PDA

View Full Version : RC Boat Demo May 26th

mojoracer
05-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Attention MMEU members. The Rochester Elks have purchased a new lodge off of Swan Lake. We (MMEU) have been contacted by Mike Dubay. Mike is looking into hosting an RC boat race at this site in the near future. According to Mike Dubay, the sheltered water is perfect size for a RC event. I have sent him a NAMBA course lay out info. The Elks are having a picinic party on Saturday May 26th. Local RC boaters are invited to come and check out the facility. Come in and run your boats for fun and check out the water. The Elks club will provide free lunch for all boat owners who attend. Mike has secured the use of a 14 foot recovery boat for us to use. Are any club members intrested in attending? I would like to do it. This would probably be a 2-3 hour test and tune session in the afternoon. There are no course bouys, just open water. The Elk's picinic starts at 1:00 pm on Saturday. There is no set sechedule, but I will plan on arriving at 1:00. The adress of this place is:

3100 pond road leonard michigan

This is on the north end of Lakeville Lake. Let me know if any of you guys are interested in doing this. This could be a great opportunity for MMEU to host a bigger race and accomidate larger class boat racing.

tjcast
05-18-2012, 06:20 PM
I'll go

mojoracer
05-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Good we have 3. Hopefully we can get a couple more.

T.S.Davis
05-21-2012, 08:53 AM
If I don't go up north I'll see what I can do.

tjcast
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
So for those going, what time are we planning on being there?

mojoracer
05-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I am shooting for 1:00pm arrival time Tom.