PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

silvermansteve
05-20-2012, 12:10 AM
aquacraft has a new mono boat called the revolt.

Doby
05-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Yes they do.

Kent55
05-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Looks Good. $349

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBXEPWW&P=SM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60xSIe0eek&feature=player_detailpage

Kent55
05-20-2012, 07:16 AM
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub24-revolt30/aqub24-red-lg.jpg

It looks alot like the Exceed!

http://site.nitrorcx.com/image/99B-10022-Snap-720-EP-ARTR/10.jpg

dana
05-20-2012, 08:37 AM
yes it does kent. also i had noticed that the motor mount is alot the the exceed boats too

silvermansteve
05-20-2012, 05:14 PM
i had thought this was interesting enough to go in the q and a forum, where more people would see it, since it's not every day the sv27 might be replaced.... also, i had no comments about the boat, i just thought people would be interested to know it exists.

tlandauer
05-20-2012, 05:41 PM
They are totally different, the transom on the Exceed is very tricky, I wanted to buy that boat but stopped short of pulling the trigger because there is no room to put turnfins and trims. My thoughts were that if the Venom KOS P1 needed these items for better running, then this Exceed would need that as well, Venom and Exceed is somehow connected, the hardware is identical.
The Exceed hull is very scale looking, as such, my expectation for speed is realistic. (low)
I pre-ordered the Revolt30, can't wait! really excited.

Kent55
05-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I pre-ordered the Revolt30, can't wait! really excited.

NICE Buy!

tlandauer
05-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks! Can't wait, but you know, I waited more than 6 months for the Motley Crew. :olleyes:When Tower says the projected time for stock arrival, they aren't always accurate.

Grimracer
05-21-2012, 10:29 PM
If you are thinking about getting one DO NOT DELAY.

We have a ton of them coming but the back orders are PILEING up.. BIG TIME!

You do not want to miss that first shipement!

Grim

tlandauer
05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
HI Grim, Thanks for the heads up. Awesome boat you designed! One stupid question: do you foresee any quality issues from the 1st batch? Anyway, I already pre-ordered mine because of the back order experience I had.
Thanks again for your knowledge, dedication and passion so us newbies can have some pretty amazing boats! ( I mean newbies being able to enjoy more than just entry level FE boats)

Brushless55
05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
If you are thinking about getting one DO NOT DELAY.

We have a ton of them coming but the back orders are PILEING up.. BIG TIME!

You do not want to miss that first shipement!

Grim

when will the first batch be available?
thanks

Brushless55
05-21-2012, 11:15 PM
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub24-revolt30/aqub24-red-lg.jpg

It looks alot like the Exceed!

http://site.nitrorcx.com/image/99B-10022-Snap-720-EP-ARTR/10.jpg

way way different bro..

Grimracer
05-22-2012, 12:53 PM
when will the first batch be available?
thanks

barring a huge mess for some reasion.. (i dont talk dates) but it looks like boats are in the US today.. its going to be very soon.

BTY.. that other boat has steps.. monos can not have steps.. and the Revolts feeboard is very shallow.. not even close.. :doh:

Grim

bdp1174
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Awesome I pre-ordered mine on tower the today you posted here in the forums.I hope I can get one of the first batch boats.Great looking boat Grim.

dana
05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Clearly it looks similar and is nothing like the exceed. Grim stuff is wayyy better. The color scheme and motor mounts are the only things that look somewhat similar. I don't do much rtr stuff anymore, but I may have to get one of these )

CDN Racer
05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Went to my Canadian RC Boat store and they haven't heard of it yet !! I want one and the first in Canada would be Cool !!

siberianhusky
05-23-2012, 05:12 PM
I want one as well, but this time I'll wait a bit to see if there are any new boat gremlins. Really hope not.
Wish a version without a TX/RX were available though.

siberianhusky
05-23-2012, 05:47 PM
My apologies I only saw the 349$ version in the link I didn't realize there was a version available without the radio system.
This is great, a lot of us already have a radio of choice and don't need another.
3 Cheers!

Grimracer
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
I want one as well, but this time I'll wait a bit to see if there are any new boat gremlins. Really hope not.
Wish a version without a TX/RX were available though.

Siber.. ask and you shale receive!

Look closer at the options!

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim

Grimracer
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Grim
Couple things...

1. What about 1st run hiccups?? I've seen a lot of posts on this forum about the the first batch of MC's? - I won't beat a dead horse.

2. Tower is showing 2 versions - one is $349.99 the other is $299.99 - is the only diff one comes with a radio??

3. Thanks for working with Jack on my WC:wink: -- Took the replacement out yesterday, hull's tight as a drum, no water leaks:thumbup1: -- Motor got a little warm so I'm puttin my cooling mod back on, using Prather brand cooling hose not Tygon.

4. If the Revolt gets good reviews, you got another customer - sign me up for a blue one:biggrin:

Regards,
Bruce - So Oregon

Bruce.. Your asking in good faith so this answer will follow.

I dont have the shipment yet BUT.. I would like to see the battery tray be a thcker plastic. It works well but would make me feel better.
I would also like to see them apply the glue to hold the tray in and the stuffing tube also done a little neeter. But.. again not a show stopper.
I might (MIGHT) also ask them to use larger tubing on the cooling system in the future.. we will see.

Thats it..

O yea.. kick that 800 lb flex shaft issue in the A......

I really think you are going to like this little hot rod!

Grim

Rumdog
05-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Billy.... You need some lipos

dana
05-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey grim, I'm curious about the rudder. Will they be available? My Df 26 needs a good rudder, but all the ones that will fit are poor quality, and the good ones are to darn big to even mount! Can you tell me anything about this rudder? Thanks

dana
05-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Lipos on the way out? Not sure about that...

TheShaughnessy
05-24-2012, 12:16 AM
life cells aren't taking lipo's out of the picture anytime soon. Energy density is still better with lipos. As to the fire hazard, i tossed an old puffed cell in the drive way, been exposed to extreme heat and cold, but still hasn't exploded. The fire danger has been greatly reduced with the use of chargers with multiple safety loops and just better cell chemistry. A123 cells are not the next big thing either. No doubt something will replace lipo, but i don't believe it is here yet.

Also, why are there already 3 threads on the same boat? Can't wait till they actually come out and 40 threads get started all asking the same questions and getting the same answers.

Grimracer
05-24-2012, 09:52 AM
That’s a good looking mount..

Im under the pretense that great minds think alike!.

Just for the record however so there is no "question".. here is a screen capture of the part in a typical file structure.

As you can see most "part files anyway" are named by Year-month-date.... on the date of creation.

Kind of cool eh!.. ya all get so see some behind the screen here at AquaCraft!

Grimracer