PDA

View Full Version : paging GRIMRACER , vs1 fe

Serpents811
05-17-2012, 08:57 PM
looking to get a vs1 and make it fe , im not having finding any drawings or plans to make the radio box , can any one help:frusty:

Grimracer
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Sorry my FE tunnel is a Top Speed 3.

Team AquaCraft / Futaba driver Mike Ball built one and maybe he can post a pic.

Grim

Chilli
05-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Everyone does it a little different. Some extend the radio box to the rear. I chose to install a one piece box. Some put servos in the front, some in the rear. Build to suit your taste. Have fun with it. Once you get over tearing up a perfectly good hull, the rest is easy. :laugh:

BTW- If you already have VS1 or can get one dirt cheap, go for it. But the TS3 is a great boat!! My sons VS1 is fast but has a tendancy to blow over in the chop. My TS3 handles the race water much better. Both boats turn great.

pescador
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
I have a ton of pics of different styles, I left the front box on mine cut the deck and made sides to join to the back. To get more adjustability in the battery placement you can rebuild the front box and move the servo forward an inch or two. But the bottom of the radio box will have to be replaced from the bottom of the boat.
Im out of town until Monday but I can send you pics when I get back.

Brian

Serpents811
05-17-2012, 10:10 PM
I have a ton of pics of different styles, I left the front box on mine cut the deck and made sides to join to the back. To get more adjustability in the battery placement you can rebuild the front box and move the servo forward an inch or two. But the bottom of the radio box will have to be replaced from the bottom of the boat.
Im out of town until Monday but I can send you pics when I get back.

Brian
that helps a bunch , i just want some ideas on how to go about it and if you guys a some measurements that will help to as i will like to make templets and put them out for someone that might want to do the same

Stinger9D9
05-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Here's one build thread (not Mikes, but still a good one).
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?26576-VS-1-FE-Build

I did something similar to mine, but kept the stock radio box intact with the servo up front.

What a great boat. Totally worth the work. I may need to forego the Revolt for now and build a TS3 FE because this boat has me a bit hooked on tunnel hulls for the time being.

Serpents811
05-18-2012, 03:46 PM
It would be cool if aquacraft comes out with fe version of the vs1 just saying

Stinger9D9
05-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that's what I initially thought, but it is nice to do a little building now and then. You'll have much more satisfaction with the finished product if you convert one yourself with your own personal touches...especially when people see it flying across the pond and ask where they can buy one. They can't (kinda)...unless your sell them yours...

Sometimes having the same boat that anyone else can just go out and buy just isn't as satisfying.

By the way, here's a link to photos of Mike Ball's VS-1. This is a lot closer to what I built.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?14209-Vs1-fe&