PDA

View Full Version : Brushless Motor In MC

ztoe
05-31-2012, 02:44 AM
My flex shaft broke 1st time out. I was wondering about the motor in the MC my pro-boat brushless spins w/o feeling rotation the motor feels like it is turning in incriments not free spinning. Is it do to the torque of thsi powerful motor or is something wrong? Also my throttle servo has to be reversed to make it run any thoughts New to boating

bdp1174
05-31-2012, 03:31 AM
The notchy feeling you are getting is because of the magnets in the motor.It is a 6 pole motor and the magnets are strong.There have been some issues with the stock flex shaft breaking and if you want to keep the stck one you can contact hobby services and I am sure they will be happy to help you.You can also buy one here from OSE like I did and I am sure you will have no more issues with flexshafts.I have about 8 -10 runs on mine so far and still working like brand new.Thanks again OSE.

It appears they are out of stock here at OSE but here is the link.
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-cable-mcrew&cat=156

JimClark
05-31-2012, 03:34 AM
are you sure you had it spinning the correct way?

ztoe
06-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the info, the prop is turning counterclockwise seems right but dont understand why reverse is needed on the esc doesn't matter I suppose but bothersome Thanks again

Ztoe

siberianhusky
06-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Servo travel direction has nothing to do with the actual reverse on the esc. It won't make the motor run the opposite direction. It's just a set up thing.
If you did have to spin your motor the other direction you have to reverse two of the motor leads then it will run the opposite way, regardless of the TX setting.