PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy / Seaking 120 A - never ending nightmare

paultbg
05-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Hello all
I thing that I had the "luck" to buy the worst esc from its own lot.
Yesterday I was driving my boat at the local pond and after few minutes suddenly stopped in the middle of the water of course.
After fishing it back and going home, on close inspection i saw that the receiver was actually melt.
The receiver was waterproofed inside a balloon.Thinking that the receiver (flysky) was somehow faulty i have tested the esc bec with another receiver.:frusty:
Dumb me, because the second receiver died too.Only after that I have been smart enough to check the bec voltages.:doh:
Almost 20 V, the full voltage from the batteries (5S).I have post some pics too.
Now, I have contacted the seller (the esc has only 2,5 months and less then 10 runs).
I was advise to send back the esc to the uk seller and the seller will send it back to the producer for checking (in China i guess).
Of course that the seller is taking no responsibility on collateral damages (2 receivers).
Also I am worried about the well known customer services from China , not to mention how much time will take all the procedure.
Regards

jamespl
05-17-2012, 06:08 AM
You won't get any joy from turnigy I don't think. If I was you I would bin it, buy another esc and receiver. To be fair I use the t120 and t180 and think they are great. For the money you always take the gamble that if it's rubbish you won't get any backup plus the gt3b receivers are really cheap. Chuck and start again is my advice.

Basstronics
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Just buy a sbec and be done.

ron1950
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
have to agree...just start over....i use t120's in 5 boats and have never had a problem....face it u got a bad one sorry....get ya a sbec or a battery pack and take off the red wire from esc

LiPo Power
05-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Never mind sending it back.......
You will never get it back....
Been there done that....
T-120 has short history of faulty ESC BEC...
I have done exactly the same mistake with my 120amp esc....
Lost 2 receivers..... Same way you lost yours...
Using external or battery is the way to go....

paultbg
05-18-2012, 04:38 PM
I have sent back the esc to the seller yesterday and today I have received an email today to let me know that the esc have been check and find faulty.
Therefore I have been refunded in full.What can I say...there are also good sellers online.That's why I do prefer to buy from UK even most of the time is more expensive.
Now, i am only short with 2 rx.
Thanks guys foe you advices.From now on , the battery pack for the rx is the way.

jamespl
05-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Wow that's unbelievable really as with electrical stuff the seller doesn't know if you got it wet or anything. Fair play to him. I would have just chucked it. I personally still buy from china 80% of the time cos we get ripped off in the UK for everything. Only real great thing is the NHS.