PDA

View Full Version : Aquacraft Revolt 30 FE - WOW!

bigwaveohs
05-17-2012, 05:38 PM
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub24-revolt30/index.html

detox
05-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Dam! that is a purdy boat.

RIPFENCE
05-17-2012, 07:16 PM
nice looks like you can really stuff the nose on this one though

TheShaughnessy
05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
looks like they hit the ball out of the park to me. 4 trim schemes, a proven motor esc combo, and a perfect boat for multiple classes such as LSO, or p spec mono, or built up to run in p offshore or p mono.

As for the bow, seems like it has to do with aerodynamics there, not hydrodynamics. It didn't seem like it was gonna sub at any point during the vid. The bow should be up out of the water most the way anyhow right. I am no boat designer though so maybe someone from AQ can chime in.

I also wonder if the 42x55 on the back is going to come with it. Here is an eagle tree chart of a 42x55 paired with the aq 1800 kv motor in a Vegas duece conversion
76704 The 100 amp spike is from my "start" I was practicing for oval so i pretended there was a mill but got to the line too soon so had to slow down and then gun it at 0. Well within the amp draw the combo is rated for the rest of the run. And less then 2000 mah after 2.5 min keeps it easy on the batteries.

Doby
05-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote from the website..

"Genuine GrimRacer™ parts translate into extreme speeds, excellent handling and impressive durability, from the highly efficient water pickup system integrated into the pre-sharpened rudder to the carbon-fiber trim plates. As an added performance plus, the Revolt 30 comes with a GrimRacer metal 42x55 prop.
"

TheShaughnessy
05-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote from the website..

"Genuine GrimRacer™ parts translate into extreme speeds, excellent handling and impressive durability, from the highly efficient water pickup system integrated into the pre-sharpened rudder to the carbon-fiber trim plates. As an added performance plus, the Revolt 30 comes with a GrimRacer metal 42x55 prop.
"

Missed that one. Seems like a good match with the esc/ motor and boat. Just started running the prop and have to say i'm diggin it. I have another one that i detounged, What are your thoughts on that?

Found it, guess i should have clicked the features button.

Brushless55
05-17-2012, 11:40 PM
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?34214-Might-want-to-start-a-new-Fourm-Topic!..-New-from-AquaCraft!

TheShaughnessy
05-17-2012, 11:42 PM
thanks, Wish i would have seen that one first. I'm not in the AQ forums too much.

Brushless55
05-17-2012, 11:44 PM
thanks, Wish i would have seen that one first. I'm not in the AQ forums too much.

very cool that Grim put this sucker together!
I am buying one for sure and maybe 2
one for PSpec, and a second for PMono :rockon2:

Make-a-Wake
05-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Nice boat but the canopy is hideous...................

TheShaughnessy
05-17-2012, 11:57 PM
i agree, this may be my next boat as a rx ready version. But with heats this weekend, nationals in month, and a vacation to Florida, the finances cant handle another boat purchase. I do have some boring car stuff i could try sell though...

Also i'm gonna stop posting here so hopefully it will die out and we can stay on track in the other thread started by grim, I'm sure the boat will have it's own section as soon as Steve gets the chance to make it happen.

Grimracer
05-18-2012, 10:36 AM
nice looks like you can really stuff the nose on this one though

Its a mono.. I guarantee its going to stuff (when you least expect it) if it comes off a wake wrong..
Truth is that does not make it a bad mono.. it makes it a BAD A.. Mono! :buttrock:

Grim

Grimracer
05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
edit

Grimracer
05-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice boat but the canopy is hideous...................

I dont think its so much the shape of the canopy.. its that SHOT... Never liked that pic and not sure why we are using it.. YUK!

Grim

Make-a-Wake
05-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I dont think its so much the shape of the canopy.. its that SHOT... Never liked that pic and not sure why we are using it.. YUK!

