PDA

View Full Version : Might want to start a new Fourm Topic!.. New from AquaCraft!

Grimracer
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBXEPSW&P=7

:buttrock:
Grimracer

dana
05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
I would say so! Nice grim!

Darin Jordan
05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Nice work, Mike!

If you guys want to see one in person, come to the Nats in LA!! I have a feeling one will be there... ;)

~Darin

Grimracer
05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys.. thanks Dmon!

Yea... i bet you are right about one of those showing up... Get ready.. this boat really hauls.. Turns like a rocket too!

Comes with brand new Grimracer 6061 hardware and a Grimracer 42X55 prop.. INSTALLED!

You can run any 4S combo you can dream up in the thing as well..

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim

ray schrauwen
05-15-2012, 03:54 PM
When can we see more pictures? Nice boat Grim.

siberianhusky
05-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Very Nice!

Grimracer
05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
When can we see more pictures? Nice boat Grim.

Thanks Ray..

I think.. "think" the AquaCraft website will be updated in the next day or so. I know they are building the last details on the site now.

All the hardware can be bought just like you buy your hardware now.. rudder asse.. got it.. just a blade.. got it.. strut asse.. got it... plates asse.. fins.. got it. Pricing on those goods will be not to bad eather!

Grimracer

Steven Vaccaro
05-15-2012, 04:54 PM
How about some real pictures????? :biggrin:

Grimracer
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
How about some real pictures????? :biggrin:

Lets see if this one helps.

Bullwink
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Nice Mike. Does it come RTR with a UL1 Motor?

ray schrauwen
05-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Nice and Beefy! Just the way I like it.

I bent a Speedmaster .21 rudder mount on my P-mono and they make that out of .125" Aluminum. This looks like 4mm or 5mm thick; very nice!

Let me know when those turn fins are available.

rc2266
05-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Let me guess, 30"?

RCKong
05-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Nice looking boat... P Mono racer right outta the box ? I'm anxious to see what you decided to power it with. It would be nice to see something different in the motor dept from AQ.

Stinger9D9
05-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Let me guess, 30"?

I'd imagine so, due to the name. It should be interesting seeing this one up against the Impulse 31. Love that hardware!

The amount of value Mike and AQ keeps packing into these new boats just keeps getting better and better.

I'd really love to build my own boat one of these years, but I have a self imposed limit of one new boat per year and AQ just keeps churning out great new boats year after year. SV27, UL-1, VS1 brushless, Motley Crew...and now this - I guess I know which boat is next. Building my own may have to have to wait for another year.

bdp1174
05-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Looks awesome just placed my order with Tower Hobbies.Any idea when they will be shipping?Tower says early june but not sure if that is correct.
Also I see there is a rx-r and rtr version are they both gonna ship around same time?
I went ahead and pre-ordered both for now.

detox
05-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Traxxas once came out with a new hull called the Revolt, BUT had to change the name to Spartan for some odd reason.

Stinger9D9
05-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Traxxas once came out with a new hull called the Revolt, BUT had to change the name to Spartan for some odd reason.

Aren't you thinking of the Titan?

detox
05-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Sorry about that. I think Revolt was one of the names somebody suggested on their site

Steven Vaccaro
05-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks!

longballlumber
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
I had a chance to race one of these hulls in our April 29th Club race... I raced it in both P-Limited Offshore (4 min) and P-Limited Mono (6 Lap Sprint) just by making a prop and battery change. This hull has HUGE potential. My hull has the 1800Kv motor, and I am 99.9% sure the production boat will come the same way.

While I have A LOT more tuning to do and props to test, the 1800Kv is the ticket in this thing! So far it’s handled any prop I have thrown at it in the 45mm range without any heat what so ever.

Racing at our club race, the boat wasn’t the fastest in the heats, but this boat turns so well out of the box, that I was able to have good finishes with a couple of heat wins by making the other boats pass me on the outside. Lots of fun, I can’t wait to get some more testing/tuning and some eagle tree data.

Here are a few pictures that I have. None are that great, but here you go…

Sorry guys... I can't seem to load pictures from work all of a sudden. The picture manager pops up but nothing showing the box.. I will keep trying.

Later,
Mike

Grimracer
05-16-2012, 12:48 PM

ray schrauwen
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Simple, clean and with spacious access. It gets better with every picture.

One small concern, the stuffing tube looks unsupported somewhat? Supported underneath most likely?

Grimracer
05-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Simple, clean and with spacious access. It gets better with every picture.

One small concern, the stuffing tube looks unsupported somewhat? Supported underneath most likely?

Ray.. Understand.. The Stuffing tube is quite short.. I did not make a support for it.. Having said this for anybody concerned let me know. And, its leaves the door open for Jan at Kintec (or other) to make a part for it! Lol

Thanks again for liken' the layout.. I have a ton of work into this boat and our hopes is that all who join in realy enjoy it!

Grim

ray schrauwen
05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
If you say it is no concern I will go with you on that. I will trust you on this one.

I have done a 29" mono the same way with no problems, still runs fine.

I'm just anal on details sometimes. Bad habit.

Grimracer
05-16-2012, 02:01 PM
If you say it is no concern I will go with you on that. I will trust you on this one.

I have done a 29" mono the same way with no problems, still runs fine.

I'm just anal on details sometimes. Bad habit.

Ray
Its always good to keep asking stuff like that. The more I think I know about this stuff the more I realize how little I know!

Thanks

Grim

Grimracer
05-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Just got a note the webpage is done and they are in the final stages.. looking good!

Grim

Grimracer
05-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Web page is live!

www.aquacraftmodels.com

Remember to also "like" us on Facebook!

REVOLT AND ROLL!

Grim

Darin Jordan
05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
All systems engaged!

dana
05-17-2012, 11:57 AM
They look awesome! I love how aquacraft does different colors. TheY perform too! Still love my ul1...-)

Grimracer
05-17-2012, 12:18 PM
All systems engaged!

Allways a ton of work aint it Darin!

thanks dana!.. and glad you are digging your UL-1.. I also happen to really like that scooter too!

