PDA

View Full Version : Futaba 4PL Need Help

mtbenjamin77
05-13-2012, 07:29 PM
I have a 4PL that I bought new less than 30 days ago. It worked fine then all of the sudden I started having range issues the and fail safe not working and now it won't even power up a servo, sometimes. First time I had an issue I had the throttle wide open but the boat was running half, then it just outta now where hit full. then it started a turn and I let go of all controls but the model kept running at half throttle and turning. not fail safe I have fail safe set to cut throttle. There are so many intermittent problems I can't begin to explain. I replaced the rx with a brand new but still have the same issues. When I power everything up the light comes on green on the RX then I turn the wheel back a forth and the light flashes red green. Then the servo starts moving really slow and then finally just stops all together. I've tried to re-bind, checked all battery voltage (using rx batt for testing). In all the years of rc, over 20, I have never had any problem like this. I've tried seting up a new model but that doesn't change anything I've tried changing the Rx type from S-FHSS to FHSS with no luck. If it was a consistant problem then I could see where It might be some setting on the radio but it's intermittent. I'm begining to think maybe I got a lemon radio. If anyone can offer any suggestions please do.