PDA

View Full Version : I need prop and setup advice

woodster
06-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I converted an Aquacraft Miss Vegas nitro version into a brushless setup. I'm running a FC H3762/2 outrunner with a T180A ESC on 6S. Just wondering what you guys would recommend. I tried a x642 today and it seemed to run pretty well. I'm going to try an X442 tomorrow. This thing is just ridiculous on the amount of power it has. Also, would moving the strut up help with high speed stability? Or what is a good starting point? Thanks for the advice

monojeff
06-03-2012, 03:35 AM
Hey Darren,
How is the boat running?

Is it flighty, does it wobble side to side?

On my elam I have the strut all the way up.
If I move it down any it does not run as smoothly but all boats are different.

I do not have very much experience with the Vegas hull.
I know properchopper had his scooting along pretty good can't remember his setup though.

woodster
06-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey Jeff, it's running pretty loose when I get on it. I think it might be way overpowered because I get on it and it starts hopping and wobbling side to side. I'll try the strut all the way up today and see what happens. I was hoping somebody might have a prop recommendation that might settle it down. Would adding weight up front also help? Thanks

monojeff
06-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Yes running weight in the very front of the boat will settle it down some. Start with 3-6 ounces and go from there.
These boats are so small and light they don't do that great in the chop at times. Weight helps.
The prop you are using sounds like a decent one to me but I don't seal with 6s setups.

Adding weight doesn't hurt if you cant keep the boat on the water it isnt going to be very fast......
Try some weight and as for the strut depth I put my boat on a flat surface so the sponsons can lay flat and then have the strut sit on the table.
You want the boat to sit at the angle you want it to ran at in the water then tighten it down from there. Make sense?

The 442 should be easier to manage as it has less pitch then the 642.
Could also try some negative angle in the strut if you can to push the nose down.

woodster
06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks Jeff for all of the info, I never got a chance to run yesterday because it was to windy. Here's the boat

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Derwoood/e005da94.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Derwoood/21fed7d9.jpg

Hoping to get out tomorrow or weds. Thanks again

monojeff
06-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Looking good.
I know the Vegas is easier boat to get going faster then the UL and Elam.
More size and width.
Let me know how it goes feel free to call me if u ever have questions.
I had the Elam doing 50mph past weekend but blew the motor because was running to much and a waterline was pinched.
Oops!
Oh well time to see what I can do with the stock motor.
I'm shooting for the same speed. I think it should be doable and not so sure the UL motor was running tip top anyways.
Who knows. More testing and tuning is what makes the difference.
Adjust here and there and u will get it to settle down.

woodster
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Ya that's what I hear also. These Miss Vegas boats are supposed to be pretty nice. Seriously, this thing is wicked fast with what I have running it in. Uncontrollably fast. I'm going to try the X442 prop and see what that does, and also mess around with weight and maybe do the Airdamn like you said. I should have some video this weekend and i'll post it up as well. Thanks

Darren

woodster
06-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Well I ran again today and within 2 mins I hit a rock that was hidden just underneath the water line. Broke the rudder right off the back of the boat. It also stalled and a bunch of water got inside the hatch area. The motor and ESC got a little wet.. Am I screwed? Right now it's blinking 3 red lights when I plug it in.. Hopefully it'll dry out. :(

monojeff
06-10-2012, 12:20 AM
You should always keep some compressed air and corrosion X on hand when running.
If stuff gets subed then can blow it out the hit is with some X and be good.
You should hopefully be ok.
Let it completely dry out and then try it.
I'd get some X and spray it in there and let it dry out before you try it.

Damn rocks I have screwed up a ton off props from stuff like this.
I have also started to put break away bolt on my rudders to help if u did hit something it will flip off rather then break stuff.

woodster
06-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Ya damn rock got me good today.. Does the local autoparts store sell the corrosion X or Home Depot? Thanks

You should always keep some compressed air and corrosion X on hand when running.
If stuff gets subed then can blow it out the hit is with some X and be good.
You should hopefully be ok.
Let it completely dry out and then try it.
I'd get some X and spray it in there and let it dry out before you try it.

Damn rocks I have screwed up a ton off props from stuff like this.
I have also started to put break away bolt on my rudders to help if u did hit something it will flip off rather then break stuff.

monojeff
06-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Ace hardware is where I got mine.
Get the aerosol can not the spray bottle.