PDA

View Full Version : These are just plain fun to me!!!

Make-a-Wake
05-18-2012, 10:19 PM
It's never gotten out of my blood, ever since my first complete mod of a Traxxas Villain into a 40mph single brushless. This boat was purchased by my bro-in-law at a garage sale for a dollar. Everything in this "build" will be from my boxes of "stuff" I already have.

These are fun cuz you cant screw 'em up, and your not worried about everything being exactly "in line", so its very relaxing. Darn near gives me the same enjoyment as a big 10s boat, its a challenge, and I think its cool............this one is gonna be a real sleeper!!

At 20.5" long and built from sturdy thick plastic, this Seabird can handle some extrra speed with ease, its built like a tank.

The canopy has tongues and a release, I had to cut out the battery tray just to look inside to see how to get the deck off. Gonna work out well cuz the deck will be glued together and I will have an access now right under the canopy like a real RC.

The 280 motor will be swapped out for a 540 brushed on a 2 cell lipo, the prop bulb will be gone and it will have a fixed "stinger"(brass tube) and a small rudder on the transom.

:Peace_Sign:

BHChieftain
05-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Nice! Hey, the sub surface drive would make this a good rescue boat to boot... (sub drives handy for towing a tennis ball method...not as easy to tangle the line in the prop)

Chief

Make-a-Wake
05-19-2012, 12:18 AM
It still could be a rescue boat although I am cutting the prop bulb off and going surface drive with transom rudder...................got a bit more done.

The last pic shows where it all goes to give me a 30% COG.

Man, i had to cut off a BUNCH of those plastic screw pegs.:tongue_smilie:

Make-a-Wake
05-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Had to go with a Cobalt 27 modified motor cuz the 540 silver can had a gear stuck on it.

It should haul with this in it.................. :buttrock:

Rumdog
05-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Cool.
I've been wanting to do one of those little scale Malibu wakeboard boats from walmart.

RCKong
05-19-2012, 11:03 AM
this will be fun to watch :popcorn2:

Make-a-Wake
05-25-2012, 12:24 AM
She's all ready for a run!! Batt is charging up right now, should be able to get her out at lunch tomorrow..................the 35mm prop concerns me a bit...........sorta large

Entire cost to me.....................zero................all stuff i had.:bounce:

Remmie81
05-25-2012, 02:14 AM
This is fun man!! Nice job!

Make-a-Wake
05-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks!!

HYDROJERRY
05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
thats cool,,, i had one just like that that had Peir 51 on it,,, was going to dothe same thing but ended up giving it to a co=worker for his kids to play with in there pool..

Make-a-Wake
05-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Well..................here she is.

I nailed the COG as it ran about as good as could be expected. Not real fast obviously, probably 23-25.........

Its faster than it looks cuz of the big lake and the camera set at full view.

GfM9oZ_yGug