Grimracer

Steven Vaccaro
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
http://youtu.be/D60xSIe0eek

Brushless55
05-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Oh baby!
I would love to run a out of the box P-Spec!
Very cool bro!

Doug Smock
05-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Mike it looks like you guys are continuing to use that crappy 60 amp ESC.:sarcasm1::just-kidding::wink::thumbup1:

Keep up the good work!!
D.

ray schrauwen
05-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Like the colours!

Never mind, I can read now. Nice quality.

stadiumyamaha
05-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Will two 4s 5000mah batts fit in the tub?

TheShaughnessy
05-17-2012, 11:53 PM
looks like they hit the ball out of the park to me. 4 trim schemes, a proven motor esc combo, and a perfect boat for multiple classes such as LSO, or p spec mono, or built up to run in p offshore or p mono.

reply to a comment about the nose looking like it will stuff.
As for the bow, seems like it has to do with aerodynamics there, not hydrodynamics. It didn't seem like it was gonna sub at any point during the vid. The bow should be up out of the water most the way anyhow right. I am no boat designer though so maybe someone from AQ can chime in.

. Here is an eagle tree chart of a 42x55 paired with the aq 1800 kv motor in a Vegas duece conversion
76705 The 100 amp spike is from my "start" I was practicing for oval so i pretended there was a mill but got to the line too soon so had to slow down and then gun it at 0. Well within the amp draw the combo is rated for the rest of the run. And less then 2000 mah after 2.5 min keeps it easy on the batteries.

I know most of this is repeat, but didn't see this tread till too late. A mod should move the one that just got started to this thread. Gets confusing when too many get started.

Brushless55
05-18-2012, 07:31 PM
I see early June..
is this going to be the date like first or second week into June so I can order one up and race it ASAP

BHChieftain
05-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi Grim,
Any plans for a version with a flood chamber? That seems like a slam dunk to me... (that might be the only redeeming quality of a mono... a flood chamber...)

Chief

stadiumyamaha
05-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Had to go ahead and order a blue one. Can't wait to stick the ul1 motor in it.

Rumdog
05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
It'll be faster with the stock motor and a prop upgrade than the UL-1 motor..

stadiumyamaha
05-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Possibly. With running 4s2p and a seaking 180 I may be able to get away with the same prop running slightly higher r's.

stadiumyamaha
05-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Stock it should be fun though. Just can leave anything alone.

Brushless55
05-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Possibly. With running 4s2p and a seaking 180 I may be able to get away with the same prop running slightly higher r's.

??
more weight with more rpms could spell "more heat" vs stock
but I'll try out my UL-1 motor and let ya know :rockon2:

stadiumyamaha
05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
No worries, tried and true set up for a mono of this size. Also would like to throw a cc1515 2200kv in it which I'm running in both my impulse and pursuit. They both rip with that set up.

Brushless55
05-19-2012, 10:58 PM
I've got a 4092 settin on the table that would look awesome in this hull!

Grimracer
05-24-2012, 02:52 PM
We have a new video coming out soon.. MAN.. wait tell you see it.. its very cool!

Anway.. i will let you know when it comes out..

Grim

G-UNIT
05-24-2012, 04:26 PM
I did'ent see a price tag on this boat, whats it going for?

Russ Williamson
05-24-2012, 04:36 PM
$299.99 R-xR (without rx and tx)
$349.99 with 2.4 transmitter and rx.

Thanks,
Russ

G-UNIT
05-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Will OSE carry these? and whats the going price? I don't see it on the web site.
Maybe the war dept will let me get one for a reward for quiting smoking, on day two with the patch yea!!!!

ray schrauwen
05-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Will OSE carry these? and whats the going price? I don't see it on the web site.
Maybe the war dept will let me get one for a reward for quiting smoking, on day two with the patch yea!!!!

Good luck on quitting the smokes. Very hard to do but, I did it 12 years ago and it's the best hing I've done for my health.

Just think, you will have better health, have more money, help destroy a psychotic corporation and you will smell better too!

turbonutt
05-25-2012, 09:13 AM

good luck on the quitting, I'm going on 2 1/2 years now, did it with the patch too.

my LHS put one on pre-order for me yesterday! Hopefully they are in soon!

Brushless55
05-25-2012, 10:01 AM
will ose carry these? and whats the going price? I don't see it on the web site.

yes!

Grimracer
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
http://aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub24-revolt30/index.html

Darin Jordan
05-29-2012, 12:00 PM

LANE INFRACTION!! :tt2:

That is some COOL VIDEO you guys have there! Nicely done!

Grimracer
05-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Yea.. Russ kept cutting me off! lol

that aught to drag him out of the wood work!

Thanks man.. that was a fun shoot!

Grim

JimClark
05-29-2012, 01:53 PM
I like the shots from the Helecopter

Nealkot
05-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Just called my LHS (Larry's in Sterling Hts. Michigan). They told me late June...

Brushless55
05-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Awesome!
did you guys use a Go-Pro on the Gaui X330?

Grimracer
05-29-2012, 05:03 PM

Yep.. it was a new HD go pro.. very nice over our old Go Pro.

I have friends that fly for Gaui and they are a super nice bunch of dudes..

The quad is really fun!

Grim

Brushless55
05-29-2012, 07:13 PM

Yep.. it was a new HD go pro.. very nice over our old Go Pro.

I have friends that fly for Gaui and they are a super nice bunch of dudes..

The quad is really fun!

Grim

cool stuff grim!
I have a T-Rex600 I'm setting up for AP work, and looking to get some sweet FE race videos up here in Colorado with it :biggrin:

Grimracer
05-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Just to qualify.. I have only ever run this on 4S.. (or P)

I have run it up to 48mph on the props WE sell.. BTY the L45X68 is not to bad on the boat..

Grim

Grimracer
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Also.. just so you all know.. IM QCing boats right now.. I see a few minior issues but not show stoppers.. back to work! Im also going to take some down to our test lake (Lake A) and shake em down.

