PDA

View Full Version : Made a Carry Bag for the FighterCat Daytona/Genesis

Checkmateguy01
04-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Wanted a good solid way to protect and carry the Daytona to the pond/lake but had a hell of a time finding a case or bag that would fit the boat. I love the Kintec bag for the SV27, really makes transport easy, but of course that is way to small. So i found a large Coleman camping equipment bag online, little less than $40 after shipping, and made my own craddle inside specifically to hold the Daytona/Genesis. I used some cheap lumber, good packing foam, and made a solid bottom out of some wood paneling i had laying around. The boat sets on a solid stand i made for it, not that stand that comes with the boat (in the pic i just thru the supplied stand in for reference). The bag itself measures 48" in length, and about 18" wide (Daytona is about 42" total with hardware), so it's big but plenty of room to put radio and any thing else for a trip to the pond, although i carry a full tool box with me when i go. Thought i'd share, should keep the boat safe and from moving around in the back of my truck!

74151 74152

izcain
04-11-2012, 12:04 AM
nicely done!

Seems like the faster I go the more stuff I have to carry to the pond lol........ tools, batts, recovery boat, the list goes on and on.