PDA

View Full Version : Brand new MC got a total of 1 foot before flex broke

NissanGTR
05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
AQ really needs to address this flex shaft issue.

They take so much time and put all this love into developing a new boat and then give it over to the Chinese to be manufactured.

I'm pissed. I bet 80% of AQ owners are casual boaters that don't scour the forums. That means the majority of new MC owners will be disappointed when they put the boat into the water the first time and it fails.

It feels like AQ is all about the bottom line. They should fix this crap for GOOD!

Now I have to spend another $25 to fix the problem AQ should have fixed a year ago and WAIT WAIT WAIT until the parts come in.

How could ANYONE recommend this boat to a causal person that just wants to drop in the batteries and go?

I wont be recommending ANY AQ products. I will even go as far as telling them to STAY AWAY from AQ products. Even if I get this thing up and running well. The only reason it's running at all is from the time and $ It took to research and fix it. Most people don't have time for this crap.

AQ gets a :thumbdown: for their bad business model.

Grimracer
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
May I?

Frist and foremost thank you for trying our product..
If there is anybody to blame you can blame me. I am ultimately reasonable for the ENTIRE boat product, its parts and quality.
The first route to take is call Hobby Services and talk to Jack or Adam. Both Jack and Adam race RC boats with me, although somewhat new to RC racing they really know the ins and outs of our RC boat products.
And, just so you know we have been working very hard at solving the cable issues we have seen in the past. As simple as this should be its proven to be quite the challenge and one that looks to be on going.
I would also like to say. I run all stock cables in my boats (honest engine).

So.. I would like to say sorry for the incoveniance and please call Hobby Services (number in your manual) for any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

Grimracer

D for Dummy
05-23-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm new to RC Boats. (March 23, 2010) Two months ago I bought an AquaCraft Motley Crew. I have loved it so much and used it so much that I have bought a second one. Sure there are minor inconveniences, but this is after all a hobby! I researched and researched and researched some more before choosing which brand and which boat to purchase.

I was looking at a ProBoat Miss Geico, Traxxas Spartan, and Aquacraft Motely Crew.

Guys with ProBoat MG all complain about setup, even those who run the Mystic version with the offset rudder. I don't want to have to set my boat up for the location, I just want to run.

Guys with the Traxxas Spartan complain about the poor high speed handling, sinks to a bow-up recovery position after even minor flips and spin-outs. Of course they also complain about the poor motor/ESC pre Castle and ultra hot NiMH, and puffing LiPos issues.

Guys with the AquaCraft Motley Crew complain about the flex cable.

Choose your poison. I chose the Aquacraft Motley Crew.

As of Monday evening, I have 72 runs on my first Motley Crew and 37 on the second. I know this because being new to RC Boats and scared of what I learned about LiPos, I have created an Excel spreadsheet to document total voltage, mAh, cell voltage to closely monitor my batteries. (if anyone wants this spreadsheet PM me). I've learned after two months that logging every charge is not necessary, but I do know what my LiPos should be reading and to watch for changes.

I run the GrimRacer 42x55 prop and have since my first run. YouTube and hobby forums told me the stock plastic prop will break from the torque. This is true of all brands of brushless boats with plastic props. I run the GrimRacer 2s 5000mAH 40c LiPos. (four sets of them). I own other LiPos of the same rating and have puffed a few of them and not found the same quality as the GrimRacer LiPos. Yes, people will argue about batteries, yes the GR's are expensive ($77+shipping on Amazon), but they will out preform all others.

One of my two boats had an O-ring in the motor water jacket kinked. My local hobby shop swapped out the part at no cost. This kink allowed the bay under the hatch to fill with water. This caused the servo to short out and taught me to use a ballon over my reciever.

I'm very pleased with Aquacraft customer service. I told them about the servo not working and they sent me a new one at no charge.

I'm certain that if you call customer service they will replace your flex cable at no charge. They were very reasonable and very helpful. If you are in a rush, buy one at the local hobby shop and when you receive the replacement, keep it as a spare. This is a hobby and some parts are consumable. I have a field box with enough extra parts to ensure I'm running my boat (or boats) until all the LiPo's are discharged or it is too dark to run (Pond at WalMart on M-59/I-94 Chesterfield Twp, MI is lit by the parking lot lights - I've run as late as 11pm!).

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. But I'm sure the customer service team will help.

View my profile here for videos and links. PM with setup questions.

sturco
05-23-2012, 04:08 PM
"D" just PM'd you, thanks

Brushless55
05-29-2012, 10:44 AM
May I?

Frist and foremost thank you for trying our product..
If there is anybody to blame you can blame me. I am ultimately reasonable for the ENTIRE boat product, its parts and quality.
The first route to take is call Hobby Services and talk to Jack or Adam. Both Jack and Adam race RC boats with me, although somewhat new to RC racing they really know the ins and outs of our RC boat products.
And, just so you know we have been working very hard at solving the cable issues we have seen in the past. As simple as this should be its proven to be quite the challenge and one that looks to be on going.
I would also like to say. I run all stock cables in my boats (honest engine).

So.. I would like to say sorry for the incoveniance and please call Hobby Services (number in your manual) for any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

Grimracer

Thanks for posting Grim!
you guys are great for how issues are handled, no blame pushing :tiphat:

NissanGTR
06-15-2012, 02:16 PM
OK the boat now has a GR prop and a OFE flex cable.

I have run it a total of 3 times and am ready to sell it.

Anyone want to buy it? I have the box and everything that came with it. No scratches.

Make me an offer. The prop cost me $22 and the flex was $25.

So I have a total of $400 into the boat. No low ballers.

sturco
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
You have a PM !
Steve