Hang tight..

Hey.. everybody, like the new video?.. I hope so... I really dig it!

Remember to "Like Us" on Facebook!

Grimracer

Brushless55
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Wow, 48mph!
And what QC issues are you seeing ?
Thanks..

Grimracer
05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Our AquaCraft customers are the best so I’m going to lay this out for ya..

First.. all of the issues I’m talking about are being addressed with the MFG as we speak.

Number one.. I said before I was not all that happy with the thickness of the battery tray and im still not.. The tray works just fine but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number two.. The tape they used to hold the canopy in place for shipment leaves a residue on the paint. Goo Gone takes if off but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number three.. The hook and loop we are using to hold the Controller and the RX in place are not holding as well as I would like but.. Im picky and so are you.

Lastly.. The rudder blades water PU hole has not been drilled per my drawings and somehow changed from prototypes to production. IM NOT HAPPY about it but.. Im picky and so are you.

O yea.. the decals are not sticking as well as I would like either.. not sure if the paint is gassing off or the adhesive is just not doing its job as well as I would like.. again we are looking into it.

An official tech notice will be posted on the AQUA website in the next day or so.

Now.. we are shipping because all on the water testing was AWESOME and performance is NUTTS!.. Mechanically the boat is SOLID!

Just get one on the water and you will see what I mean!

Boats ARE SHIPPING TODAY!.. BTY.. shipment is SELLING VERY VERY FAST..

Thanks all!

Grimracer

electric
05-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow. Who else would give you such a straight forward answer to the QA process on their product? Usually those issues are kept from the consumer and between the distributor and the manufacturer. I am on the list and will look forward to checking it out when it arrives. Keep up the good work and clear communication.

electric
05-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Just checked my order at Tower..
AquaCraft Revolt 30 FE Mono RxR Blue/White 1 299.99 Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse

Looks like we have lift off...Need to intercept it at home before the wife sees it...

Brushless55
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Our AquaCraft customers are the best so I’m going to lay this out for ya..

First.. all of the issues I’m talking about are being addressed with the MFG as we speak.

Number one.. I said before I was not all that happy with the thickness of the battery tray and im still not.. The tray works just fine but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number two.. The tape they used to hold the canopy in place for shipment leaves a residue on the paint. Goo Gone takes if off but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number three.. The hook and loop we are using to hold the Controller and the RX in place are not holding as well as I would like but.. Im picky and so are you.

Lastly.. The rudder blades water PU hole has not been drilled per my drawings and somehow changed from prototypes to production. IM NOT HAPPY about it but.. Im picky and so are you.

O yea.. the decals are not sticking as well as I would like either.. not sure if the paint is gassing off or the adhesive is just not doing its job as well as I would like.. again we are looking into it.

An official tech notice will be posted on the AQUA website in the next day or so.

Now.. we are shipping because all on the water testing was AWESOME and performance is NUTTS!.. Mechanically the boat is SOLID!

Just get one on the water and you will see what I mean!

Boats ARE SHIPPING TODAY!.. BTY.. shipment is SELLING VERY VERY FAST..

Thanks all!

Grimracer

You are the man Grimracer!

Wow. Who else would give you such a straight forward answer to the QA process on their product? Usually those issues are kept from the consumer and between the distributor and the manufacturer. I am on the list and will look forward to checking it out when it arrives. Keep up the good work and clear communication.

helps us apreciate who is on the top of the food chain when it comes to RTR FE boats!
venom not even close, or traxxass for that matter
and sales come by word of mouth and so do lack of sales..
and this guy gets my sales and many friends I'm texting right now :biggrin:

Brushless55
05-30-2012, 08:45 PM
so how many have sold today?
and who all bought one?

bdp1174
05-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Just checked mine on tower
Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse

AquaCraft Revolt 30 FE Mono 2.4GHz Blue/White 1 349.99

SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
Current Charges (U.S. Dollars)
In-Stock Items: $299.99
Surface Shipment: Waived
Total Current Charges: $299.99

Thanks Grim,I look forward to my new boat.

ray schrauwen
05-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Too bad Tower Hobbies doesn't give free shipping to Canada. :cursing:

Not that I mind paying shipping but, the combination of shipping plus the taxes and handling charges, the thing is at least $400 landed, most likely more.

I'll wait until next year or maybe Great Hobbies will carry it, then I just pay a measely 13-15% tax on it.... jeepers and you guys down south think you have high taxes....

Rant over... Nice Boat!

ray schrauwen
05-30-2012, 09:30 PM
$349.00 at Great Hobbies. Sorry rant back again. I don't get it, why if the dollar is basically par do I have to pay an extra fifty bucks??

This is why Canadian retail is DONE! I guess I can ask my buddy to have one shipped to his USA ship too, I pay no taxes, no shipping, just pad his pocket with $20 bill and he is happy. The idiots at the border just changed the rules too so less people will shop in Canada again!!

Good for USA, bad for Canada, OY!

O.k. it's out of me now...:flashfire: :sorry:

Doby
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
You whine a lot......

ray schrauwen
05-30-2012, 09:47 PM
You whine a lot......

Goes with my Cheesey nature.

Brushless55
05-31-2012, 12:25 AM
$349.00 at Great Hobbies. Sorry rant back again. I don't get it, why if the dollar is basically par do I have to pay an extra fifty bucks??

This is why Canadian retail is DONE! I guess I can ask my buddy to have one shipped to his USA ship too, I pay no taxes, no shipping, just pad his pocket with $20 bill and he is happy. The idiots at the border just changed the rules too so less people will shop in Canada again!!
Good for USA, bad for Canada, OY!

O.k. it's out of me now...:flashfire: :sorry:

Dude that sucks!

turbonutt
05-31-2012, 07:58 AM
edit: got mine on order last week, hopefully will be in on Friday!:Praying:

Grimracer
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
so how many have sold today?
and who all bought one?

