PDA

View Full Version : This is one slow forum

xlandguy
05-07-2012, 08:50 AM
I am very suprised at how little activity on these boards. I guess everyone is out running huh? I am new to this aspect of the hobby. I have however read some great advice here. only 1 view to posts made 4 days ago, that is slow!

dana
05-07-2012, 09:33 AM
This forum can get slow sometimes; and sometimes it's mobbed. Usually during the spring, people are outside more, so it gets slow.

floatn turd
05-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Sub-forms= is where questions come to die.

If you want a fast answer to your questions, post them in the "Fast Electric Rc Boating Questions and Answers" form. But here is the key, Be vague about the make of your boat and never say who makes it, no matter how small your question is. Cause if you mention "Aquacraft or Motley Crew or MC. The all powerful and all knowing moderators will ship it off here, to wither and die. Where it might take a week to get an answer here, instead of 5mins in the other. I have had it happen many times and it is very frustrating. Don't dare offend the "Axis" with a misplaced question.

Keep track of who has MC's and PM your questions directly to them, you will get some help faster.
I have one, you can PM me anytime.

Mr.T

xlandguy
05-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey, thanks alot, it is appreciated. Lol about not mentioning the name of your boat. I am getting my MC tomorrow and I'm pretty excited. Perfect lake/pond for running right across the road from my house. I would love to make a trailer so I can tow my boat and gear down to the lake with my Summit. It has plenty of power to haul the boat and everything else.

floatn turd
05-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Its all good, PM with any questions, and good luck with the trailer, might be a lot of work to make one for a cat, and if you "dump it" on the way to the lake from behind yr Summit, your going to kick yourself in the ass for scratching it up. :doh:

have fun with the MC.

Mr. T

xlandguy
05-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Ya, I'm thinking more along the lines of a flatbed type trailer, secure the boat with straps, and have room for extra gear too. Won't be a "real" or scale boat trailer, but hopefully will be useful.

floatn turd
05-07-2012, 07:32 PM
O, Got it,

I use this thing. To haul my crap around, works like a champ.

Make-a-Wake
05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
I am very suprised at how little activity on these boards. I guess everyone is out running huh? I am new to this aspect of the hobby. I have however read some great advice here. only 1 view to posts made 4 days ago, that is slow!

The view tally is screwed up again.....................there are lots of views on each and every thread. This happened before and they had to sort it out.

siberianhusky
05-08-2012, 07:32 AM
I just haven't run mine yet this year, built another cat over the winter and have been having too much fun with my first SAW oriented boat. I haven't run any other boat yet come to think of it. LOL put spikes of 109 amps through a UL-1 motor and esc on sunday, amps leveled out at about 75 during the run. Made about 15 passes no smoke. Caps were fairly warm but not really what I'd call hot.

pavmentsurfer
05-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I was in Myrtle Beach this past week on holidays, the LHS there had 3 MC's in stock. I had brought mine down with me and ran it 2-4 times a day in the pond at the camp ground we were staying at. Literally had 10-15 spectators minimum watching each run. No pressure right.

The MC is my favourite boat so far. Only owned 5 but I like it the best. Ill be keeping it for sure. I also thought about a trailer to tow behind my summit. I think with the right setup it could be very stable and look sweet. I was thinking stock aluminum with some foam... but that will likely be a project for a long cold winter.