PDA

View Full Version : Don't Order From Twisted Liquid

chisoxguy13
05-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Just some advise for anyone that was/is thinking about ordering anything from them. I waited two weeks and received nothing as to my order. I emailed them on wednesday Apr 16 and this was their response.

Hello

We are delayed because of demand but your orders are leaving today and you will get notice of this this evening when system sends mails.

Have A Nice Day And Thank You,
Steffanie
TLR Customer Service

The next wednesday Apr 23 I contacted them via live chat and was told my items were shipping that day and I would receive an email that day. Needless to say I didn't receive an email. The following Monday I filed a dispute with paypal and on Tuesday I received one of my orders. I ordered two orders for two addresses. They told me that both orders were combined and sent to one address. The orders were not combined and they weren't supposed to be in the first place. They then refunded my order that did not arrive. Unfortunately that was the order that I really needed. I am not too savy with my props and needed some to get back in the water. Seeing that they refunded the money I decided to order another prop from them so I could get my boat back in the water and they were the only one's that I could find that had 1/8" shaft finished props. This is what I received then.

Hello

The new order you just made has been refunded. Our policy is as a customer if you ever file a dispute with us, your are suspended from purchasing from TLR. We have refunded your order made today and please purchase your items elsewhere. Thank you.

Have A Nice Day And Thank You,
Steffanie
TLR Customer Service

So basically after waiting over a month I have a drive system from them that I don't have a prop for so I am dead in the water and they are piss poor in the area of customer support. Just wanted everyone to be warned if they were thinking about ordering from them.

PropNutt43
05-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree totally !!! :cursing: Had the same problem when I ordered their skater hardware for the BJ26. Took over a month to get it and only after phone calls , online chats, e-mails and filling a complaint with PayPal.

Besides that when I got the hardware it was complete garbage. Sloppy fitting rudder the strut looked like it was made with a hand file and there was just a hole drilled thru the strut with no bushings what so ever for the prop shaft to spin in.

Needless to say I have never put it on my boat.
In my aginizing wait I ordered Fullers Cat Hardware and received it the same day I got my order from TLR. (only took 3 days)

Much nicer and higher quality.

http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/hardware.htm

chisoxguy13
05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Would you please post what you had to order. I recall that you have to specify a couple of things when ordering this system. Thank you.

chisoxguy13
05-06-2008, 10:59 AM
The owner called me last night and talked to me for an hour and a half and understands the strut needs improvement. He stated that one is in the works and everyone that has one can send a worn out one back and receive two in return. He also stated that when the new strut comes out he will swap the old one for free.

bizzle
05-06-2008, 03:51 PM
yea, i too ordered a prop from them over a month ago. they charged my card and i have yet to hear anything from them so that means its most likely "shipping out this week" lol. i sold the boat that i ordered the prop for so im really in no rush maybe i should complain and get my order cancelled aswell as banned for life from ordering to save myself in the future

PropNutt43
05-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Would you please post what you had to order. I recall that you have to specify a couple of things when ordering this system. Thank you.

If you are referring to the Fullers Cat Hardware please have a look at these two threads.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=1995
Posts # 9 - 12

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=3044

Post # 5

Fluid
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I thought Steven closed this thread? Okay, there are two of them. Makes for twice the bashing I guess....... :tape:

RCprince
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
This one is next..Lets Keep the good spirits flowing....Most forum have a preferred vendors list..Alway remember look before you cross an intersection and if you can't see ask for help...Poof

Wakesurfer
05-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I guess I'll just have to see for myself. I have a Skater II, a prop, and some other stuff ordered from them. After I placed my order, I read about the Skater strut not having a bushing, so I contacted them about ordering a spare strut so I can try to mod one with a brass bushing. They still hadn't shipped my original order (it had only been a couple of days) and said they would tag a spare strut as a warranty item and throw it in with my order. I fully expected to buy the part and was just looking for a part number and they offered to add it for free. Got a message yesterday that my order was shipping, so I'll find out more when it gets here. I do remember reading on their site that they won't rush shipping an order at the expense of not getting the parts correct. I would imagine this is a busy time of year for them, and I'm not racing my boat yet, so I'm not in a hurry for those parts. I have had good experiances with most R/C vendors and manufactures. I've had longer delays getting parts for some of my land stuff that i do race. Traxxas, Losi, and Novak are big established companies and getting parts from them has been a problem for some things. Doesn't mean I'm going to refuse to deal with them and go flame them everywhere I can. It seems really important to me when I need a part to make a race, but these are still toys, R/C is a hobby. It's not like they backordered a replacement valve for my heart or something. I really need a couple of bones for my right foot, but my LHS is fresh out of those. Nothing like a 40mph truggy to the side of your foot to make you think about switching to boat racing. Then I could turn marshall from a john boat!:scared:
Relax and enjoy the hobby!

Wakesurfer
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I just got back from my LHS. Had to pick up parts for my land based stuff. Had a box from TLR on the porch. Everything looks ok to me, but there is a note that they are still working on my prop and it will ship asap. No biggie, it will get here eventually. Now I get to start swapping the other parts.

Steven Vaccaro
05-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I thought Steven closed this thread? Okay, there are two of them. Makes for twice the bashing I guess....... :tape:

Sorry I missed this one!