Im not allowed to talk numbers.. But I can say ALL OF THEM.. holy moly.. they are all sold.. If you missed one start calling HOBBY SHOPS.. they are the ones that snapped em up!.. they are out there! :rockon2:

Grimracer

Steven Vaccaro
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM
"Might want to start a new Fourm Topic!.. New from AquaCraft!"

Done

Russ Williamson
05-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Here is the tech notice that is on the Aquacraft Revolt 30 webpage.

Thanks,
Russ

electric
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
They totally missed it on that rudder inlet. I am sure that it is frustrating and you would also think the company that made the rudders would know better. Easy to fix though. I work for a third party logistics company and we handle a lot of QA work for our customers and you would not believe the crazy things that arrive at our warehouse.

Darin Jordan
05-31-2012, 03:27 PM
I just ordered MINE!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Hahahaha.... Just Kidding!!! :lol:

Looks like P-Ltd Mono and Offshore are going to get heated up!!

electric
05-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Darin, I would like to say you and Michael(Grimracer) have done a great job of being competitive yet good humored and complimentry towards each others products. Good to see that two people can compete, but not be antagonistic towards one another.

Russ Williamson
05-31-2012, 04:19 PM
No doubt, the attached pic is what we approved and was sent as a "production" rudder assembly. Good news is you still get cooling, especially when rounding the bouyies, but slotting it more to the leading edge as you know is better.
Thanks,
Russ

They totally missed it on that rudder inlet. I am sure that it is frustrating and you would also think the company that made the rudders would know better. Easy to fix though. I work for a third party logistics company and we handle a lot of QA work for our customers and you would not believe the crazy things that arrive at our warehouse.

Grimracer
05-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks Steven for setting this up.

D-mon... you know one of these days we are going to have to battle it out on the race cource.. right..

A Proboat/AquaCraft shootout.. to the winner:bowdown:.. to the looser...:nopity:.. to everybody:banana:

LETS PLAY TOY BOATS EVERYBODY.. and I mean that in the most adult way!

:rockon2:

Grim

littledvl
05-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Gave in last night and ordered one of these through tower :rockon2:

Grim, any props you would recommend I should get now, I know the 42x55 will be good enough for me, but it cant hurt to have a few to mess with.

d.a.v.e
06-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow still in stock at tower... Might have to pull the trigger?

G-UNIT
06-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the support guys and I want a revolt bad.
day ten and doing good.

Grimracer
06-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Im going to be pulling out tonight for a boat race (IMPBA DIST 4 in Kenosha WI) this weekend. I will try to catch up on what I can when i get back.

ROCKET and ROLL!

Grim

shannon87
06-01-2012, 09:05 PM
awesome work on the boat especially coming with a grimracer prop!!! and wicked vids grim definately on my list along with the motley crew i wonder how a t180 will squeeze in there but probably just go with a swordy 200 lol should fit in there nicely along with a leopard

bskinner
06-02-2012, 11:19 PM
This is Bill from Indy. stopped by HobbyTown USA North on Friday about 3:30 just to get some parts for my MG and they had TWO Revolt 30. One RTR in Blue and one PNP in Red. I grabbed the blue one headed to chech out. Manager said he just put those on shelf 30 min ago. My brother Jim ran mine This morning, called Hobby Town USA North to see if the PNP was still on shelf. we got to store around 3:00 this afternoon. He walked out with the red Revolt 30 and a receiver. Manager said we got first two in Indy. Gota say this boat is fast, handled read well in choppy water and 11 mph wind.

bskinner
06-04-2012, 10:37 PM
We both had a few prob. Most should be found when you go through it before first run. I found most of what grim racer pointed out. The biggest prob I had was the flix cable frayed on the motor end. I soldered the tip about an inch from end. Prob solved. Jim's lower bushing on his vert rudder shaft fell out before he got in water. We found it on my kit floor after his first run. He put it back in and ping it so it shouldn't fall out while in the pond. I'm trying to dial mine in. Grimracer said 48mph. I'm upper 30s so I need to find more speed. I do have it ridding more on top of the water, but not like I want.

madness67203
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Would this be a good second boat. I have a Spartan, and was wanting another boat or two. Have a pond in the backyard. I just don't know which one to get. I've been trying to decide betweeen the revolt, impulse 31, motley crew, and mystic.

Grimracer
06-07-2012, 03:40 PM
BINGO!

NO ANODIZING EATHER.. Sometimes we have to do it but NOT THE PARTS THAT COUNT!

This is REAL hardware!

Grim

madness67203
06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey Grim would changing the connectors on the esc and motor to the 5.5mm ones void any warranty?

Grimracer
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I vote no.. I put changing to 5.5s in the manual so we could all benift from it.

I know Russ will back me on it!

Change away!

Grim

Darin Jordan
06-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I vote no.. I put changing to 5.5s in the manual so we could all benift from it.

I know Russ will back me on it!

Change away!

Grim

SWEET MOVE, my friend!!

Now, if we could just get the "penny pinchers" to just let us do this as STANDARD equipment! ;)

Russ Williamson
06-08-2012, 11:08 AM
SWEET MOVE, my friend!!

Now, if we could just get the "penny pinchers" to just let us do this as STANDARD equipment! ;)

It is not the pennies; it is the market that wants the standard so they can plug-n-play with existing batteries, chargers, etc., that are currently available. Had it my way no plugs would be included and let everybody install what they like to use. No choice in this matter. Better to have something (as long as it is good) than nothing.

Thanks,
Russ

Russ Williamson
06-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey Grim would changing the connectors on the esc and motor to the 5.5mm ones void any warranty?

We would still honor the warranty as long as it is not pushed past its ratings. btw; we can tell when that is done:)

Thanks,
Russ

Steven Vaccaro
06-08-2012, 11:28 AM
We would still honor the warranty as long as it is not pushed past its ratings. btw; we can tell when that is done:)

Thanks,
Russ

Please expand on this?

electric
06-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Please expand on this?

Caught my attention too. I am guessing some datalogging is going on?

