PDA

View Full Version : Out of the country buyers really ticking me off!

sailr
05-27-2012, 01:41 PM
I have been selling quite a bit in the swap shop and I CLEARLY and in bold big print say No sales outside the U.S.

Somebody will say "Ill take item so and so" and I will say OK. Then when they pay me, it turns out they are in CANADA!
As my prices include shipping, they are screwing me over as the cost to send to Canada has gone crazy. In the U.S.
a small flat rate box costs me $5.25. That SAME box to Canada is $12.95!

Come on Canadians. I will be checking every buyer's profile from now on!

JimClark
05-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Mak them pay the extra amount above what US Shipping would be

sailr
05-27-2012, 03:40 PM
If they ask in advance I will. But they jump out there and pay immediately and then I have to become the jerk if I say they have to pay more before I ship.

It just ticks me off that they are taking advantage like that. I usually don't even know they are not in the U.S. until I get the notice from Paypal and see
their shipping address.

LarrysDrifter
05-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Only give paypal info in a pm. Check thier location too. Im sure we all know a states 2 letter abbreviation.

srislash
05-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Guess I should have added a couple more $ to that purchase.I can if you would like Sailr.

sailr
05-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Yep, but a lot of people already know it.

If they ask in advance I will. But they jump out there and pay immediately and then I have to become the jerk if I say they have to pay more before I ship.

It just ticks me off that they are taking advantage like that. I usually don't even know they are not in the U.S. until I get the notice from Paypal and see
their shipping address.

sailr
05-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Problem is that the cost for small flat rate to canada has gone up to $12.95 while it's only $5.25 here in the U.S. That's a big difference. I appreciate the offer srislash, but I have learned a lesson from this. Don't bother to send more $$ at this point. I'm not unhappy with you or any one person in particular. I just kinda feel like I've been "had". When I post "shipped in the U.S.A." in the listing I expect people to ask how much more to Canada, etc.

Sorry, but I'm solving the problem by not shipping outside the country anymore.

Guess I should have added a couple more $ to that purchase.I can if you would like Sailr.

srislash
05-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Problem is that the cost for small flat rate to canada has gone up to $12.95 while it's only $5.25 here in the U.S. That's a big difference. I appreciate the offer srislash, but I have learned a lesson from this. Don't bother to send more $$ at this point. I'm not unhappy with you or any one person in particular. I just kinda feel like I've been "had". When I post "shipped in the U.S.A." in the listing I expect people to ask how much more to Canada, etc.

Sorry, but I'm solving the problem by not shipping outside the country anymore. I know it is a bit more,that is why I did throw an extra $5 on there.Guess it should've been $8. I'll try to remember this next dealing with anyone. I can't blame you for not wanting to be taken advantage of. Nuff said.

TINY
05-28-2012, 04:33 AM
Seriously..... 3 dollars???? i'm sure sailr can do some math and maybe some communication with a teaspoon of maturity... Why not ship if the consumer is happy to pay....

TINY
05-28-2012, 05:09 AM
Ps, hope that didn't come across too harsh after a little thought, but i have purchased multiple items from USA and all the sellers have come to an arrangement. "love the 24volt power supply" Even items heavy to ship.. I have always wondered why alot of you guys say lower 48 only?? If we are happy to pay for postage and your time why leave us out??
Just curious.......

srislash
05-28-2012, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=TINY;420775]Ps, hope that didn't come across too harsh after a little thought, but i have purchased multiple items from USA and all the sellers have come to an arrangement. "love the 24volt power supply" Even items heavy to ship.. I have always wondered why alot of you guys say lower 48 only?? If we are happy to pay for postage and your time why leave us out??I got my e-mail notification and was going to come on here and settle this down a bit but I see you've done it yourself.Thanks Tiny.
I just hope Jim reads this as I did add something and informed him on my Paypal message.He may have missed it as he probably got busy with the frenzy of buyers.

sailr
05-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. There is more to the story than you know. I have problems more often than not with stuff going to Canada. Not just from here on OSE. I'm just tired of it. Nothing against anyone at all. It just consumes my time and energy. It is also hard to say "NO" to other countries and include some others. In order to know the shipping amount of an item to say...France...or the U.K., I have to get the buyers full name and address and then run it through the USPS to get the cost and then get back to the buyer, etc. It takes a long time and in then often the buyer doesn't want to pay that much shipping and the item is not sold and goes back on the selling block only to get lost in the shuffle.

It's the hassle as much as the cost guys. I truly hope you can understand.

srislash
05-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. There is more to the story than you know. I have problems more often than not with stuff going to Canada. Not just from here on OSE. I'm just tired of it. Nothing against anyone at all. It just consumes my time and energy. It is also hard to say "NO" to other countries and include some others. In order to know the shipping amount of an item to say...France...or the U.K., I have to get the buyers full name and address and then run it through the USPS to get the cost and then get back to the buyer, etc. It takes a long time and in then often the buyer doesn't want to pay that much shipping and the item is not sold and goes back on the selling block only to get lost in the shuffle.

It's the hassle as much as the cost guys. I truly hope you can understand.Totally understand.I've done it as well.