PDA

View Full Version : Fat Boat in a Little Pond

POWERS
05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Got a chance to maiden the Miss Geico with a Leopard 3674 1900kv motor on 5s in the test pond. Needless to say it's time for a bigger pond.

http://youtu.be/7U45sPNlbpM

jasoncyclone
05-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Lol!!!! Glad to here she's faster. Sounds like your happy with the motor! Are you running the stock ESC????

tagasagwan
05-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Nice video! nice running boat powers! BTW, where is this vid taken? Looks like somewhere in the tropics?

POWERS
05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Lol!!!! Glad to here she's faster. Sounds like your happy with the motor! Are you running the stock ESC????

I've got a seaking 180amp esc, the stock esc couldn't handle the octura x645 prop I'm spinnin. With this set up when you get on the throttle at close range it just sounds like the waters gettin mauled, the high pitched scream of the motor, the sound of the prop cavitating for a split second like that of the water's last breath as it knows its about to get whacked, then you're greeted with the sounds of the prop shredding through the water with those of the hull beating against the water's surface as if the torture being dealt by the prop wasn't enough....there's no better way to describe it. The acceleration is insane, the speeds it hit in that small amount space makes me anxious to see where she goes with more room.

POWERS
05-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Nice video! nice running boat powers! BTW, where is this vid taken? Looks like somewhere in the tropics?

Thanks bro! Was shot in the backyard pond in tampa bay florida. In the sub tropics so Yup!