PDA

View Full Version : Strangest thing I've ever seen....

connorryder
05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone
Well yesterday i was a happy man, i had a great running mystic for about 10 minutes, brought it in temps were GREAT, cool to the touch. I am running well soldered 5.5mm bullets aswell. so... next run (2nd) i set it all up, armed it and ran it great for about 2 minutes. Then i realised the boat got stuck on half throttle (like a run away) and i still had rudder control. It then stopped dead in the water. I thought for sure i burnt the esc, but when i got it back in everything was still cool to the touch, and nothing smelt burned at all. After i plugged the batteries in at home the throttle plays up ALOT it starts then stops and then suddenly dies in random increments. It is NOT the radio as i tried many others with the same results...
What has happened, 2nd run not happy at all. This is also my first proboat model and i thought i had a winner (previous SV27R owner) but looks like it is not the best... Supervee ran perfect for 1 and a half straight years.
Please can anyone help, do i need a new esc?
Thanks

dana
05-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I've had problems with every proboat I ever had. Do you have another esc you can try?

connorryder
05-02-2012, 09:48 PM
no unfortunatley, don't know whether to spend another 70 on a new esc.... What happened to your boats? Should have gotten the motley crew... :doh:

connorryder
05-02-2012, 09:49 PM
And i don't know whats going on as it arms properly, then starts running itself after 30 seconds....

dana
05-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I've always had esc and radio problems. Their service dept was nice to me. Call horizon and explain. The motors and hulls are nice tho. I prefer aquacraft myself based on my experiences. Just me tho

connorryder
05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Im in Australia, so its a bit hard!!! Really very peeved at the moment... How can a (good) company let all these crap esc's through?

dana
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Sounds like something is going on with the esc, but I dunno.

connorryder
05-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Just ordered a turnigy 120amp. Hopefully that does the job!