Darin Jordan
06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
It is not the pennies; it is the market that wants the standard so they can plug-n-play with existing batteries, chargers, etc., that are currently available. Had it my way no plugs would be included and let everybody install what they like to use. No choice in this matter. Better to have something (as long as it is good) than nothing.

Thanks,
Russ

Certainly... hence the EC3 battery leads on the "other" boats now... Apparently, this is a "standard" somewhere... :biggrin:

Anything to make it easier to get MORE people involved in boats is fine by me! Gotta grow this market!

turbonutt
06-08-2012, 06:54 PM
My lhs had there's back ordered :thumbdown:, any idea when another batch is coming in?

madness67203
06-08-2012, 07:11 PM
My local hobbytown USA has three instock. They also have about every boat of pro as well. LOL decissions, decissions!

CDN Racer
06-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Just picked up a Silver Revolt today at Great Hobbies,told the first one here in Ontario Canada what a beauty. (They have a red left) Can't wait to get it in the water tomorrow if the dang rain holds off !! A winner for sure.........

yoffer
06-09-2012, 04:30 AM
My LHS had 2 of them in stock when i was there shopping for another rtr. I ended up getting a sv27r because of the aftermarket support for parts and upgrades. I really wanted the Revolt but im laying off until its been on the market for a while.

Brushless55
06-09-2012, 10:28 AM
My LHS had 2 of them in stock when i was there shopping for another rtr. I ended up getting a sv27r because of the aftermarket support for parts and upgrades. I really wanted the Revolt but im laying off until its been on the market for a while.

IMO bad move..
the 27r is cool but his new hull is rockin and Grim has done his homework :rockon2:

CDN Racer
06-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Used some Orange cleaner and cleaned off the tape residue, dremeled out the water pickup. Went to the pond threw in a couple of GrimRacer 5000mha 2S 40C Lipo's into the new Revolt...........WOW...... does it move and perform ! Only complaint is the lousy decal on the hatch poorly installed, can't be fixed easily. But I can live with that for now.

Grim tell those folks at Aquacraft to fix that !!

TheShaughnessy
06-09-2012, 06:33 PM
The revolt comes with "aftermarket" parts and upgrades if you ask me. Everything about it has been on the market for a while really. Motor and esc combo is proven. AQ has been making boats for a while now, plenty of R & D went into the boat. Not necessarily a bad move as the SV27r is a good boat and a great place to start. I don't have a revolt but i did have the original sv27 and I'm willing to bet the revolt is going to offer more stability the the SV. I've done a lot of SV recoveries

skyword
06-09-2012, 10:56 PM
CDN Racer- I agree with you on the decal thing! I have purchased quite a few Park-flyer planes that have the decals placed very poorly! Wish they would just include the decal sheet with the product and let the consumer put them on. Would save a little money/time for the manufacturer also! Maybe they could pass the savings on by including a couple of decal variants that we could apply!
I did peel the two decals up on the front deck of my revolt and put them back down following the raised edge. Wasn't hard and looks a lot better now. just lift slowly and they come up without any goo left behind!

JJ

stadiumyamaha
06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I had to pull all the decals off mine because they would not lay down again after correcting. I can't think of another industry that you can get away with this sort of thing.
I know there is a huge difference in price point but it you bought a new motorcycle and the decals or paint was just slapped on it would not fly. We sell less expensive product that are of the same standards as our bikes. There's a saying in our industry that if a company doesn't care to make the thing that you can see well, what does the stuff that you can't see look like.
I have never seen this type of thing from proboat.

gryphon117
06-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Got mine and ran it over the weekend! Great boat and that thing turns on a dime! I agree on the decal problem and the tape residue as well. Boat ran really well and can't wait to try it with a couple of different props. Grim, any prop remommendations?

Grimracer
06-11-2012, 09:16 AM
The decals are for sure an issue we need to work on. Thanks for the feedback on that.

I like the L45X68 BUT.. please pay attention to run times.

Grim

littledvl
06-11-2012, 10:12 AM
The decals are for sure an issue we need to work on. Thanks for the feedback on that.

I like the L45X68 BUT.. please pay attention to run times.

Grim

I have a L45x68 on the way to me now, i also have a spare 120a marine esc im not using. Would it be beneficial to throw it on to help with the run times?

Diesel6401
06-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Lifter (and big one at that) on a mono, Crazy.

Lots of trimming to settle the back-end down and stop any cavatating Grim?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Grimracer
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Nope.. bolt and go!

ray schrauwen
06-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Nope.. bolt and go!

REally? I need to pick up a couple Grimm props man... 4255 and maybe this one too...

They are tough to balance, meaning the material is tough!!! Thats a good thing in the end!!!

ray schrauwen
06-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Since I grabbed one of these on sale prop work should go allot quicker. I also have a 3M paint mask to use with it.

Brushless55
06-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a x645 could be a hot prop on this one...

morati
06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Got mine yesterday. Did the rudder PU mod, removed the tape residue and tightened all the bolts on the transom. Put it in the water today for the first time on my first boat. Awesome handling boat! Seems a bit slow though, maybe 30'ish on 4S packs. How do I make it faster? Will the ESC accept a 5S pack?

ray schrauwen
06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Got mine yesterday. Did the rudder PU mod, removed the tape residue and tightened all the bolts on the transom. Put it in the water today for the first time on my first boat. Awesome handling boat! Seems a bit slow though, maybe 30'ish on 4S packs. How do I make it faster? Will the ESC accept a 5S pack?

If it came with a metal prop have you balanced & sharpened it? That will add a fair bit of speed.

What packs are you using?

morati
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Haven't sharpened or balanced the prop yet. Packs are 4S 5000mah 35C Venom. I'll be picking up some 65C Nano-techs in the near future though.

ray schrauwen
06-13-2012, 09:30 PM
You will see a difference between the Nano's and Venom cells. DOing the prop will also help greatly.

Pretty awesome you get a $22 metal prop in a RTR package.

morati
06-13-2012, 10:25 PM
You will see a difference between the Nano's and Venom cells. DOing the prop will also help greatly.

Pretty awesome you get a $22 metal prop in a RTR package.Yup this is a nice boat. Thanks for the advice Ray.

stadiumyamaha
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Tried several very well b&s props with 60c 4s2p batts. From the factory the strut is set neg and it's very tough to get it to neutral without the stuffing tube coming free. Which happened to me. Neg pitch causes it to run way to wet and at neutral it tends to prop walk with all but the smallest of props which result in low speeds.
I don't think it will do well at higher speeds anyway.
Also, it does stuff a lot. More that my impulse.

madness67203
06-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Tried several very well b&s props with 60c 4s2p batts. From the factory the strut is set neg and it's very tough to get it to neutral without the stuffing tube coming free. Which happened to me. Neg pitch causes it to run way to wet and at neutral it tends to prop walk with all but the smallest of props which result in low speeds.
I don't think it will do well at higher speeds anyway.
Also, it does stuff a lot. More that my impulse. so does the stuffing tube need trimmed and tweeked some? I'm really thinking about buying one of these boats.

stadiumyamaha
06-14-2012, 12:42 AM
No, just would not adjust to neutral without breaking the epoxy which holds it in place.

morati
06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
About to place an order for a balanced and sharpened X645. Since I am new to boats, does anyone here think this is a BAD idea for the Revolt?

electric
06-14-2012, 04:35 PM
About to place an order for a balanced and sharpened X645. Since I am new to boats, does anyone here think this is a BAD idea for the Revolt?
Yes. Not a good idea. Too much pitch. Try a x442. I have one of these boats and have a bunch of props and I am going to try some different ones this weekend. The x442 will give you a nice speed with reasonable run times. Why not try the one that Grim recommends earlier in the thread? L45X68 grim. I don't understand the Grim props as well as the Octura's but the L45x68 has it about 2.68" per rotation. That is quite a bit of pitch if my math is correct.

Hmm. You could try a M445. I do know that a M445 is about as much as you want in a SuperVee and then you have to watch the motor for heat and that is a slightly smaller boat. I am running a M445 in a hydro(same motor as in this boat) for a six lap race and am right on the edge for heat, so that should give you a practical "feel" for a good size.

morati
06-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes. Not a good idea. Too much pitch. Try a x442. I have one of these boats and have a bunch of props and I am going to try some different ones this weekend. The x442 will give you a nice speed with reasonable run times and speed. Why not try the one that Grim recommends earlier in the thread? L45X68 grim.Thanks, I'm new so I don't know how to sharpen the prop yet. I was hoping I could purchase one pre-sharpened and balanced so I would see how its done. I'll look for the X442.....

RCnerd
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Hello All,

I am an avid RCer (Cars/Trucks) but I just purchased my first RC boats (Motley Crew & Revolt 30). I take my life size speed boat to Lake Mohave, AZ all the time and each year I contemplate getting an RC boat. There are some big glassy coves that would be perfect! So this year I pulled the trigger. I am excited to see the difference in each of the boats and their handling characteristics.

I have a question in regards to Aquacrafts updated "Tech Notice" for the revolt. It states to sharpen all the hardware. Can you guys elaborate on this for me? I read the manual about sharpening the rudder with a file and sand paper but should I sharpen the fins also?

Since my boating will mostly consist of large glassy coves where would be a good starting point for the trim tabs and rudder on the Revolt?

I will be running 4S. Any mods that would be good to help with reliability? An OSE flex shaft (when available) seems like a common upgrade correct?

I will post my other questions for the Motley Crew under the proper section.

Thanks!!!!

ray schrauwen
06-14-2012, 07:22 PM
The best mods for rtr boats are props, props, props.

Yes, sharpening the leading edges of the hardware will reduce drag; turn fins, rudder and PROP!!

The time spent learning to sharpen & balance props is very rewarding.

Grim props are closer to balance from factory but, they are harder material.

Replace the drive shaft when it breaks if it breaks. RTR such as revolt have pretty good quality stuff there and a new flex cable will not add much speed.
Take out the stock cable put the stub in your drill and get some 320, 400, & 600 emery paper and sand away! starting with the coarse moving up to finest. Remember to clean it out very well with WD40 & a dash of motor cleaner to finish. Try not to remove much where the coupler grips the cable.

Many mods, little money, just time, makes you go faster too.

RCnerd
06-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the info!!

detox
06-15-2012, 09:42 PM
The instruction booklet that comes with the boat is the best. Especially the section telling not to discharge lipos down past 70% capacity. Verygood job! I just wish the LVC was just as good.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/aqu/aqub24-25-manual.pdf

littledvl
06-16-2012, 12:22 AM
I tried the L45x68 prop on my revolt today, couldnt tell much of a difference just running by myself, the boat handled like crap and chime walked terrible at anything more then half throttle.

On the stock setup I was able to pull away from my buddy with a MG, today running with him on the new prop, he was able to catch me and walk right past me with no issues.

Going to try again tomorrow, if it does the same I and going back to the 42x55 and order a m445 to try.

electric
06-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Good to know. Did you sharpen and balance the prop or just put it on? I am going to try the stock, l45x68 and the m445 today and will let you know. I have like 5 different boats I am running today with my club so not positive I will get to all that, but will try.

I tried the L45x68 prop on my revolt today, couldnt tell much of a difference just running by myself, the boat handled like crap and chime walked terrible at anything more then half throttle.

On the stock setup I was able to pull away from my buddy with a MG, today running with him on the new prop, he was able to catch me and walk right past me with no issues.

Going to try again tomorrow, if it does the same I and going back to the 42x55 and order a m445 to try.

littledvl
06-16-2012, 09:30 AM
No, didnt get a chance to sharpen it, its just out of the box, i thought i remember Grim saying to just bolt it on and its good to go. After today ill get it balanced and sharpened aswell as the stock prop.

If you get to try out some props, definitely put up some results, im thinking the m445 will be a better choice.

stadiumyamaha
06-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Try the m series but with the x445 the thing prop walked horribly. I'll try the m as well but don't think it will make much of a dif. My s&b l props don't seem to do much better. It's pretty much a very slow boat.
Keep in mind that I'm running mine pretty loose now because it was running way wet stock. If you decide to adjust the strut be careful, the stuffing tube come unglued very easily do to poor assembly and materials.

madness67203
06-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Try the m series but with the x445 the thing prop walked horribly. I'll try the m as well but don't think it will make much of a dif. My s&b l props don't seem to do much better. It's pretty much a very slow boat.
Keep in mind that I'm running mine pretty loose now because it was running way wet stock. If you decide to adjust the strut be careful, the stuffing tube come unglued very easily do to poor assembly and materials.
I wonder if Grim would post some pics of his 4s 48mph setup for us to checkout. It looks pretty quick in the videos he made.

Fluid
06-16-2012, 11:41 PM
...I have like 5 different boats I am running today with my club so not positive I will get to all that, but will try.The whole club was most impressed with the appearance and performance of Jim's new Revolt. Very good speeds, great handling and cool looks. What a wonderful upgrade AquaCraft has from the ubiquitous SV27...

electric
06-17-2012, 09:00 AM
The whole club was most impressed with the appearance and performance of Jim's new Revolt. Very good speeds, great handling and cool looks. What a wonderful upgrade AquaCraft has from the ubiquitous SV27...

The M445 seems like a very good prop for this boat. GPS's shows 39.4mph, but really I think there is a lot more in the boat because the prop was a bit beat up and the temps came back good. One member suggested I raise the stinger to get the hull to sit lower into the water(I think I described that correctly), but really the boat is a great set up (as Jay said) and handles very well. I might also add everyone was very impressed with the level of hardware used at the price point. Looking forward to playing more with the boat. Jim

RCnerd
06-18-2012, 11:36 AM
I finally got to run my Revolt yesterday. I am new to RC boats but not RC. Overall I was impressed and had a good time. My only complaint is the broken motor coupler and flex drive. I got to go through one battery (about 6 minutes) and on the second one about half way through it broke. I was a little disappointed but it gives me an excuse to upgrade the drive train on the boat.

I am supposed to get my Motley Crew in the mail today and I already ordered an upgraded flex drive but I mine as well make that one bullet proof also. I would definitely rather be proactive rather than wait for things to break. With that being said, what would you guys recommend for a bullet proof drive train on these boats?

Thanks!

Fluid
06-18-2012, 11:56 AM
A quality 0.150 cable from OSE and an Octura flex hex coupler are standard upgrades. I changed my MC over to 0.187" cable - but I test it with stronger motors on occasion so I need the larger cable. For the stock limited motors the 0.150" cable is just fine.

Oh, I don't run teflon in the stuffing tubes either - another thing to break/wear out. Use brass tubing a size smaller than stock - for 0.187" cable it's 1/4" OD tubing. You have to lube the cable anyway, might as well eliminate a potential for damage. In decades of running without teflon I've yet to wear out a brass stuffing tube...

RCnerd
06-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks Fluid! I appreciate it.

ray schrauwen
06-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I finally got to run my Revolt yesterday. I am new to RC boats but not RC. Overall I was impressed and had a good time. My only complaint is the broken motor coupler and flex drive. I got to go through one battery (about 6 minutes) and on the second one about half way through it broke. I was a little disappointed but it gives me an excuse to upgrade the drive train on the boat.

I am supposed to get my Motley Crew in the mail today and I already ordered an upgraded flex drive but I mine as well make that one bullet proof also. I would definitely rather be proactive rather than wait for things to break. With that being said, what would you guys recommend for a bullet proof drive train on these boats?

Thanks!

Did you re-grease after 6 minutes? If not I suggest you do or other cables will only last a bit longer if not enough lube. I know from experience if it came pre-lubed, it wasn't enough.
My experience with a SV27, and UL1. minimal low end grease from factory.

Of course thats all mute if you loaded it with lube yourself after every 4- 6min run time.

Grimm needs to invent an auto oiler for those that like the really long run times.

RCnerd
06-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Did you re-grease after 6 minutes? If not I suggest you do or other cables will only last a bit longer if not enough lube. I know from experience if it came pre-lubed, it wasn't enough.
My experience with a SV27, and UL1. minimal low end grease from factory.

Of course thats all mute if you loaded it with lube yourself after evet 4- 6min run time.

Grimm needs to invent an auto oiler for those that like the really long run times.

I actually took it all apart before I ran it and greased it. There was barely any grease in it at all when I took it apart!!!!

ray schrauwen
06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Now thats a poor cable then, wow.

sturco
06-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Here we go again........so what is the updated cable ? I don't find it listed anywhere as a reference ?

madness67203
06-18-2012, 12:16 PM
I ran mine yesterday for a timed 4mins. The batteries took 3300mah to top back off. The strut bushing slid out of the strut. I don't know of its suppose to do that or not. Any idea fellas?

stadiumyamaha
06-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I bought a upgraded ul1 cable and cut it down to the right length. Works great and is of much higher quality. I learned my lesson with aquacraft drive systems a long time ago.
The stock one has hardly any flex to it at all and had a kink in it from the factory.

sturco
06-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Did you have to cut off the collet end ? Approx how much ?
Thanks for the help,
Steve

RCnerd
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I bought a upgraded ul1 cable and cut it down to the right length. Works great and is of much higher quality. I learned my lesson with aquacraft drive systems a long time ago.
The stock one has hardly any flex to it at all and had a kink in it from the factory.

Ya I am definitely learning about Aquacraft's drive systems! I am not going to waste my time and wait till this stuff breaks. I am taking both my Motely Crew and and My Revolt apart to make them as bullet proof as possible. I would rather spend the time adjusting the boat to make it handle great than replacing cheap parts. With that being said, I really do like both boats and understand that this kind of stuff is to be expected when you buy a RTR boat.

So what would you guys recommend for the drive train? Please give your advice if you will.
-OSE Flex Cable (Steven from OSE said he is working on a new one for the Revolt and it will hopefully be ready this week)
-Octura Motor Coupler

What else would you recomend? Is there an aftermarket Strut bushing (If necessary)?

