PDA

View Full Version : Yo, Uncle Cracker!!!

Doug Smock
05-02-2008, 06:52 PM
yo Smock...

i'm building a cracker box...

i'm calling you out bubba... Smoke's Vac-U-Cracker vs Uncle Cracker's "JAM BOX"

you pick the course and race details :)

Ron

T-Mono record holder "Capital One" records 87.108 mph pass at Blue Lake

:w00t: I didn't want this to get lost!!!

It's right here when your ready Mr. Cracker:banana:

Smock

Jeepers
05-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Ok, the boats are picked, and the course is set.

SO..... what are the terms?????????:bounce:

Doug Smock
05-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Well I'm not sure Jeepers.
Uncle Cracker is a retired Marine.:patriot: I don't want to race for money because I just wouldn't feel right taking it from him.
I'm also thinking we should do a five heat race for points to even things up a bit. Chances are, in five heats of racing I'm bound to make a mistake (be wrong side up) in at least one of them, giving Mr. Cracker a chance.This would also eliminate the "you just got lucky" crap I can almost hear already. :bounce:
He seems pretty confident, I think making him:crying: like a little girl would be winnings enough for me.:biggrin:

What do you think, do you feel lucky, Unc?? LOL

Smock

TeamFubarRacing
05-02-2008, 10:28 PM
What do you think, do you feel lucky, Unc?? LOL

Smock

FISH ON :banana:

Smoke, Smock, Smack whatever you go by these days...

keep talking while i reel you in youngster :rockon2:

Uncle Cracker

TeamFubarRacing
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Boats... Seaducer's new "Cracker Box"
[Smoke's "Cracker" Gas Powered] [Uncle Cracker's "Jam Box" Electric Powered]
Location... Sanford, Florida
Date... Oct. 24th
Heats... Three [6 laps each-1 lap mill]
Prize... Bragging Rights

we ok so far Smoke? :iagree:

UC

Doug Smock
05-03-2008, 07:52 AM
FISH ON :banana:

Smoke, Smock, Smack whatever you go by these days...

Uncle Cracker

Well, after the race, you can call me "sir,":banana: :bounce:

I never thought I'd be one to race gas against electric. I feel dirty.:spy:

Smock

Doug Smock
05-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Boats... Seaducer's new "Cracker Box"
[Smoke's "Cracker" Gas Powered] [Uncle Cracker's "Jam Box" Electric Powered]
Location... Sanford, Florida
Date... Oct. 24th
Heats... Three [6 laps each-1 lap mill]
Prize... Bragging Rights

we ok so far Smoke? :iagree:

UC

:iagree:

This should be fun!!

Hey, check out my speed control.

Smock

Flying Scotsman
05-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I love it...boys will be boys.....I think that Doug will hdgdydudj ppdsrtyt and Ron will utyebbjj dsgfsrtt after a few brews.

Your Northern cousin and please note we are a civil lot up here. Not like you trash talking Southerners LOL

Raydee
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Man I hate to say it but unless the Marine vet is running 5s with that big FE motor I think the FE has the advantage ;)

Jeepers
05-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Man I hate to say it but unless the Marine vet is running 5s with that big FE motor I think the FE has the advantage ;)

I agree,
how about someone from their club prepares two identical boats for the first race, and for the next few heats the only tweaks allowed are propeller work done by the driver, so the race comes down to driving skill and knowledge of props!!!

TeamFubarRacing
05-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Ray,

these are huge hulls... long, wide, and deep

about the size of the tailgate on your pick-up :unsure:

i'll be running a 2215 1.5Y/F BAM on [8s-2p] in my "JAM BOX" hardly a ringer against a full mod Z26...

i emagine HP [output] wise the two boats will be very close...

Doug is going to be in town that weekend helping us put on a IROC style rc boat race and we're doing this side race thing for fun...

Fair :confused2:

i need an edge :help: against a young whizz kid what calls himself... Smoke

UC

Doug Smock
05-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Man, it's been a few years since I've been called young!!!
Wizzz kid?? Sorry, I didn't know you could hear me.:rofl:

So, I finally found something good about hangin around old farts.;)

Smock

Doug Smock
05-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree,
how about someone from their club prepares two identical boats for the first race, and for the next few heats the only tweaks allowed are propeller work done by the driver, so the race comes down to driving skill and knowledge of props!!!

Driving skill is what I'm counting on. Not that Mr. Cracker can't drive, but I'm at the pond one day almost every weekend year round. Hopefully that will give me the advantage.:banana:

Man, a Zenoah inline 260 pro mod is $1200.00.:eek: Any body what to help me out with that??? I'll give you a honorable mention!! How bout we half the cost and I'll send you one of the motors when I'm done wearing out the old timer. :roflol:
I'll just have to do it with what I have.:tt2:

Smoke

Raydee
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Ouch those are fighting words. I never liked running cracker boxes...it required to much skill and throttle management to drive ;)

Doug what mod zens are you looking at?

Doug Smock
05-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Just for giggles I looked at the Redline 2 x 260 inlines. Man I could turn a wheel with one of those!!!:rockon2:
I was going to build a gas cracker box to race with the club anyway. Uncle Cracker just threw some more wood on the fire.LOL
I'll probably just get a stock 260 and have the Pres. of the club mod it for me, he has some FAST boats.
I've had the wheel on a C-box one time , that's one more than you know who, so this should prove to be pretty interesting.:w00t:

On another note, I put a SV 27 power system in a Vac-U-Pickle and with the ESC right in front of the motor, we have plenty of room to play with CG.
We'll get some video to post tomorrow.

Doug

Raydee
05-03-2008, 10:25 PM
On another note, I put a SV 27 power system in a Vac-U-Pickle and with the ESC right in front of the motor, we have plenty of room to play with CG.
We'll get some video to post tomorrow.

Doug

Awesome, let me know what you honestly think of it with that power system compared to the 8XL.

BTW I had Redline motors b4 and they are pretty good for the money. If you want some serious power try a M&D or CC racing motor, you will be impressed.

Doug Smock
05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Awesome, let me know what you honestly think of it with that power system compared to the 8XL.

BTW I had Redline motors b4 and they are pretty good for the money. If you want some serious power try a M&D or CC racing motor, you will be impressed.

I just had a rod bearing come apart and get sucked up on top of the piston in a CC engine. The poor thing beat it's self to death, but it was screaming before it puked. LOL

Doug

TeamFubarRacing
05-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Smock you just keep going on and on about your advantage in this and your advantage in that, you trying to convince the readers or yourself?

there's five months till the event at Seminole Town Center are we gonna have to listen to this crap for five months? :tape:

when i get my hull from Jerry and start the build, i'll post pics along the way...

hell, i may even do a practice lap or two before we toss in at Sanford :cool2:

nuff said :zip-up:

UC

Doug Smock
05-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Smock you just keep going on and on about your advantage in this and your advantage in that, you trying to convince the readers or yourself?

UC

You actually!!:sneaky2:
By the way, I only spoke of my possible advantage in "this".:tt2:

See ya in Sanford!

Smock :tape:

PS I need to borrow some money.:spy: