PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas TQi for a Motley?

xlandguy
05-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I have my MC coming Tuesday, (pretty excited). What would be wrong with using my Traxxas Summits TQi Radio and buying a new reciever for the boat? If this is possible then I would think that the available telemetry would be sooooooooo helpful in RC FE's. You can see in real time your voltage, temps, motor rpm, and probably shaft rpm, and speed. That would be too awesome.

pavmentsurfer
05-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I actually installed a TQI in mine this past week. It is a 2CH with the docking base but it didnt come with any sensors. (I parted out a slash 4X4 to get it... radio ended up being free after I was done). But I just ordered the temp sensor off ebay for $20 shipped. Im not sure exactly how the voltage readout works but ill figure it out once it all arrives. I don't care about RPM... I just want to know about temp and voltage. I can see it being useful to have a 2nd temp sensor on the ESC as well... or maybe the batts... which is possible with the TQI.

Overall setup was pretty simple. I find the radio bulky with my iPhone attached though... I also find it a pain to turn the radio on and have to attach the phone then start up the app just to go out for a quick run. By the end of the week I just didnt bother at all. I know my boat isnt overheating and I have an alarm to tell me when to quit. Im still going to install the sensors just for fun. If it ends up proving pointless ill just go back to my MT4 and sell the TQI... Or run it in something else. Or just keep it... it was free after all.

xlandguy
05-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks for that "review". Seems as though it may be more hassle than it's worth. Thanks, I may skip that for now then.