PDA

View Full Version : FLYSKY GT3B --- help please

dana
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
i picked one up from hobbypartz but there are no instructions included. i think there was also supposed to be a cd rom? i tried downloading the manual but its not working for me. i dont run windows, so not sure if thats why…. if anyone has spare instructions or can quickly guide me thru how these work id appreciate it. Thanks =)

tlandauer
04-27-2012, 11:33 PM
I am not too good with computers but I do have a PDF on my computer. I can print it and send it to you but you don't want to wait that long or email to you as an attachment? BTW, it is confusing and I still forget how to every time I have to program a new RX. It is your call, I just want you to get it ASAP.:beerchug:

sash
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I have one of these. It should of come with a mini cd inside the box (easy to miss). If you are have pairing issues reverse the throttle and the jobs done.

dana
04-28-2012, 12:11 AM
I was able to find a manual online, but it reads like a chinaman speaking English hehe. I haven't tried using it yet but, I was curious about settings like mentioned (reverse throttle). On my tactics, the throttle must be on reverse with the trim cranked. I'm wondering if these radios have any tricks I need to know to function properly. Also, must the antenna come out of hull? To bind receiver, must I use a bec pack? Do I hook up esc to acc to bind? Or channel two to get power?

dana
04-28-2012, 12:13 AM
No cd either. I looked a few times

Visual Perfection
04-28-2012, 12:30 AM
look on hobbypartz website on the page where you buy it. There is a video and he shows how to do everything. That's how I did mine.

jasoncyclone
04-28-2012, 01:02 AM
If you look on YouTube, there are many vids on how to operate and pair this radio system. My radio did not come with the cd so I just looked on YouTube!!! Works great!

sash
04-28-2012, 01:44 AM
I could not get mine to throttle to bind with the esc without reversing the throttle on a seaking 180 amp if that helps

TheShaughnessy
04-28-2012, 02:06 AM
I could not get mine to throttle to bind with the esc without reversing the throttle on a seaking 180 amp if that helps

same here. You tube is also where i figured out where to bind it Hobby parts has bind instructions on their site as well. The big knob controls most the stuff, then you select what ever is highlighted with the menu button. Push the knob down to enter the menu screen and then rotate it to move around.

sash
04-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Sorry did not read your post properly. Bind the receiver with esc plugged in acc. Once binded turn off and servo to channel 1 and esc to channel 2 keep in mind positive and negative must be in the right place (black and red ) is marked on the receiver in small writing. Don't bother with the arial leave it in the boat away from metal objects.

tlandauer
04-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Mine didn't come with CD Rom either. Although I read the instruction with much guess work. Basically is like this : insert binding plug into ch.3/bind port, power your RX with receiver pack---- plug the lead into VCC port, you should see LED flashing, you are in binding mode. Press the "bind " button ---uppermost button on the righthand side of transmitter while turning on the transmitter. Led indicator should stop flashing, might take 5 seconds. Release "bind'' button, unplug the binding plug from RX, you should be in business.
I have not used this radio on my boats yet, so far it works great on all my land RC's
Can't tell you about throttle trim and channel settings with marine ESC, sorry.

sash
04-28-2012, 03:14 AM
The intructions are hopeless. I'm no expert on these but they are very good value. I run three boats of this one transmitter. Ive have personally taken it 300 meters away and no problems ( only you can't see much of the boat ). They basically set all of the receivers to 1 frequency only which is dictated by the transmitter, no 2 are alike apperently. They only hold the trim and throttle settings ect. in memory as you store them on model no. Hope this makes sense I'm no good expressing my self on these computers. Basically you can drive any boat on saved model no.s because they are using the same frequency but the difference is it keeps your fine tuning for trims memorised. Hope this makes senseonly only trying to help.

dana
04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys! One more question.... Is it necessary to run the antenna outside the hull?

egneg
04-28-2012, 08:32 AM
It helps but I have a couple of boats with it inside.

ksm2001
04-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys! One more question.... Is it necessary to run the antenna outside the hull?

Dana I run the Flysky GT3B antenna out on my HOTR cat only because its carbon fibered inside. The fiberglass only df29 is run inside, no issues but I do have the antenna bending upwards about the last inch.

Ken

ksm2001
04-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Also make sure the fail safe is programed proper for neutral throttle position. I don't have the instructions with me but if I recall its not programed for that until you set it up.

Alexgar
04-28-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16199__HK_GT3B_AFHDS_2_4ghz_3_Channel_Radio_Syst em_.html

go to the files tab Dana and you can download pdf file

Alexgar
04-28-2012, 09:11 AM
the failsafe is programmed to WOT i lost an elam that way

dana
04-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Also make sure the fail safe is programed proper for neutral throttle position. I don't have the instructions with me but if I recall its not programed for that until you set it up.
thanks

dana
04-28-2012, 09:28 AM
the failsafe is programmed to WOT i lost an elam that way
are you saying it comes pre set to wot? that means i have to reprogram yes?

dana
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
if i want to bind to a certain channel, do i have to set the channel on the tx, then shut it off, so when i turn on to bind its binding to the correct channel?

properchopper
04-28-2012, 11:09 AM

I run 8 boats on my GT3b ; about a year now with no probs. Internal antennas on all. Simple/quick mount - foam block cross drilled, some tubing, stick down & done (pictured is the HK Rx; added some to a recent order-same Rx)

Alexgar
04-28-2012, 12:52 PM
run great but as i found out got to close to a dock and she went wide oper into the dock and did major damage i repaired it but ate about 80$ due to the repair when i let her go so reprogram the failsafe
another link page 24
http://www.flysky-cn.com/eDownload.asp?id=1

dana
04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks you guys! Most helpful -)
Binding went fine with all 3 rx. I got tx and 3rx for 53 shipped. And it's a nice radio! Love hobbypartZ...
So my throttle channels are set for reverse but where do you guys keep the throttle trim? On my tactics, it's all the way up. Thanks again

properchopper
04-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks you guys! Most helpful -)
Binding went fine with all 3 rx. I got tx and 3rx for 53 shipped. And it's a nice radio! Love hobbypartZ...
So my throttle channels are set for reverse but where do you guys keep the throttle trim? On my tactics, it's all the way up. Thanks again

Dana, I've found that it's a good practice to set the trim to "zero", then hold trigger on full, plug in battery and let speedy read the full-forward position. That way you'll be assured that you're getting the full forward output of the speedy.

BTW yesterday I had a nice in-person conversation with two execs at HobbyPartz- Expect to see more FE support from them in the future if my plan(s) go forward :spy:

dana
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Nice Tony! I have had excellent experiences with them. Very happy =)