PDA

View Full Version : High School Tech Class Build 42" Mono + 24" Mono

zx11976r
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Hello,

I am starting this post so hopefully find some good info on tricks of the trade on building a classroom full of 42" mono hull RC weed eater boats. I did this project last year with some plans the students and I designed and the boat was fairly successful. We got 3 out of 15 actually running. I hope to get a better track record this year. I have attached some pictures of last years model and some pictures of this years model.

This years hull I got plans from online for a 48" mono gas and scaled them to be 42" just so we could optimize the material consumption. By the way this is a budget constraint build so any ideas to cut cost would be greatly appreciated.

I will post regularly with progress of the build. I am hoping that anyone who would/could comment on our progress to possibly correct any problems before we encounter them.

I am also building a 24" Mono at the same time from the same plans as the 42" just scaled down. I am planning of using a brushless system for the 24" so any good ideas on the 24" please comment.

My boat "the teachers" is going to be a 42" mono brushless with a lg. brushless motor to blow all the kids away. Haha. I am going to outfit similar to the guy who is building 41" Delta Force Racing Build - Nitro to Electric boat.

We have cut all small parts for the boat on our Techno CNC Router 30"X24" and hand cut the rest.