PDA

View Full Version : 39" Deep V - Villain Sr

Powerhouse
05-24-2012, 10:18 AM
I have finally decided to order a 39" Deep V hull, very simular to the Traxxas Villain in shape and I have started to look around for electrics and the mechanical parts.
My plan was to maybe go for 2 motors and have the rudder in the middle, since I really like the punch I get in my villain.
But maybe it is sufficiant enough to have just one motor...and question is what?

I have look at tricked out simular boats such as the HK Princess, HK Osprey and The Proboat Shockwave and to get nice speed from theses boats...the set up is very close with a motor around 1600 kv and 6S.
Speeds seems to be around 50-60 Mph. Many uses the leopard 4082 on 1600kv

I have no experiance in building a boat from scratch so I need all the support I can get.

What do you guys think, one or two motors as set up?
What motor or motors depending on set-up should I use for hitting speed as mentioned above and still a fair runtime?
I am not looking to be the fastest, only fast :wink:

Rudder, driveline etc, what should I think about?

Powerhouse
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Just to make you aware, I have ordered the Cigarette 36" from here, http://www.kingstonmouldings.com/pdcigarette36.htm
Were I want to be is ending up speedwise like stock spartan on 6s and use one motor with low kv on 6s or 2 motors with 3S with slightly higher kv as per motor.
I had a plan to either use strut/struts-solutions OR use the same solution as a stock Villin BUT use a seperate rudder.

Mattwarner
06-07-2012, 03:16 PM
How weird on a US site I find this link to a company who are about 1/2 mile away from me! Never heard of them before Doesn't look like it comes with a deck just the hull??

I am currently building a 41" mono and using a leopard 5692, I have the 4082 in a 37" cat which is a good choice, personally think it would be too small for this mono especially if you have to make a deck which will end up being heavy

Powerhouse
06-08-2012, 02:56 AM
The boat weighs around 4- 4 1/2 lb without hardware and electrics but wÃ*!**th deck.
Is that much?

Mattwarner
06-09-2012, 05:55 PM
That's the same weight as my mono and i am using a Leopard 5692 on 12s to get to 55-60mph I'd say a 4082 will be too small for the speeds your looking for but would get you into the mid 40's on 6s however there are others far more experienced than me who may give out different/better advice