PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a Mystic, have some questions!

connorryder
04-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Hey Everyone!!!
I just ordered a pro boat mystic of Amain hobbies today
I was just wondering if 4000mah 2s 40c lipos would work?
And also is there anything that is in need of modification or repair right out of the box? or is it pretty much good right away!
Thanks!!!

Jgg12002
04-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I would go with 5000 2c batts. The boat runs great out of the box.
A little hatch tape and marine grease for the shaft and a couple of 10 mm wrenches to undo the coupler will be a good thing to have handy. Enjoy John

lenny
04-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi,:tiphat:
Just a tip.
When you get it,
Check it over top to bottom and you should go with 5.5 bullets all the way.
It will run a lot better and cooler.
Look in the post and do a search to or you could burn something up on first run.
The cell you have will work fine and if you want more power try the Gens ace cells 2s 30c 5300mah.

Darin Jordan
04-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Congrats on your purchase... I think many here will agree that it's a good one that you'll have some fun with.

First, I think you'll want the highest mAh batteries you can afford... 5000mAh would be my minimum for a decent amount of runtime (4-minutes??) They make some larger packs (6600mAh, etc.) that would afford you more run-time, but may heat things up pretty good. 5000's are a good way to go.

If you have the skills, I'd replace the 3.5mm contacts on the motor and ESC leads. These are barely adequate for even the stock setup. Kind of like Traxxas still using those bloody white Traxxas battery leads on some care... Replace them with 5.5mm or larger contacts. Done correctly, you'll never have an issue with these contacts heating up and melting solder joints.

I would go over EVERY nut and bolt and snug them up. Do this on a regular basis, especially on the transom. The wood compresses over time, and they'll get loose.

I'd remove the flex and re-lube it before I too it out. Remove the flex after each day of running and wipe down and leave out of the boat while in storage to dry out. Re-lube and install before you go out running again.

If you have time... it's also a good idea to go over all of the interior wood with a coating of epoxy. I mix it up and brush it on with an acid brush. This will seal the wood, and will also help to solidify the glued joints. Especially do this around the motor mounting area, as I've found some of mine to be loose, and they are only glued in a few spots. You'll find the motor vibration/noise is reduced by doing this as well.

Eventually, you'll want to blue-print the sponsons. Lots of threads on this site explaining how.

Above all... go have some FUN! ;)

connorryder
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Wow great thanks a lot everyone!!!!
I will try that 5.5mm bullet mod you where talking about. Will it be ok stock for a few runs as i don't have any 5.5mm's with me! Hopefully the batteries work ok! Looking forward to it as i ended up choosing this over the motley crew!

Darin Jordan
04-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes... it will be OK with the 3.5's... I'd run it with the stock prop like that.

The 4000's 40C will work, just watch your runtime... 2-3 minutes at first, then charge and find out how much you put back in. Don't run them down over 70% or so... (4000 * 0.70 = 2800mah...)... 80% MAX (4000 * 0.80 = 3200mAH)... at at that, you'll be at HIGH risk for damaging the packs...

connorryder
04-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I never knew Lipos did that? So for my first run do i only run it for a few minutes?