PDA

View Full Version : Proboat Mystic 29 ~Runaway~ What to do now ?

Chewwie419
05-05-2012, 11:18 PM
So today i went out to the lake with my brother. By the way my brother has a MG and im running the MC . Had the boats for about a month now and been playing with it every weekend. Back to what happen, took the boats out for the first run and did a couple of laps. Boat ran great , but maybe 5 mins into it , my MC just stopped. Then i wait for like 5 sec and its working fine. Then i did a few more laps , and all of the sudden the boat was going full throttle on neutral and the only way i could make it stop was pressing forward on my trigger for brake but once i let go the brake and back to neutral the boat will go back to full throttle. Once i told my brother whats happening, i got it back to shore slowly and carefully. Opened the hatch and one of the lipo came off the velcro and slid towards the front of the hull. Fix the lipo back to where it suppose to be . Checked all connections , lipos , on/off switch, my remote had fresh batteries. Turned on the remote and boat. Everything worked fine and i finish off the lipos. Went back to the car , check everything out , let it chill for 5mins or so put new lipos , recheck everything. Turned on the remote and boat, did everything that it suppose to do. Went back to the lake , did a few laps and my boat took off full throttle with no brake or throttle response and ran that MC into the side wall. What do you think happen ? Crack that Hull right in half and in pretty bad shape. Lucky it didnt fill the hull fast enough and was able to get the boat back. What should i do now ? Try and fix the hull ? but to me it doesnt seem like it tho. i will try and post up pictures of the damage areas. Or should i just buy a new hull and be done with it ? But everywhere is SOLD OUT of the MC hull. Will the MG hull work ? Or i can just go buy a Proboat MC PnP and part out what i can or not. What to do now ???? I dunno anymore !!!! So frustrated !!!! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

srislash
05-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow you really whacked her!!That'll be a tough fix.The MG is the exact same hull.

srislash
05-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Horizon does have the MG in stock.I would have an interest in your busted up hull.I'm always up to a challenge.

dana
05-06-2012, 12:32 AM
That thing is a mess. Stupid proboat. Get an aquacraft? Or build your own

Chewwie419
05-06-2012, 12:35 AM
will everything transfer over ? will the rudder assy. work on the MG ?

electric
05-06-2012, 07:54 AM
By the way, don't feel like this only happened to you. I had an SV27 (with the old radio style) take off like a scalded cat and hit an oak tree head on at full speed. Made a nice Thud noise and then silence.

dana
05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
If the electronics failed, why would you put them in a new hull?

srislash
05-06-2012, 08:09 AM
will everything transfer over ? will the rudder assy. work on the MG ? Rudder and strut and such should not be a problem.Get a new ESC.That seems to be weak with the 1800kv motor.

Chewwie419
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
do you guys think it could be the stock spectrum radio and receiver ? or the ESC , only had this MC for about a month or less. and already problems ? sigh...

Chewwie419
05-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Rudder and strut and such should not be a problem.Get a new ESC.That seems to be weak with the 1800kv motor.

What ESC would you recommend with the stock 1800kv motor ? and do you think ESC was the problem and not the stock spectrum remote and receiver ? i was thinking about buying the Proboat Mystic 29 PnP just to get running again. but i dunno anymore.

srislash
05-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I have never had a problem with Speky so I would question the ESC.Did it lock on with no steering?If you are going the ESC route go with a Seaking 180.

Chewwie419
05-07-2012, 01:04 AM
I have never had a problem with Speky so I would question the ESC.Did it lock on with no steering?If you are going the ESC route go with a Seaking 180.

When it happen , i had steering . the 180 looks good

silvermansteve
06-11-2012, 05:05 AM
tell proboat/horizon about it. if you talk to them nicely, they might help you out. probably not, i guess, but you have nothing to lose.

bbbnz
06-19-2012, 04:10 AM
that hull can be repaired,have a go at it,i just repaired mine,mine was damaged in more places ,ive split mine open in front twice,trying to dodge ducks,small can of bog, alot of sanding,while your waiting on 180 seaking,leopard 4074 2200kv motor. cheers

highflyerbill
07-22-2012, 09:51 AM
I would not put a boat in the water with that radio until I did a good range check on it . If it was me I would opt for the flysky 2 or 3 channel radios at hobbypartzs.com lots of people sware by them .PS there receivers also have a failsafe if radio contact is lost it shuts down the motor . However that said it does sound like you have an esc problem . Please do a range ck. on the radio .

TheShaughnessy
08-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Just an FYI, the MC initials are more commonly used to denote an aqua craft Moteley crew, made the post a little confusing for me at least. That being said the hull can be repaired. It's not an easy repair but it is possible. I would definitely range check the radio system before u put it back on the water