Brushless55
06-18-2012, 02:07 PM
A quality 0.150 cable from OSE and an Octura flex hex coupler are standard upgrades. I changed my MC over to 0.187" cable - but I test it with stronger motors on occasion so I need the larger cable. For the stock limited motors the 0.150" cable is just fine.

Oh, I don't run teflon in the stuffing tubes either - another thing to break/wear out. Use brass tubing a size smaller than stock - for 0.187" cable it's 1/4" OD tubing. You have to lube the cable anyway, might as well eliminate a potential for damage. In decades of running without teflon I've yet to wear out a brass stuffing tube...

I'm going to give that a try Jay..

stadiumyamaha
06-18-2012, 02:12 PM
I just measured the new flex from the front of the drive dog to the collet end of the flex then cut it with a cut off wheel and tinned it. Works great.

stadiumyamaha
06-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I agree with not running a liner and do the same with my non rtr boats but for most folks a upgraded flex will work without having to replace the tube.

electric
06-18-2012, 07:43 PM
I ran mine yesterday for a timed 4mins. The batteries took 3300mah to top back off. The strut bushing slid out of the strut. I don't know of its suppose to do that or not. Any idea fellas?
Yes,the brass bushing is suppose to "float" in and out and around. Just make sure you have gap 1/8" or so between the prop and the strut and you are fine.

NissanGTR
06-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Aquacraft needs to get their sub par flex cable problem sorted out ASAP!

To people like us it's no big deal. The stock one is crap so we buy a better one from OFE.

What about the other 99% of people that don't go onto forums. What about all the other people that buy this boat put it in the water and the flex shaft breaks on them.
These people don't have time to do hours of due diligence on the web. They just paid good money for a boat that broke just feet from their dock. They want to buy a RTR boat and have it run without problems. They will jump ship FAST if these problems keep up.

Not good for AQ in the long run.

They need to fix the flex shaft issue's NOW.

Especially since Pro boat seems to be stepping up. Have you seen their new website? It looks gorgeous! AQ needs to get their SH*T together fast.

turbonutt
06-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Aquacraft needs to get their sub par flex cable problem sorted out ASAP! To people like us it's no big deal. The stock one is crap so we buy a better one from OFE. What about the other 99% of people that don't go onto forums. What about all the other people that buy this boat put it in the water and the flex shaft breaks on them.These people don't have time to do hours of due diligence on the web. They just paid good money for a boat that broke just feet from their dock. They want to buy a RTR boat and have it run without problems. They will jump ship FAST if these problems keep up. Not good for AQ in the long run.They need to fix the flex shaft issue's NOW. Especially since Pro boat seems to be stepping up. Have you seen their new website? It looks gorgeous! AQ needs to get their SH*T together fast.Not just an aq issue. I just picked up an impulse since me revolt got back ordered and the flex cable snapped the first time out, and the wires on the stock electronics are pretty wimpy. I think all rtr's have their issues, same as cars and trucks.

Brushless55
06-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Aquacraft needs to get their sub par flex cable problem sorted out ASAP!

To people like us it's no big deal. The stock one is crap so we buy a better one from OFE.

What about the other 99% of people that don't go onto forums. What about all the other people that buy this boat put it in the water and the flex shaft breaks on them.
These people don't have time to do hours of due diligence on the web. They just paid good money for a boat that broke just feet from their dock. They want to buy a RTR boat and have it run without problems. They will jump ship FAST if these problems keep up.

Not good for AQ in the long run.

They need to fix the flex shaft issue's NOW.

Especially since Pro boat seems to be stepping up. Have you seen their new website? It looks gorgeous! AQ needs to get their SH*T together fast.

LOL
soooo, once again this is about your MC not the Revolt right?
many are having great results on the stock flex shafts including me..
and it's not just me who thinks this but many who believe that AQ has got there stuff together!:tiphat:

Steven Vaccaro
06-19-2012, 10:48 PM
The boat I played with had lots of movement in the mount because of the rubber mounting pads. I didnt get to read all the posts, but one thing I would suggest is adding a wedge under the motor to stop it from bouncing.

flyingjunky
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I switched all of mine out and just got a chance to run it. My opinion is that it makes a difference. I added 5mm thrust bearing, flex cable from OSE with a shorter shaft, better bushing,
3mm water lines, and a 5mm octura collet. Just have to switch out the connectors to 5.5 bullets when they get here. No chine walk at all running two 2c 5000mah 40c side by side.
Thanks,Eric

RCnerd
06-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I switched all of mine out and just got a chance to run it. My opinion is that it makes a difference. I added 5mm thrust bearing, flex cable from OSE with a shorter shaft, better bushing,
3mm water lines, and a 5mm octura collet. Just have to switch out the connectors to 5.5 bullets when they get here. No chine walk at all running two 2c 5000mah 40c side by side.
Thanks,Eric

Flyingjunky,

Did you have to change out all of your fittings to move to 3mm water lines?

flyingjunky
06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
No,
I just hit the back with my dremmel to open it up just a tad. Not much but just enough to get it through. Only thing is it does not flow as fast as the stock lines did. I have read so many confliting stories on that subect and not sure what to go by. if anyone knows let me know. The water does come out and even at a moderate speed it still runs, just not as free flowing as with the stock tubing. One would think that with a thicker wall (3mm) the water can not travel as fast as with the stock line so I am guessing it's ok. Temp was good after both runs. I also added an inline cooler between the esc and motor.
Thanks,Eric

electric
07-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Just to qualify.. I have only ever run this on 4S.. (or P)

I have run it up to 48mph on the props WE sell.. BTY the L45X68 is not to bad on the boat..

Grim
Quick question. I bought the prop you recommended here, but I am wondering whether it is "too much". If I do the math this prop would have a pitch of 2.68". A m447 has a pitch of like 2.59" or so. Is my math wrong? I am just checking to see if this prop will work or if it will just "pop" my esc? Your thoughts?