PDA

View Full Version : sleeping etti ???

canjohn
05-07-2012, 06:02 PM
need some advice please.i took my shovelnose down from winter storage,charged batteries(18 nimh 5000ma),plugged everything in,no go!! the boat ran great last run,last fall,batteries removed and boat stored warm and dry.while plugging-in the batteries,i get the spark(caps charging),but no chirp,ding ,buzz or any noise or action.the radio works ok,even tried a different radio,nothing!!the red led comes on in the esc,but that`s it.the esc is an "etti" 150 amp,6-30 volt,no bec,and looks to be intact,no hot spots no discolouration,and looks to be completely sealed in epoxy(?).is there a "sleep"mode for these escs??? thanks......john

m4a1usr
05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
I guess that begs the question, did you try using a fully charged Rx pack? Was it plugged in to the Rx correctly? I never heard of a speedo going bad because it wasnt being used? Anything happen at the end of last season when you put things away?

John

canjohn
05-08-2012, 06:02 AM
the rx is on a bec unit,also tried a rx pack.steering servo works fine.i checked my notes from last fall,hydro ran great last run.this is very puzzling.

m4a1usr
05-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Any chance you another speed controller you could put in the Etti's place just to make sure there isnt some some of connector issue?

John