PDA

View Full Version : newbie that needs advice!!!!!

stuey4
05-31-2012, 09:40 PM
I just ran my impulse 31 for the first time today, and not to happy with it. it takes about 4 seconds for it to get on plane and go. very slow and for a start! i lowered the trim tabs, and lowered the prop so its in the water farther, but still much of an improvement! any advice would be greatly appreciated!. i thought it should be a lot faster out of the hole! and the top speed seems alot slower than it should be. i an running 2s 5000 30c lipos.

stuey4
05-31-2012, 10:18 PM
i went to charge my batteries tonight, and they won't charge now. i am getting a imbalancing error on my charger. so could i have had a battery problem? it seemed to charge them just fine this morning. so maybe they weren't fully charged? they are brand new!

Diesel6401
05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
i went to charge my batteries tonight, and they won't charge now. i am getting a imbalancing error on my charger. so could i have had a battery problem? it seemed to charge them just fine this morning. so maybe they weren't fully charged? they are brand new!

What batteries?
What charger?
What's each per cell voltage?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

stuey4
05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Speedpack 5000mah 7.4v 2s 20c prophet sport dual charger. Everything is brand new

Diesel6401
05-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Speedpack 5000mah 7.4v 2s 20c prophet sport dual charger. Everything is brand new

To be honest I don't think the dynamite lipos do very well in boating. I haven't read anyone really using them, and 20c is pretty low in boating. Maybe I'm wrong and someone will chime in and say they got them to work, they may become an issue.

* Does that charger have a read out display or anything?
* Does it have a "storage" function at all? You may need to cycle the packs a few times.
* Anyway you can check volts per cell?
* Did you just purchase the lipos and charger from your LHS? I would suggest taking it back and let us recommend some equipment that works better and is a tad cheaper. Prob not the answer you really want to hear, but that's what I would recommend.

Make-a-Wake
05-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Are you running two 2s packs in series for 4s total?????

stuey4
05-31-2012, 11:08 PM
yes (2) 2s packs.. yes i just purchased them from my lhs. i think this is the only battery he sells. i know for what i paid for these batteries i can get a better deal online for a better battery. the charger has lights that show what is going on, and when you look at the trouble shooting for the charger that is the error message i got. balancing issue. i did cycle them today a couple times and seemed to take a charge. but after i ran the boat tonight that is when i got the error on the charger. i am going to take the charger and batteries back to my lhs tommorrow and see what i can come up with! i can say i pay 60 bucks a piece for these batteries. what is a better battery for the money with dean connectors??

Diesel6401
05-31-2012, 11:46 PM
yes (2) 2s packs.. yes i just purchased them from my lhs. i think this is the only battery he sells. i know for what i paid for these batteries i can get a better deal online for a better battery. the charger has lights that show what is going on, and when you look at the trouble shooting for the charger that is the error message i got. balancing issue. i did cycle them today a couple times and seemed to take a charge. but after i ran the boat tonight that is when i got the error on the charger. i am going to take the charger and batteries back to my lhs tommorrow and see what i can come up with! i can say i pay 60 bucks a piece for these batteries. what is a better battery for the money with dean connectors??

Don't worry about getting a battery with deans connectors, you'll be getting away from using those soon anyway. No place in boating, they can't handle the amp load. I would take the charger back also.

Turnigy
Zippy
Haiyin
Gens Ace
Sky Lipo
Dinogy
Thunderpower
Hyperion

Any of those batteries are better. If you don't plan on racing I would recommend these, love these packs: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-5300-2s1p.html

Here's some other suggestions:
* http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16785__ZIPPY_Flightmax_5000mAh_2S1P_40C_USA_Ware house_.html

* http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16194

Best I could do from my cell phone. Ill link some other stuff when I can.