PDA

View Full Version : Vibration, taking in water?

alvinm
05-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I've been running this new boat for about a week now with no issues except for the shaft coming apart (I guess theres a reason it comes with a spare:laugh:) While lubing the shaft, I put a tiny kink in it at the coupler end, which also ovaled the hole in the rubber boot. It now has a little vibration and its taking in a small amount of water. Was wondering if that boot was the cause of the water getting in. or could it be the servo rod boot? Do they sell the boot by itself?

alvinm
05-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow, not too much traffic here... I ended up replacing the boot and used a small rubber automotive vacuum hose cap and made a tiny hole through it. No more flooded hull.:thumbup:

ryin
06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
The little rubber boot does help keeping water out of the hull, also make sure the stuffing tub is full of grease which will also help keep water out. I had a mini rio and there was always water getting in. I believe the kink would cause the vibration issues you have.

alvinm
06-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I was able to straighten out the shaft to the point where its barely noticable. Its running fine now; just need to do some tuning as far as handling. It has a tendency to spin out at slower speeds. I'll be ordering a prop soon too.

3b3b
07-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Wow, not too much traffic here... I ended up replacing the boot and used a small rubber automotive vacuum hose cap and made a tiny hole through it. No more flooded hull.:thumbup:

Possible you can take a picture or link to the vacuum hose? I have the same problem of water coming in. I've bath tub test, double taped hatch, lubed tube... but still taking in water. When taking out the drain stub, I get about 3-4 second of water coming out.

alvinm
07-18-2012, 08:06 PM
I picked up an assorted pack of the caps a Advance Auto Parts. I'll take a picture and post it.