Grim

Dont take me the wrong way....................I am a very positive boater and focus on the positive points 99% of the time, It is a very nice boat................has the same "clean" appearance inside as the MC does, kudo's there. Regardless of the photo angle, it doesnt flow well at all with the sexy contours of the rest of the hull...................it looks almost like a cardboard mock-up someone made themself to build a replacement canopy...................sorry for the tuff love. If the photo is correct, then it has completely vertical sides...............???

Once again though, very nice offering to the P mono class and it will surely bite into Impulse sales....................is the Hull a true 30" transom to tip?

electric
05-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Hey, I thought we went RIGHT (Clockwise) around the oval course? From the Revolt users manual...hmmm For the record, I am in line to buy one...

Make-a-Wake
05-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey, I thought we went RIGHT (Clockwise) around the oval course? From the Revolt users manual...hmmm For the record, I am in line to buy one...

The pickup slot is on the right side of the rudder blade so it will be fine......................is there a hint of "Britishness" in the manual.....................H. Kong etc...................????:bounce:

Grimracer
05-18-2012, 11:20 AM

aha crap.. thats a swing and a miss...lol

hahhaha.. I need to fire the dude that writes this suff.... wait!

Grim

Darin Jordan
05-18-2012, 11:24 AM
aha crap.. thats a swing and a miss...lol

hahhaha.. I need to fire the dude that writes this suff.... wait!

Grim

Hahahaha... Awwww, Yes... Now Grim's REAL FUN begins!! Have fun, my friend!! :frusty:

By the way... I thought Brian mentioned to me that there was a REAL boat that looked similar to this? Got any pics of that?

~Darin

Grimracer
05-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Hahahaha... Awwww, Yes... Now Grim's REAL FUN begins!! Have fun, my friend!! :frusty:

By the way... I thought Brian mentioned to me that there was a REAL boat that looked similar to this? Got any pics of that?

~Darin

The insperation for the cowl design!

RIPFENCE
05-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Its a mono.. I guarantee its going to stuff (when you least expect it) if it comes off a wake wrong..
Truth is that does not make it a bad mono.. it makes it a BAD A.. Mono! :buttrock:

Grim

some monos ride higher then others...for instance i am much more likely to stuff the nose on a df 29 then i am a cyberstorm..just saying..not knocking it..just it looks like it rides low which is beneficial in turns especially it digs in well

T.S.Davis
05-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Game changer.

My 2 cents.

Doby
05-18-2012, 01:47 PM
What...no yellow......:crying:

T.S.Davis
05-18-2012, 01:50 PM
No lacewood either John. I could add it.

Grimracer
05-18-2012, 01:55 PM
What...no yellow......:crying:

lol.. I dident forget about you.. its just.. We are LIVING ON THE EDGE! lol

Come join us would ya!

Grim

properchopper
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm pissed - You're taking away all my fun ; ez in/out motor mount, battery hold-down straps, ultra-tasty hardware on the rear, 42/55 prop. What's next ? 5.5 bullets & a visible side water outlet ? :wink:

Brushless55
05-18-2012, 03:16 PM
The insperation for the cowl design!

Sweet!

Grimracer
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
just around the corner man.. just around the corner..

My job is to give you no work when it comes to "modifying" the boat.

There are a few things Im going to look closer at after this boat hits the shores.. but its going to be a solid release!

Grim

Rumdog
05-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Looks like a cool boat!
Besides that gross cowl..

dana
05-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I really like the cowl. Beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder I guess

Rumdog
05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I think it's more just the crappy window stickers I don't like

TheShaughnessy
05-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I heard the addition of stickers helps the motor run cooler and also gives u more rpm. ::sarcasm::

I guess a sticker is a deal breaker for some.

As a side note, I've stuffed every hull type. Cat, sport hydro, and a vee. Just depends on water.

Tony.. I thought the motor position and battery straps looked familiar. Its how you set up your insane mono right.

I think this boat will deliver what everyone wanted from the super vee 27( an awesome boat in itself) . Can't wait to see it at a local pond.

