PDA

View Full Version : Mause Bullet Build

SJFE
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
As everyone knows I scooped up Mr Jordan's Bullet. I have ordered the SpeedMaster mono setup, fullers cf turnfin and a Feigao 7XL for starters. I am going to be visiting Mr Hill for some new Lipos shortly. I am going to run the Hex esc I pulled out of the jack with the water cooling. I also plan on running the S-Bec if it survived getting wet the last time out. If not I'll buy another one. The Spektrum receiver out of the Jack will be used in this boat also. I will have to wait on trim tabs to come back in stock. With any luck I will have this boat in the water and on video possibly mid to late next week. I plan on changing the SV stickers and matcing both boats in a team layout. I am debating sanding nd painting the MM to match also.
Look for build pictures late this week and over the wekend.
I expect some good numbers out of this boat:)

Darin Jordan
04-30-2007, 10:32 AM
It's out in the car, all packaged and stamped... I'll be dropping it at the Post Office this afternoon... Would have loved to have done it this morning, but they don't have a place to drop off packages of this size...

Can't wait to see what you do with it... Should be fun...

Oh... by the way... it's "Maus"... ;)

SJFE
04-30-2007, 10:48 AM
LOL I've done that every time I typed it....Uggg. Of course the one time I miss it it's in the title field and can't be changed.
Yup King dumb @ss here....:D

Darin Jordan
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Yup King dumb @ss here....:D

I think once the Maus arrives, you'll be King "Haul @ass..." ;)

hammertime
04-30-2007, 03:19 PM
paint them all the same that would be sweeeet.... i was thinkin about doin that with the sv and the badit cat too

SJFE
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
It would be the perfect time. It's stripped and ready to sand. I will have to "brush up"..lol..in the how to section for sanding and painting. I'm not all that swift @ finish work.

lferguson
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Ask some folks who have DH Monos' about setups If I am not mistaken the bullet is very similar to the DH. Correct me if I am wrong Darin.

SJFE
04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I think once the Maus arrives, you'll be King "Haul @ass..."
ROFLMAO:D

Ferg
Darin did say they where alike. If I'm not mistakin the DH has more lift and the Maus has more dead rise...witch will handle speeds better.

Darin Jordan
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
The DH Mono (my current N2-Mono, last years O-Mono Champion in our club...), has less V, and more angle of attack on the keel... It starts rising toward the bow about 5" from the transom and keeps right on going...

The Maus stays flat for a good 8-10" before it starts rising, and it has more V-Angle...

I think the Maus will be better at speeds over 40... My DH starts getting VERY light over 38... It was better with NiMH, but now with Lipos... it's going well over 45mph, and I can barely keep it on the water...

In fact... I'm racing it this next weekend with the weight of an extra 6-cell pack in the middle, just to try to keep the nose down...

"With great power, comes great...", well.... great aerial maneuvers!! ;)

Darin Jordan
04-30-2007, 11:02 PM
OK Tom... It's on the mail system now... Let me know when it arrives...

SJFE
05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Delivery has been made!!! Excellent hull. Nice job with the old rattle cans..I dont have to do any painting untill next witer when I match all the boats.
Thank you Sir:D
Excellent seller. Buy with complete confidence!!

Darin Jordan
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Delivery has been made!!!

Awsome... MAN, you can't beat the USPS for shipping speed... Seattle to New Jersey in 2-days... Not even that... I just dropped it of Monday afternoon!!!! NICE!

OK, it's in your court now... PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!! :cool:

SJFE
05-02-2007, 08:34 PM
My new Hextronic 120 got here today along with the hull. Tomorrow the hardware should arive. Took a trip to the LHS and stocked up on connectors, wire and other build items I was low on. I have moved out of the dining room and into the kitchen. Got a new 24x48 table. With the 33x33 I have a nice area to get messy now. I will finish setting it up tonight. Maybe post a pic.

SJFE
05-05-2007, 09:17 AM
The hardware got here in short order. More great servise from OSE!!!. I used the TF for the SV. The replacment should be here with in a day. I look to get some work done tonight. Looks like I will have the evening alone due to the fact MrsSJFE got home from work this morning and don't have time to sleep before we go out today. Just me my tools and..hmm maybe a couple cold ones:). No more than a couple..I can barey be trusted with power tools as it is:D. I will post what ever I get done.

SJFE
05-05-2007, 11:10 PM
As you can see I made good progress. This is the first time I have worked with SpeedMaster hardware. I will be buying this stuff for every one of my future boats. The quality is great. The ease of install was a dream. Tabs, fins, electrics and I am in the water. I am not rushing. I could have had the servo in and bullet connectors installed on the motor but I was getting tired and I tend to want to take short cuts. I may get to some more tomorrow.

SJFE
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Couple more pics.

SJFE
05-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I started with tabs tonight placment was tuff due to the turn fin bracket. The right tab is just a tick lower than the left. I'm not sure if thats gona be a problem. I don't for see one. Last I cut a Carbon Fiber plate for the servo & rx. Epoxied it in place to cure. Tomorrow night will I'll mount the servo rx and motor. I may get the water cooling run but I am in no hurry. It mat make the water this weekend.

