PDA

View Full Version : strut help

100 mph jet boat
05-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi guys!!! I just got my imp.31 :rockon2: and have a quistion.

the strut and the stuffing tube are off center is the normal on these boat??? the stuffing tube is to the left side of keel

I will try to post a pic when i get home.

tlandauer
05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
You mean when you look at the transom the stuffing tube is off set to the starboard side----this is normal, it is to counter the torque generated by the prop. Since the prop is rotating counter clockwise ( view from looking at the transom) the boat tends to list to the starboardside ( going full steam ). Some boats are set up so the battery is mounted on the port side, for this very reason. For the latter set up the boat actually leans to the portside when stationary, it only gets balanced when the boat is moving under power where there is a torque present.
I am sure you will get a better response from more experienced members here, let us know how you like the boat.
Cheers!

100 mph jet boat
05-06-2012, 05:53 PM
This what i was woundering as yrs ago all my nitro boats 60-70mph 31in, ran them in line with the keel and a lot bigger prop

with the motor stright and the strut has a slightest port angle it make the stuffing tube look like an S

100 mph jet boat
05-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Ok i just found some other pics of the sturn and it's the same. Just put it togather and hope to take it out Monday