Rumdog
05-18-2012, 09:31 PM
It really does look like a great boat. RTR's have come a long way in the past couple years!

properchopper
05-18-2012, 09:51 PM
I heard the addition of stickers helps the motor run cooler and also gives u more rpm. ::sarcasm::

I guess a sticker is a deal breaker for some.

As a side note, I've stuffed every hull type. Cat, sport hydro, and a vee. Just depends on water.

Tony.. I thought the motor position and battery straps looked familiar. Its how you set up your insane mono right.

I think this boat will deliver what everyone wanted from the super vee 27( an awesome boat in itself) . Can't wait to see it at a local pond.

If the windshield design is the only bone of contention then I'd say that Mr. Z did a mighty fine job on this boat. FWIW when I first laid eyes on the MC the graphics didn't appeal to me - now they just rock my room (e.g. at first you hate the whip, then later you learn to love it :o)

I too have stuffed all types of mono's. I replaced my DF33 with a Cyberstorm because of it's higher freeboard in the bow & promptly stuffed the Cyberstorm. Rogue waves happen :mad:

I learned the rear motor placement from Randy ages ago; all my monos are built like that now. The IB34 has a hold-down setup a little different. A few SAWs ago Mark flipped his DF mono, hatch popped off, batteries ejected with a CC Hydra240 still attached and took up residence among the other FE paraphenalia on the bottom.

Battery Straps ? What battery straps ?

I have a funny feeling this new boat might make a cameo appearance at a little extravaganza coming up next month :spy:

Mr. Shaughnessy, get some sleep. Driver's meeting at 7:30 a.m tomorrow morning. :scared: (seven entries in P-Ltd Sport Hydro - turn one's gonna be an interesting spectacle - one word : FLOTATION !)

RIPFENCE
05-19-2012, 08:44 AM
these rtr's are getting good..it used to mean Ready to Rebuild but not so much anymore..It appears to have a sharp deadrise on the vee which would be beneficial in the chop..sold!

detox
05-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I really like this mono. Now it is time for Aquacraft to design a better hydro.

T.S.Davis
05-19-2012, 09:20 PM
We used to call them box art boats.

Brushless55
05-19-2012, 10:53 PM
I really like this mono. Now it is time for Aquacraft to design a better hydro.

lil bigga
:spy:

MIGMaster
06-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm going to buy a new boat tomorrow and was thinking about this one, but it just doesn't look right. I'm hoping it looks better than in the pics. It's hard to beat the price, the hardware and electronics, but the design just looks cartoonish or something. I'm not trying to be negative, I think this thing is a rocket, but the promo materials don't seem that visually pleasing. I'll know after tomorrow anyway ....

lenny
06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
:iagree: It does not look right,
And half the time, Looks are what grab and sell you and then the mechanics.

Dont take me the wrong way....................I am a very positive boater and focus on the positive points 99% of the time, It is a very nice boat................has the same "clean" appearance inside as the MC does, kudo's there. Regardless of the photo angle, it doesnt flow well at all with the sexy contours of the rest of the hull...................it looks almost like a cardboard mock-up someone made themself to build a replacement canopy...................sorry for the tuff love. If the photo is correct, then it has completely vertical sides...............???

Once again though, very nice offering to the P mono class and it will surely bite into Impulse sales....................is the Hull a true 30" transom to tip?

MIGMaster
06-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I had a look at the Revolt yesterday at the local hobby shop.... I couldn't pull the trigger on it. Instead I added a MG to the my fleet, maybe down the road the looks of the revolt will grow on me.....

ron1950
06-11-2012, 08:30 PM
a my friends new revolt first time out of the box...gps at 43 just needs a little trimming.....used a cupped m445 and it was at 45 and still cool......http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1WpP3maLjyE

lenny
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Looked pretty fast,
But also it looked like it had some torque roll going on.
How wide is the transom on that boat ?
May be a three blade prop would help with that some.
Works on my Modded P1 35" KOS with that problem of torque roll.

Grimracer
06-12-2012, 09:59 AM
a my friends new revolt first time out of the box...gps at 43 just needs a little trimming.....used a cupped m445 and it was at 45 and still cool......http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1WpP3maLjyE

Looks like it needs a tick more tuning but for a first run, not to bad at all!

make sure that prop is very very sharp!

Grimracer

madness67203
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
what was your friend running for batteries and connectors?

hebner
06-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Battery was Hyperian 45C 4S1P 5000, all connectors 5.5

RCnerd
06-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Hello All,

I am an avid RCer (Cars/Trucks) but I just purchased my first RC boats (Motley Crew & Revolt 30). I take my life size speed boat to Lake Mohave, AZ all the time and each year I contemplate getting an RC boat. There are some big glassy coves that would be perfect! So this year I pulled the trigger. I am excited to see the difference in each of the boats and their handling characteristics.

I have a question in regards to Aquacrafts updated "Tech Notice" for the revolt. It states to sharpen all the hardware. Can you guys elaborate on this for me? I read the manual about sharpening the rudder with a file and sand paper but should I sharpen the fins also?

Since my boating will mostly consist of large glassy coves where would be a good starting point for the trim tabs and rudder on the Revolt?

I will be running 4S. Any mods that would be good to help with reliability? An OSE flex shaft (when available) seems like a common upgrade correct?

I will post my other questions for the Motley Crew under the proper section.

Thanks!!!!

Fast Eddie
06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Heh Grim...
I must say the revolt 30 is a winner. I put 2 7.4 5000mah and went super.. Would you believe I haven't even trimmed it and it kicked a traxxs to the side buy a boat length. All Stock but going to modify a little but great out of the box. The hull dug in on the turns but was running a little wet. Want to try a different prop on stock set up first what do you reccomend instead of the stock grim racer prop?

Fast Eddie
06-18-2012, 05:28 PM
The revolt 30 is :flammes-09: take it from me. 30 years racing boats and still loving it.

Nitros are turtles:Sinking:

max1x10tothe6th
06-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Hey Everyone. I am a big Rc enthusiast. though i was always into Rc cars in trucks because i grew up on a farm, i just recently started turning my gears towards boats. and for the price, i thought id give it a shot with the Revolt 30. i must say, i had a few hiccups (not sure if it was because of me or not) The motor coupler was loose, causing the whole drive shaft to the propellor to disengage while i was driving the boat. needless to say, the propellor and shaft sunk to the bottom of the pond as i waited patiently for the boat to float back while filling up with water. I contacted Aquacraft about this, and said it was probably due to the coupler being loose and slipping, which caused the shaft to fall out. i didnt think to check it before my first drive. They sent me replacement parts, and this time, i made sure it was tight. So far, its been a blast! i went out on my friends fishing boat at the break of dawn and we raced. i beat him pretty good, but i dont think im getting the full potential this boat can produce. my guess is that my revolt 30 is topping out around 30-35. just looking for a few pointers in what i can do to improve the performance, without risking the loss of a motor or esc to overheating. I have two Gens Ace 5000mah 40c 7.4V batteries.

But for sure, this boat looks and handles great. It has many different options, and in person, the Cowl doesnt look that bad. The pictures dont do it justice.

Other boat i was looking at was a Traxxas Spartan. But the abs Plastic really turned me off. and the fact taht you needed 6s to run it. (not to mention the expensive price tag) I never really was a fan of Traxxas to start off with, but thats just my opinion.

Anyone think of other ways to waterproof the cowl? taping it doesnt seem to be efficient, but maybe thats the best way?

Fast Eddie
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Just to let everyone know I have replaced the stock motor and put in a AMMO 36-56-2600kV and water jacket form OSE. Upgraded esc to a 120amp changed prop to x642 and it flies. GPS said 58 mph brought batteries toward front, trim tabs both even with hull and kicked the heck out of traxxs spartan. Hugged into the turns like it was made for it and flew down the straight away. Still needs some tweaking then watch out.. :laugh:

LOVE IT :tt2: see ya traxxs

Mike Caruso
07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
What's next ? 5.5 bullets & a visible side water outlet ?

Adding '5.5 bullets & a visible side water outlet' tonight got boat yesterday.
MC