Doug Smock
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Sent ya a PM.

SJFE
05-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Gotcha. Thanks Doug. I'll make the ajustment tomorrow. What do you think about the tab..more it or no?

Doug Smock
05-08-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't think you need to, it doesn't look like it's off the mark much, hard to tell in the pic.
What are you going to power the beast with??:D

Doug

SJFE
05-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Left tab in. Right fin out...LOL. I get it yet:D.

SJFE
05-08-2007, 11:48 PM
7XL 120amp hex on 16cells...lol

Doug Smock
05-09-2007, 08:12 AM
7XL 120amp hex on 16cells...lol

I can smell smoke allready!!:eek:
Your kidding right??:)

SJFE
05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
12,14,16, 2s 4s. I'm not afraid of anything. If it will float with 16 i'll try it.:D

Darin Jordan
05-09-2007, 01:00 PM
I think that is the perfect sized race hull for a 2S2P setup... Get a 6L or 7L from OSE and a B125 or bigger ESC and you'll be easily into the 45mph + range... NOT a sport setup, but a damn nice N2-Mono race setup...

SJFE
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the race setup:). I am how ever a sport boater for this season. So the Xl on 12 or 14 is more realistic for what I am going to be doing. I am hoping to get 40 out of it with out spening big money on an esc.

hammertime
05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
i wish i had no fear like you lol

SJFE
05-09-2007, 05:23 PM
It's more arrogance than bravery to be completely honest. See I am @ the point now where I know enough to be dangerous. I am lucky to have Mr Jordan & Mr Smock here for reality checks. After getting over the stupid and listning to reason I will be doing a 9 turn motor.

SJFE
05-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I started @ 8:00 tonight and just finished up for the eve. As you can see I got quite a bit done this evening. Thats possible when im not on here running my mouth(or fingers). All that is left are just a few odds and ends. I have some stickers to use for a bit untill I have some customs made up. I hope to get it in the water this weekend. I am going to have to be carfull. I only had a 7XL in inventory so that is what went in. I put on a 42mm prop for a jumping off point. I am dog tired so I'm out.
Peace.

Darin Jordan
05-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Looks like a very well aligned motor mount! ;)

Nice work!

SJFE
05-10-2007, 12:18 AM
THANKS.Yes it was right on the money. After cutting the first drive cable to short and makin the second one I found that out. It's a damn good thing I keep plenty of extra prop shafts and cable around...

Doug Smock
05-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Good looking build.

Steven Vaccaro
05-10-2007, 09:50 AM
THANKS.Yes it was right on the money. After cutting the first drive cable to short and makin the second one I found that out. It's a damn good thing I keep plenty of extra prop shafts and cable around...

Nice job. Nice thing about the glue method on shafts is that the cable and shafts are easily reusable.

SJFE
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks Doug:). Steven, How do I unglue them I forget???

Darin Jordan
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
How do I unglue them I forget

Heat... I think the Loctite releases at about 280 degrees... Just hit it carefully with a propane torch...

SJFE
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
In my case the stove...lol:D. Thank you Sir.

SJFE
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
After doing the math I am going to break down the set of IB3600s I build into 2 5cell packs. That will give me just ober 28k for rpms. I will test it Saturday after noon. Getting ready to head out to the kitchen soon and finish up.

Doug Smock
05-10-2007, 08:01 PM
After doing the math I am going to break down the set of IB3600s I build into 2 5cell packs. That will give me just ober 28k for rpms. I will test it Saturday after noon. Getting ready to head out to the kitchen soon and finish up.

Thats better.;)
Maybe start with a X438 or 440, get her dialed in and running free, check temps frequently!! Then prop it up if you can!!!:eek: Hang on!!!!!:D

Doug

Doozie870
05-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Looking fantastic! high 20ks is sure to make a sweet sound, I cant wait for the vid! :D

SJFE
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I call this one complete for the Season. Next winter she will be sanded primed and painted. My fleet will all be in identicle colors.. Testing to begin ASAP. Look for them videos:D.
Thanks Darin, Doug, Steven & every one else for the input. I couldn't have done it woth you guys!!

Darin Jordan
05-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Alright dude... I waited an entire weekend... you've had plenty of time to get out on the water... I want pictures, video, and full report.... HOW did the Maus do?!! ;) Sure looks good! I'm still kicking myself!!

SJFE
05-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I regret to inform you it is still on the shelf. I am no more happy about it than you. I have had 0 time to get it on the water. I will not be able to even attempt a run untill maybe wednesday or thursday night. Rain is in the forcast for both days. If the weather don't change it's saturday. I have new shelves to put up tonight. After that I'll seal the antenna hole and install the left turnfin. Oh I gota pm ya come to think of it....

avengersteve
05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
i think it going to run too hot LOL your like me when it comes to cooling

SJFE
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Anything worth doing is worth over doing:D

SJFE
05-16-2007, 10:57 PM
This one is ready for the water. I have my 5 cell packs built. The hull is sealed up. Left turn fins on. Water inlet moved to decent location and some new stickers. I will try to test this weekend weather permiting.