PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy 180 ????

SirBudman32
04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Ok guys here is one for you to look / think about! just took my Turnigy 180 apart to do a cooling up grade to it and this is what I found. Got the esc used in a boat I bought ( Genesis ) with a Castle 1515 2200 and a m440 3blade prop on it. I did notice one of the caps was a little swollen so I was going to change it while I had it apart. The esc did work, even got it to program. The only thing that I was told was the internal bec did not work ( typical ) and it did have a external on it. I have not run the boat yet just bench test. So does anyone think that the burnt spot is the bec? Not sure if I should trust it or not as I have a new one on the way that was going to use as a back up, or now my primary. What do you all think? Thanks

75094 75095

JIM MARCUM
04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
It's amazing to me that ESC works at all! :flashfire: The new T180s have the extra bank of caps and are pretty much bullet proof, and from my experience, the BEC actually works well too.

Besides the fried board you have damaged caps too. I'd just cut off the wires for spare parts and toss it in the trash. Just not worth trying to fix it. Unless you enter NAMBA races, you likely won't even need a spare ESC with the new one. JIM:spy:

ozzie-crawl
04-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Its been awhile since i pulled esc,s apart and fixed them but that is defiantly the bec circuitry that is burnt out. the rest of the esc (control board) looks ok.
There is no telling how long it will keep going, could die straight up or keep going for years.