PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack Flip Over Video

xkos
04-29-2008, 07:06 AM
BAD DRIVING, SORRY FELLAS:sorry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtAbT3ndK4

Doby
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Get used to it, I have one and they love to catch some rays laying on their backs:bounce:

fit
04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
so i just got a BJ26 and guess i have to be prepaired for it to flip over sometime, so my question how do you get your boat back if you dont want to go for a swim?

thanks

domwilson
04-29-2008, 07:22 PM
There's a couple of ways.
You can use a tennis ball with some line attached to it. Throw the ball out and try to hook line to the capsized boat.

You can use a inexpensive, slow boat to push it in or wrap line around it so you can pull it in.

Bring kids who like to swim. :rockon2:

crazzy maxx
04-29-2008, 08:41 PM
There's a couple of ways.
You can use a tennis ball with some line attached to it. Throw the ball out and try to hook line to the capsized boat.

You can use a inexpensive, slow boat to push it in or wrap line around it so you can pull it in.

Bring kids who like to swim. :rockon2:

:rofl:
ill make shore i check off option 3

dendrobate
04-29-2008, 08:54 PM
This might sound crazy but i was thinking what if you installed a 2nd small electric motor in the top of the transom as close to the middle as possible.Have it direct shaft drive through the transom with a cheap prop on the end.then connect this motor to a 3rd channel (I am using a react) Then when your BJ flips, this motor and prop will now be submerged and could be used to power you back to shore , possibly still with slight steering? just a thought .

Mich. Maniac
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
very nice video, you really started getting some confidence twords the end! just gotta watch the quick turning these have at higher speeds. at that point not much in the water cept prop and rudder. so... how DID you get it back?

ETOWNE
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I doubt this is very good for anything on the boat, Gun the thing, the prop @ full throtle will move air. Be sure to regrease right after this one. Oh ya, I kept spektrum antenna in the radio box. I still get signal, couldn't w/ stock radio..

Do not do this if you do not want to spend money as, I sure it is not good on anything. Does work however

propdrvr
04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I was running my BJ in high winds and choppy water when it went airborne, did a full flip and landed upright. The canopy did blow off, fortunately I'd sealed the cockpit and it did not sink...eventually it came to shore!

I powered the boat to shore unaware that it had taken a lot of water. I dried the components, it works fine now, should I do anything else to prevent further damage?

I did learn my lesson about the cat...:confused2:

Doby
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Tape the hatch!

Wakesurfer
05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
When I flipped mine the other day I did the airboat trick. I just used 2 or 3 second pushes at 1/4-1/2 throttle to bring it in. Had to cover about 40 feet to get it to shore. Checked the temps and the motor and ESC were within a degree or two of the temps after a 15 minute run on the first pair of packs. Full throttle the whole way might hurt it, but I wouldn't think the short soft hits would do any damage.

crazzy maxx
05-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Tape the hatch!

X2

retriving boats is the most annoying part of this hobby:cursing: