PDA

View Full Version : Electric Planes, Heli's and EDFs: Discussion, pics and video Thread

Diesel6401
04-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Figured I start a thread for those who also fly. The community here is much better then on other forums, so figured why not start a thread here for anything that flies (electrics). Share or if anyone has questions and are thinking about getting into the air side rc post here as well. Hopefully this thread kinda catches on...

Here's a video from yesterday.
Little Parkzone Habu action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG0u1z8ZMxg&list=UUV3Vv9FY8bLrNBa4GS8hVVg&index=1&feature=plcp

* Shockingly the Parkzone Habu has been discontinued, no clue why it was and still is a very popular model. Makes me think (praying at least :Praying: ) HH has something up there sleeve to fill the gap for this thing. Maybe another parkflier size edf with as3x :drool:

eG0u1z8ZMxg&feature=results_video&lr=1&ob=0

Xzessperated
04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Enjoyed your video Dale.
The thread is a great idea. There are probably quite a few FE boat guys out there that also fly and are happy to share their knowledge and ones like myself that have a lot to learn.
I have 2 gliders and flew my 4 channel one for the first time yesterday. Until now I have been flying a Parkzone Radian 3 channel. The Radian is an easy glider to fly but is a bit limited in what you can do because of having only 3 channels. Here is a video of me flying it back in January this year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pumi45Jt_Zs

Brushless55
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah baby!

Diesel6401
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Enjoyed your video Dale.
The thread is a great idea. There are probably quite a few FE boat guys out there that also fly and are happy to share their knowledge and ones like myself that have a lot to learn.
I have 2 gliders and flew my 4 channel one for the first time yesterday. Until now I have been flying a Parkzone Radian 3 channel. The Radian is an easy glider to fly but is a bit limited in what you can do because of having only 3 channels. Here is a video of me flying it back in January this year...

Nice... Their was a guy at the field I fly at a few weeks ago with the Raiden Pro: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ5480 looked like he was enjoying himself quiet a bit!

Diesel6401
04-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah baby!

Figured you would get a kick outta this thread lol..... I know you have some toys!

Brushless55
04-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Figured you would get a kick outta this thread lol..... I know you have some toys!

Yes sir!
but they are taking a back seat for a week or two as I've started racing at NAMBA20 and they are threatening to kick my :w00t: if I don't show up at the next race.. :lol:

Diesel6401
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes sir!
but they are taking a back seat for a week or two as I've started racing at NAMBA20 and they are threatening to kick my :w00t: if I don't show up at the next race.. :lol:

O man... get on it and kick some a$$ !

Chilli
04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
A few pics of my fleet. (actually the Super Cub belongs to my son)

Not shown Nitro Planes 70mm EDF F18, Multiplex Gemini, Blade SR120

In route: Blade 450 3D

HOTWATER
04-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Nice bro! I love that floatplane! Are those JAE sponsons? :biggrin:

HOTWATER
04-10-2012, 10:51 PM
double post

Chilli
04-10-2012, 11:54 PM
They do look a little like JAE's. LOL

The Cub is fun to fly but it won't turn worth poop while on the water. It just weather vane's into the wind. Maybe I'll bring it to Delmarva for a little Apres racing fun.

Brushless55
04-11-2012, 12:00 AM
O man... get on it and kick some a$$ !

right on man!
something I really want to try out is a Quadcopter..
I would love to fly a GoPro and make some money with that setup :spy:

egneg
04-11-2012, 11:01 AM
No planes or vid but I have a couple of heli's.

Diesel6401
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
A few pics of my fleet. (actually the Super Cub belongs to my son)

Not shown Nitro Planes 70mm EDF F18, Multiplex Gemini, Blade SR120

In route: Blade 450 3D

Nice pics. How do you like the Blade SR120? I was thinking about snagging one.

right on man!
something I really want to try out is a Quadcopter..
I would love to fly a GoPro and make some money with that setup :spy:

Nice. xheli.com has a little dice cam thats 720p and my mqx will carry it. Should be kinda cool. It won't lift a go-pro though.

No planes or vid but I have a couple of heli's.

If it flies this is thread for it :smile:

Nice pic!

Diesel6401
04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Here's my Tower Hobbies P51 I did a red tail paint scheme on. To check out my planes (and boats) click the "diesels fleet" link in my Signature.

Chilli
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Diesel, I like the 120SR. I didnt want a co-axial for a first heli. I also wanted something that could fly outdoors when the wind is down. I considered a SR but the reviews were so-so. So for the price the BNF 120 fit the bill. She flies pretty good in a very slight breeze and is cheap and easy to fix if you smack something. She is also pretty durable. I think it was a good choice for me for a first heli. I'm doing time on the Phoenix getting ready for the 450 when I get her. I have a few heli guys to help me with the first few flights. Should be a hoot.

Diesel6401
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Diesel, I like the 120SR. I didnt want a co-axial for a first heli. I also wanted something that could fly outdoors when the wind is down. I considered a SR but the reviews were so-so. So for the price the BNF 120 fit the bill. She flies pretty good in a very slight breeze and is cheap and easy to fix if you smack something. She is also pretty durable. I think it was a good choice for me for a first heli. I'm doing time on the Phoenix getting ready for the 450 when I get her. I have a few heli guys to help me with the first few flights. Should be a hoot.

Great to hear. I've been looking hard at the 120sr, I think when money is right I will snag one. I also was looking at the SR and got scared away, read so of the rcgroups threads about that thing and I'm going to steer clear of it. Nice part is about the 120sr is my mqx uses the same batts, so with the bnf I should have 5 batts which will work out nicely. I bought these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-120-SR-G3-CX-550MAH-1S-3-7V-25C-LIPO-BATTERY-HELI-X3-HYPERION-/360426235946?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53eb13e82a

I don't want a co-axial first heli either, so the bnf 120 maybe a winner. HH is killing me though. I have the umx mig 15 on backorder :biggrin: and I like the umx beast 3d as I would like to start trying to get into 3d flying (maybe), and the umx carbon-z cub looks bad a$$ also. And the umx Styrker 180 looks awesome, once I'm done handing my check over to hospitals ill hand my check over to HH

Brushless55
04-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Great to hear. I've been looking hard at the 120sr, I think when money is right I will snag one. I also was looking at the SR and got scared away, read so of the rcgroups threads about that thing and I'm going to steer clear of it. Nice part is about the 120sr is my mqx uses the same batts, so with the bnf I should have 5 batts which will work out nicely. I bought these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-120-SR-G3-CX-550MAH-1S-3-7V-25C-LIPO-BATTERY-HELI-X3-HYPERION-/360426235946?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53eb13e82a

I don't want a co-axial first heli either, so the bnf 120 maybe a winner. HH is killing me though. I have the umx mig 15 on backorder :biggrin: and I like the umx beast 3d as I would like to start trying to get into 3d flying (maybe), and the umx carbon-z cub looks bad a$$ also. And the umx Styrker 180 looks awesome, once I'm done handing my check over to hospitals ill hand my check over to HH

My favorite flying craft right now is the MCPx
I flew my first one to over 250 flights and my second one has about 60 flights on it now
awesome little CP heli

The Beast 3D with the AS3X would be fun as I have the first version and that one is a blast :rockon2:

Chilli
04-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I've gone through a few Beasts. I don't know if I would consider either of them a 3D bird. V1 is just a rush to fly and keeps you on your toes. V2 isn't quite as spirited but the AS3X is just awesome in the wind. I flew my V2 in winds I wouldn't dream of flying any of my other ultra micro's in.

Chilli
04-12-2012, 01:48 PM
New offerings on the Horizon web site. The Habu is back in Thunderbird colors.....with optional retracts and flaps!!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/habu-2-edf-bnf-basic-PKZ7150

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-130-x-bnf-BLH3780

Diesel6401
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Loks pretty cool. I'm leaning towards the 120SR over the Beast 3D, I would love the beast but I'm realizing the best part about my mqx is a fly it everywhere, need hardly any room to have fun with it. I love being able to fly in my garage, house or just in the drive way. I have more flights on it then planes I've had much much longer. This 130x looks bad a$$, but I've never owned a heli before so maybe to big of a jump for me. The 120sr seems like it would be the smarter choice to learn heli's on and kinda ease into it. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I've even been looking at youtube vids of the Hyper Taxi. Looks like it can do some cool stuff. I bashed the mqx when it first came out because I wasn't a quad fan, but when I flew it in the hobbyshop for the first I was instantly hooked and bought one a week later. The mqx kinda opening my eyes to a new direction on what I look at as being fun. My buddy told me not to get one and when I let him fly mine he was freaking hooked on it, especially when I started doing double and triple flips with it lol.

Diesel6401
04-12-2012, 02:43 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT HABU V2..... I just wet myself :doh:

O Horizon Hobby the mighty and powerful provider of all things Bad A$$ I surrender my paycheck to you :bowdown:

Chilli
04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I bet half the equity in that company is stuff that's been pre-ordered that people are waiting to be released. LOL

Raydee
04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I have been flying Heli's and planes for quite a few years. I like that little 130X, looks a little bigger than the MCPx.

Diesel6401
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I bet half the equity in that company is stuff that's been pre-ordered that people are waiting to be released. LOL

I'm on that list lol

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Diesel6401
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I have been flying Heli's and planes for quite a few years. I like that little 130X, looks a little bigger than the MCPx.

I'd like to move up the heli chain soon, gotta start somewhere!

Brushless55
04-12-2012, 08:58 PM
New offerings on the Horizon web site. The Habu is back in Thunderbird colors.....with optional retracts and flaps!!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/habu-2-edf-bnf-basic-PKZ7150

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-130-x-bnf-BLH3780

That Habu looks awesome! :rockon2:
and I've been wanting a 120mcpx size BnF to come out and that 130x looks cool, but after looking at the pictures of the frame and electronics and the price of 280bucks I think I will spend the extra cash and get the 300 or maybe even the 450X
and maybe I can get Joe Scarpino to make a sick Carbon Fiber setup for the 450X to hold a GoPro :sneaky2:

Diesel6401
04-12-2012, 11:20 PM
That Habu looks awesome! :rockon2:
and I've been wanting a 120mcpx size BnF to come out and that 130x looks cool, but after looking at the pictures of the frame and electronics and the price of 280bucks I think I will spend the extra cash and get the 300 or maybe even the 450X
and maybe I can get Joe Scarpino to make a sick Carbon Fiber setup for the 450X to hold a GoPro :sneaky2:

Ima make the jump bro into the heli game. Been thinking real hard on it. To many awesome looking heli coming out. I think I need to sale some stuff lol.

Brushless55
04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Ima make the jump bro into the heli game. Been thinking real hard on it. To many awesome looking heli coming out. I think I need to sale some stuff lol.

My MCPx gets the most attention of any RC I own
so addictive :drool:

Diesel6401
04-13-2012, 06:28 AM
My MCPx gets the most attention of any RC I own
so addictive :drool:

I was watching vids on that. A guy showed how to calm it down to make it more beginner friendly. He was doing some cool stuff with it that's for sure.

LuckyDuc
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Here are a few of my planes and helis...

LuckyDuc
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Some more...

Diesel6401
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Looking good. Is the F-8 and F-86 50mm?

I crashed my wicked powered T33 that sucked, but I bought a 50mm T45 airframe kit from HK for $22. Just gonna transfer everything from my crashed T33 to that plane. I love the 50mm size jets. I bought the T45 and F9 Panther airframe kits (had my wicked power setup and a stock jpower 50mm setup laying around). I don't see the T45 listed anymore surpisngly, here's the F9 kit though: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16399__Mini_F9F_EDF_Fighter_Jet_EPO_Kit_.html

LuckyDuc
04-13-2012, 01:59 PM
The F-86 uses a 60mm Alfa fan, the A-7 and F-16 use a 70mm HET fan, and the A-10 has twin 60mm Alfa fans.

Here's a video of the F-86 in action

J5UMh1DjOGE

HOTWATER
04-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Very cool Sean! You're a good pilot! Plenty of stick time for sure!

Love the fleet as well!

-Kent

LuckyDuc
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks Kent!

Diesel6401
04-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Bought my first heli today. Pulled the trigger on the Blade 120SR. Can't wait to try this thing out.

Chilli
04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Cool. It's a fun little heli. Do a little practice hovering indoor and then take her outside over grass with no wind.

Got my ebay Blade 450 3d yesterday and took it for a spin this evening. She is like the 120SR on steroids and thats putting it mildly. I ran three packs through her. So far she is still in one piece. LOL

Diesel6401
04-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Cool. It's a fun little heli. Do a little practice hovering indoor and then take her outside over grass with no wind.

Got my ebay Blade 450 3d yesterday and took it for a spin this evening. She is like the 120SR on steroids and thats putting it mildly. I ran three packs through her. So far she is still in one piece. LOL

I haven't even turned it on yet, picked it up right as the lhs was closing. So you went from the 120sr right to the 450 3D?

Any 120 tx setup tips?

Diesel6401
04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
The F-86 uses a 60mm Alfa fan, the A-7 and F-16 use a 70mm HET fan, and the A-10 has twin 60mm Alfa fans.

Here's a video of the F-86 in action

J5UMh1DjOGE

60mm nice! Heard good things about the HET and Alfa fans. Anyone try or heard any info about the Leopard edf fan/motor combo?

Chilli
04-13-2012, 10:44 PM
So you went from the 120sr right to the 450 3D?

Any 120 tx setup tips?

Yep, Kind of a bold step up but so far so good. Some say it's a good move up, others say you shouldnt go from a fixed pitch right to the 450 3d but the only Heli in between is the SR and as you know, that one doesnt have the best write ups. The only other option is one of the ultra micro CP helis but thats not for me. To me the 120 and 450 handle similarly (with no wind) but obviously the 450 is more powerfull, precise and intimidating. It can also get out of shape much quicker so no time to think what the fingers need to do.

No real set up needed for the 120. All the set up is dialed into the 5 in1 board. Set the transmitter up like your typical park flyer. In fixed wing mode, D/R at 100/70 and maybe 30 on the expo. When you start flying indoor, you'll go through a few sets of blades and maybe a tail boom. When you start flying outdoors, you'll probably crack the body and go through a few pairs of skids. Once you are comfortable hovering outdoors, switch the swash to the advanced settings and you'll be able to make head way into a slight breeze. When you turn toward the side of the retreating blade (I think left) use very little aileron or she will drop like a rock. Also if you get out of shape, first instinct is to chop power but you actually want to apply power if you think can save her. One little mod to do is take off the left side skid and clip 1/8 inch off the rear mounting post. Untrimmed, this little stud can get pushed into the servo wheel in a crash and damage the unit.

Let us know how it goes!!!

Diesel6401
04-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Yep, Kind of a bold step up but so far so good. Some say it's a good move up, others say you shouldnt go from a fixed pitch right to the 450 3d but the only Heli in between is the SR and as you know, that one doesnt have the best write ups. The only other option is one of the ultra micro CP helis but thats not for me. To me the 120 and 450 handle similarly (with no wind) but obviously the 450 is more powerfull, precise and intimidating. It can also get out of shape much quicker so no time to think what the fingers need to do.

No real set up needed for the 120. All the set up is dialed into the 5 in1 board. Set the transmitter up like your typical park flyer. In fixed wing mode, D/R at 100/70 and maybe 30 on the expo. When you start flying indoor, you'll go through a few sets of blades and maybe a tail boom. When you start flying outdoors, you'll probably crack the body and go through a few pairs of skids. Once you are comfortable hovering outdoors, switch the swash to the advanced settings and you'll be able to make head way into a slight breeze. When you turn toward the side of the retreating blade (I think left) use very little aileron or she will drop like a rock. Also if you get out of shape, first instinct is to chop power but you actually want to apply power if you think can save her. One little mod to do is take off the left side skid and clip 1/8 inch off the rear mounting post. Untrimmed, this little stud can get pushed into the servo wheel in a crash and damage the unit.

Let us know how it goes!!!

Awesome info, thanks. I just did a test hoover in the garage I couldn't wait :D me thinks I may like this a lot. I set it up in heli with 50/75/100 on the travel for all 3 surfaces (dx8) and 30% on the ele, 50% ail (may turn that down a tad) and I think 30-40% on the rud. Should I unbind in heli mode and setup acro mode or just leave it? While hoovering in the garage, I felt a little uneasy at first, but sure that was the nerves. On pre-flight found my ele servo kinda stuck in the middle I kept working it back and forth and it freed up, thought that was kinda odd. Found a black like thread wrapped around the gear weird... pulled it out and it flew. Had a little tail shimmy/wobble also, that normal? Have 5 batts for the little guy :)

How the hell I'm I going to fit helis in the rc budget... boats, planes are the major portation then land. Helis now.... damn this rc hobby lol.

Chilli
04-14-2012, 12:45 AM
You'll get a little tail wag. Not the highest quality gyro on that tiny board. Use what ever settings work for you. There might be a 120SR download availble for the DX8. But try binding it to one of your basic fixed wing settings also and see how you like it. The first time I scrolled through the heli settings my head was spinning. LOL

One more little tip. Take an inch or so of silicon cooling hose used on your boat, cut it into four small pieces and place them on the ends on you skids. This will keep the heli from spinning as much on a hard surface when spooling up the motor.

Diesel6401
04-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Went threw 3 batteries this morning hoovering and trimming it out today. As started messing around with different heli setting, your right Nautiboyz, my head was spinning lol. All I'm doing is hoovering making a few adjustement and see how I like it. It could take a long time just setting this thing up to my preferences.

That 450 3D looks awesome! 3s 2200mah lipos, I have a TON of those. Maybe next in line?!? Or that mcpx v2 like BL55 mentioned. I seen some setups on youtube to tam it down a little and help on transitioning to it. May want to go bigger though.

* I'm going to fly this thing stock for a long while, then snag some hop-ups.

Brushless55
04-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Both my eyes are on the 450X!
My MCPx has me ready for a much bigger heli, and should be easier for me now

Went threw 3 batteries this morning hoovering and trimming it out today. As started messing around with different heli setting, your right Nautiboyz, my head was spinning lol. All I'm doing is hoovering making a few adjustement and see how I like it. It could take a long time just setting this thing up to my preferences.

That 450 3D looks awesome! 3s 2200mah lipos, I have a TON of those. Maybe next in line?!? Or that mcpx v2 like BL55 mentioned. I seen some setups on youtube to tam it down a little and help on transitioning to it. May want to go bigger though.

* I'm going to fly this thing stock for a long while, then snag some hop-ups.

It really is such an awesome machine!!
I can fly in 10mph winds with no problems.. another one to consider is the new 130X (that I would get vs the MCPx just for size reason..)

Diesel6401
04-14-2012, 01:34 PM
That 130x looks really cool, but for $30 more u can snag the 450 3D. And the 130x is similar in size to the 120sr. The 450 3D seems priced rather nicely. Big jump to the 450 X... I don't know anything about how a flybar vs a flybarless fly so is it worth the difference? I'm clueless on that. I like the size and looks of the 300x but ouch in cost. I may follow Nautiboyz and when I'm comfy grab the 450 3D. That mcpx does look really fun though on youtube. The msrx looks rather interesting and priced nicely. I have a crap load of those 1s 150mah batteries. It calls for a 25c mine are only 12c, id imagine it will loose a little punch. Anyone ever screw around with the msrx?

H2OCamel
04-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Nice I have several aircraft all electrics. Nice fleet Diesel! I am wanting the Carbon Super cub and the glider when it comes out!!! Who make the A-10 LuckyDuc?

Diesel6401
04-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Nice I have several aircraft all electrics. Nice fleet Diesel! I am wanting the Carbon Super cub and the glider when it comes out!!! Who make the A-10 LuckyDuc?

Thanks! The Carbon Cub looks really good. All these dang HH products making my head spin. I think I'm going to order the new Habu 2 airframe only.

Diesel6401
04-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Less then 24hrs of owning and I'm grounded :(

The ele/pitch control servo was freaking grinding day one, today durning pre-flight (thank goodness not in the air) it started seizing. Gave Horizon a call, 10 minuets later replacement servo on its way :D gotta love customer service. I'm not mad about though, part of the hobby things happen. I think I'm going to swing buy the LHS today and see if they have one in stock, that way I can get back in the asap and when the one from HH comes I'll have a spare!

LuckyDuc
04-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Who makes the A-10 LuckyDuc?
The A-10 is a GWS kit that I glassed with 3/4 oz glass and modified to accommodate Alfa 60mm fans. The one in the picture is the second one I built. Here is a video of what happened to the first one.

bYGDgzCuZO4

BakedMopar
04-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Here are some of mine.

H2OCamel
04-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Nice video LuckyDuc I thought it was the GWS, I had the one of the first ones first ones here in colorado and it never got off the ground :( I have been wanting to build another A-10 since it is one of my favorite jets. I was told the 50mm fans would not fly it at this altitude and the tail was broken off before I got to maiden it. I still have the two fans with the original brushed motors lol.
I have had two other planes fold wings in flight and lawn dart a parkzone firebird extream in a highspeed dive sounded like a Stuka dive bommer it was really cool! and a GWS slowstick pulling a loop to show off for my girl and realized I forgot to add the braces that hold the wings together in my rush to fly it :D

H2OCamel
04-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks! The Carbon Cub looks really good. All these dang HH products making my head spin. I think I'm going to order the new Habu 2 airframe only. I just saw the habu 2 in thunderbird colors very nice looking. Yes I agree with the head spin they have so many things I want, time to sell some of the 18+ boats I have ;-)All the hobby shops near me have the other Habu on the shelves I didn't realize it was discontinued.

LuckyDuc
04-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice video LuckyDuc I thought it was the GWS, I had the one of the first ones first ones here in colorado and it never got off the ground :(

Funny you mention Colorado. I lived in Denver from 2003 - 2008. The A-10 and F-86 video was filmed at Cherry Creek air field. I used to fly there and at Chatfield all of the time. I bet we know each other.

My Avatar photo was taken at Pueblo Motorsport park.

Diesel6401
04-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Here are some of mine.

Looking good buddy! How you like that P-47?

Cheap linear servo on my 120sr crapped, waiting for the replacement from HH. I swung by the lhs and snagged there last linear servo and d.o.a outta the box. Wtf is that about. I think I may either order the whole 5-1 board for spare parts or actually buy a whole extra 120sr that way ill have all the spare parts, extra batt and charger. Not a bad deal imho.

Anyone have a msrX? Looks cool to fly around the house with. Tad smaller then the 120sr.

BakedMopar
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
The P-47 has been great. I've added flaps and retracts. It's a really visually cool plane and relaxing to fly. However I haven't flow it in some time now.

Chilli
04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Cheap linear servo on my 120sr crapped, waiting for the replacement from HH. I swung by the lhs and snagged there last linear servo and d.o.a outta the box. Wtf is that about. I think I may either order the whole 5-1 board for spare parts or actually buy a whole extra 120sr that way ill have all the spare parts, extra batt and charger. Not a bad deal imho.

Sorry about the servo issue. I had one of the motor wires break at the circuit board and the solder joints are so tiny, I ended up screwing up the 5-1. Found one on ebay for about $45 shipped. If you replace the board, be careful not to mess with the ball link rod lengths or you will have a heck of a time getting her to fly right.

I know a few that have the msrx and they love them. They are just a little too small for my liking.

Diesel6401
04-17-2012, 06:36 PM
The P-47 has been great. I've added flaps and retracts. It's a really visually cool plane and relaxing to fly. However I haven't flow it in some time now.

That's awesome! I love a bird with all the works!

Sorry about the servo issue. I had one of the motor wires break at the circuit board and the solder joints are so tiny, I ended up screwing up the 5-1. Found one on ebay for about $45 shipped. If you replace the board, be careful not to mess with the ball link rod lengths or you will have a heck of a time getting her to fly right.

I know a few that have the msrx and they love them. They are just a little too small for my liking.

All good it happens, part of the hobby. I did have to mess with the rods from the linear servo to the swashplate on mine. Out of the box it flew hard right, had to adjust the subtrim to 50L to hover hands-off. So I tweeked it and no issues then the pitch servo locked up. That's a good deal on the 5-1. Heavily leaning towards the new heli though. I can buy one tomorrow or wait another day or so and see if the new servo from HH works ok. If it does ill still have money in the PP for something else and the msrX at $119 seems like a cool bird especially for flying inside the house. It is pretty tiny though.

Diesel6401
04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Got the replacement servo in from HH and looked much MUCH better then the one I got from the LHS, soldered in and she worked like a champ, 120sr takes flight again. Started trying to dial it in while I was in the garage and ran outta room. I'll take it to work with me tomorrow and work on it, I also want to adjust the throttle curve to my liking. Loving the heli stuff though!

Luckyduc that A10 looked amazing man, sorry about your lose on that one.

Diesel6401
04-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Some more pics, this is of my Flyzone Cessna 350 Corvalis. I honestly think thats the best plane for the price I ever bought. It really flies like a dream!

dRjENjJ116Y

Diesel6401
04-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Here's a video of my Blade MQX

fH1YLaoRXLA

HydroMike
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
They do look a little like JAE's. LOL

The Cub is fun to fly but it won't turn worth poop while on the water. It just weather vane's into the wind. Maybe I'll bring it to Delmarva for a little Apres racing fun.there u go chilli boats and planes racing lol I had a super decathlon corn field love it more then I did but was thinking of getting another one loved how it flew

Chilli
04-19-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll bring some planes to the Delmarva race Mike.

Wrecked the 450 this evening. Was doing a nose in hover with the bird pretty far away. Got a little disoriented for a second and that was it. :doh: Damage was not too bad. Two trashed blades, blade holders, a bent fly rod and two striped servo gears. I'll have her back in the air next week.

First race this weekend. Got to get back in boating mode.:thumbup:

HydroMike
04-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Chilli I was wanting u to look at my 21 whip to see what u think of it thanks will see u in a few days

Chilli
04-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Okay Mikey. See you tomorrow. Bring the rain gear.

H2OCamel
04-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Here is my GWS Slow Stick turned into a biplane that I just finished last night. It is a carbonfiber stretch job. I was hoping to maiden it this morning at sunrise but :doh: I left the transmiter on all night LOL. SO maybe this afternoon if the winds ever die down. Diesel great videos!

Diesel6401
04-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks H2O.

Guys gotta problem, I'm getting addicted to helis. Bought a mcpx v2 today. SMH

H2OCamel
04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks H2O.

Guys gotta problem, I'm getting addicted to helis. Bought a mcpx v2 today. SMH

I'm right there with you Diesel! I have 4 blade helicopters and 1 kyosho and 1 thunder tiger 425 converting into a AH-1s as well as 12 planes 15 cars and 30 boats. I need a new garage or to sell some more boats ;)

I also had the winds die down so I could maden my bipe and wow did it ever fly like a dream! very smooth and straight takeoff roll and what a climb rate! flew 20 minutes at half throttle on a 1600 3s battery I am very happy with it. :D

Diesel6401
04-23-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm right there with you Diesel! I have 4 blade helicopters and 1 kyosho and 1 thunder tiger 425 converting into a AH-1s as well as 12 planes 15 cars and 30 boats. I need a new garage or to sell some more boats ;)

I also had the winds die down so I could maden my bipe and wow did it ever fly like a dream! very smooth and straight takeoff roll and what a climb rate! flew 20 minutes at half throttle on a 1600 3s battery I am very happy with it. :D

Thats a HUGE fleet of everything lol. Glad the maiden went good for your, I really wanted to do some heli flying today but the winds where out of control. Hopefully tomorrow. My rc funds are like gone so I had to part ways with some items to get that mcpx. Also getting rid of some boats.

Diesel6401
04-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Picked up a Blade Scout CX couple weeks ago to see if heli’s would be something I would like, I DO:banana:

Couple weeks later (Monday 16th) I added a Blade mCX-2, dam thing has more lights than a xmas tree:biggrin:

Lot harder to fly too, but I'm getting the hang of it. Can't wait to add all the glow-in-the-dark goodies, that should make night flying FUN!! Bunch of xtra batts would be nice too. Once I get it figured out, I'll add a mSR-X to the fleet.

When your retired / disabled and live in an area where it rains all the time, having an indoor heli sure takes away a LOT of boredom.

Guys, if you haven't tried a heli then WTF are you waiting for?? There a hella-va-lot cheaper than boats, and you can fly them in your house (or garage if your married). Blade makes the best micro’s – my entry level Scout has taken an amazing amount of punishment for a $50 heli, and parts are cheap and easy to find for them - main / rotor blades are only $3 a set - yes I've gone through several sets, I won't lie, it's just part of the learning curve.

Go here for more info… http://www.bladehelis.com/Helis/

Now, quit lolly gaggin and GO GET ONE and start having fun!! Be sure to get at least a 1/2 dozen xtra batts and the Celectra 4-port charger, you'll know why if/when you try this hobby.

Diesel, thanks for starting this thread - you are right, this is a great forum and being able to share our other R/C hobbies is cool.

What a great hobby and forum....

When your ready to move from the coaxial helis really check out the 120sr! I've without a doubt been bite by the heli bug. This mcpx is a tiny and angry little s.o.b, def gonna kept me on my toes lol... I need one of those 4 port chargers as well, my little umx planes take those 1s 150mah batts also.

Diesel6401
05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Well I have about 20 flights on my mcpx already lol... I love this little thing! Been working on going inverted and hovering in place while inverted. Very challenging and exciting. Really enjoying the helis. So far after 20 flights cost of repairs is $4! No complaints at all on that! I will need to dump another $10-$15 in her lol....

Brushless55
05-01-2012, 08:59 PM
That's what we want to hear bro!

Diesel6401
05-02-2012, 03:26 PM
That's what we want to hear bro!

This thing takes a beating that's for sure. Love the battery prices on these little micro heli. You can load up for cheap! Hopefully I can get some flying in today!

Brushless55
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
This thing takes a beating that's for sure. Love the battery prices on these little micro heli. You can load up for cheap! Hopefully I can get some flying in today!

I love the prices of the batteries on this little guy
I think I've got about 14 or 15 packs for mine and love it!!
the ones I favor the most right now are the Common Sense packs :thumbup1:

Diesel6401
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Ill check those one out. I like common sense rc, I LOVE their power supplies I have 2 of them!

Diesel6401
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Gotta chance (busy day) to hit the field and took advantage of it. Got 2 flights on my Dynam T-28! Came home and when the old lady wasn't looking got 4 mcpx flights in out back :D

Diesel6401
05-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Are they the Lectron Pro 300mah 35c ?

Brushless55
05-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Are they the Lectron Pro 300mah 35c ?

YES!
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2851

Diesel6401
05-03-2012, 05:06 PM
YES!
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2851

I ordered a 2-pack of these today. I also order a xtreme frame and landing gear. My stock landing gear and frame are pretty beat up already. Honestly amazed they withstood the hard crashes I've had with it. Tough little heli! I also ordered a Xtreme canopy and a xtreme canopy for my 120sr. So I'm going to re-build the mcpx. I'm going to clean the servos and replace the feathering shaft while I'm at it. I get a violent little shake at certain pitch changes then it smoooths out.

Brushless55
05-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I ordered a 2-pack of these today. I also order a xtreme frame and landing gear. My stock landing gear and frame are pretty beat up already. Honestly amazed they withstood the hard crashes I've had with it. Tough little heli! I also ordered a Xtreme canopy and a xtreme canopy for my 120sr. So I'm going to re-build the mcpx. I'm going to clean the servos and replace the feathering shaft while I'm at it. I get a violent little shake at certain pitch changes then it smoooths out.

do you fly idle up?
one thing that helped my little heli was I sprayed WD40 on the bearings and moving parts on the head..

Diesel6401
05-03-2012, 09:20 PM
do you fly idle up?
one thing that helped my little heli was I sprayed WD40 on the bearings and moving parts on the head..

Yea. No matter what flight mode I'm in I always get a bad vib the first 10 seconds of flight. Then when I throttle pump a little it smooths out, I think the feathering shaft is slightly bent. Started doing after a nasty crash.

If these Lectrons are awesome I may snag some 600mah batts for my 120sr and mqx. Surprisngly I get more flight time on my mqx then my 120sr with the same batts.

Chilli
05-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Glad you're having fun with the heli's Diesel. Wait till you move up to a 450. The intimidation factor goes way up. LOL I've had a few ground incursions but so far damage hasnt cost me more that $25 an incident. And that includes a new set of main blades. I'm very confortable hovering the 120 nose in but the 450 just scares the crap out of me. Still loving it though. I've have learned to take it slow and confidence is slowly building. She is much easier to handle in a slight breeze than the 120. I might have to get a mcx2 this winter for some cross training.

Diesel6401
05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Glad you're having fun with the heli's Diesel. Wait till you move up to a 450. The intimidation factor goes way up. LOL I've had a few ground incursions but so far damage hasnt cost me more that $25 an incident. And that includes a new set of main blades. I'm very confortable hovering the 120 nose in but the 450 just scares the crap out of me. Still loving it though. I've have learned to take it slow and confidence is slowly building. She is much easier to handle in a slight breeze than the 120. I might have to get a mcx2 this winter for some cross training.

Having a blast! This little mcpx has some Napleaon syndrome going on lol... I'm loving it. Tough little heli, I've blasted this thing and hit everything in site. Its such an awesome learning heli. Hit something flip it over and keep flying. Got stuck in the tree on the side of my house (twice :rolleyes:) with no damage. Countless times hitting the ground practicing flips and flying inverted with 0 - min damage. Its a must by to learn tricks on!!! I'm getting better at taking off and going straight inverted and hovering inverted eye level or very low to the ground... kind of a rush!

Diesel6401
05-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Ordered parts for both my helis. Nice being able to buy a crap load of hop-up parts for 2 helis for less then $100!

Here's the new canopy for my 120sr.

H2OCamel
05-08-2012, 10:47 AM
I just sold a few boats and picked up my DX8! what a radio! Now to finish my fun cub. Nice canopy Diesel! You can call it the GREEN HORNET?

Brushless55
05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I just sold a few boats and picked up my DX8! what a radio! Now to finish my fun cub. Nice canopy Diesel! You can call it the GREEN HORNET?

you might sell another... or two :tiphat:

Diesel6401
05-08-2012, 09:23 PM

Thanks! Not bad for $10 :D

I use a dx8 and LOVE IT!!! Moved from a dx6i which I also loved, but the 8 is amazing! Since I started flying helis I took the "racheting/clicking" effect out of the throttle/rudder stick. I liked with my planes, but like the smoothness with the helis. Nice you can adjust that! The dx6i was sold either as a heli model "no rachet" or airplane which had the rachet.

Chilli
05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
My DX6i came with a rachet bar but it was not installed. Only took five minutes to get it in.

I broke a ball off the fly bar on the 120. Was thinking of getting an aftermarket CF or metal replacement. Anyone have any thoughts?? Reviews seem to be mixed. Looking for a little more precision on the 120.

H2OCamel
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
you might sell another... or two :tiphat:

Good! How soon shall I bring them over? :sold:
Diesel I upgraded to the DX8 from a DX7 I always buy heli transmiters to be cross-platform :biggrin: so I don't know rachet with throttle. I sure like the feel and balance better than the DX7! and lots of 3 position swithces for lights, flaps, flight stablizer etc.....

BHChieftain
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I fly a Gaui 200 flybar, and a Walkera V120D02S. My son flys MSR and 120SR. My backyard is a small heli wonderland...
8^)

V120D02S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v88Fsi8CA18

Gaui

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URbrOeuGpQc

Chief

Diesel6401
05-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I fly a Gaui 200 flybar, and a Walkera V120D02S. My son flys MSR and 120SR. My backyard is a small heli wonderland...

Chief

How do you like that Walkera V120? I've heard a lot of good things about the Walkera helis.

Diesel6401
05-09-2012, 09:02 PM
New frame, skids, new canopy and tail boom for the mcpx. Figured id share.

H2OCamel
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I like the fast attack heli assult ships!

BHChieftain
05-10-2012, 08:22 AM
How do you like that Walkera V120? I've heard a lot of good things about the Walkera helis.

I have a love/hate relationship with Walkera. The V120D02S (note the S) is a fantastic design. The problem with Walkera is the electronics quality is hit and miss. A lot of people have RX or servo problems (including me). At the moment, there are no other alternatives for a 120 size CP heli, but Blade announced a 120 size CP that is supposed to ship in June ("130" something or other). This will finally get some competition out there.

There are a bunch of other Walkera 120 size models out there-- the V120D02 (shaft driven, precursor to the D02S-- pretty good but not as rugged as the S ), the V120D05 (belt driven, flys like crap), the M120D01 (carbon fiber frame but way too heavy and the RX used in that model does not have very good stabilization).. .they all have a lot of problems. They finally got it right with the V120D02S version.

So in general, I'd be wary of Walkera for any size heli other than the 120 class-- but if you like that size (I think it is the PERFECT size for backyard flying), then the V120D02S is a great bird-- when everything is working...

There are a couple of other Walkera models that have a good reputation-- for fixed pitch the V120D01 is a good heli (I have that one too). It is flybarless fixed pitch and is not a "self stabilizing" design like those with a 45degree flybar, so it is a great trainer for those that want to fly CP. They also have a couple of good 100 micro designs. But they have dozens and dozens of other designs that are just full of problems, and the only way to know which are good or not is to wade thru the support forums...

I also don't like the fact that they use a proprietary RX/TX (and the servo signaling is also proprietary). So you need to buy a Walkera TX as well...

The Gaui200 is a dream heli-- but a lot harder to fly. Gaui discontinued the kits, but still sells the parts for it (their new version is the "X2"-- it is a little larger and is FBL).

Chief

Diesel6401
05-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I like the fast attack heli assult ships!

Thanks!

I have a love/hate relationship with Walkera. The V120D02S (note the S) is a fantastic design. The problem with Walkera is the electronics quality is hit and miss. A lot of people have RX or servo problems (including me). At the moment, there are no other alternatives for a 120 size CP heli, but Blade announced a 120 size CP that is supposed to ship in June ("130" something or other). This will finally get some competition out there.

There are a bunch of other Walkera 120 size models out there-- the V120D02 (shaft driven, precursor to the D02S-- pretty good but not as rugged as the S ), the V120D05 (belt driven, flys like crap), the M120D01 (carbon fiber frame but way too heavy and the RX used in that model does not have very good stabilization).. .they all have a lot of problems. They finally got it right with the V120D02S version.

So in general, I'd be wary of Walkera for any size heli other than the 120 class-- but if you like that size (I think it is the PERFECT size for backyard flying), then the V120D02S is a great bird-- when everything is working...

There are a couple of other Walkera models that have a good reputation-- for fixed pitch the V120D01 is a good heli (I have that one too). It is flybarless fixed pitch and is not a "self stabilizing" design like those with a 45degree flybar, so it is a great trainer for those that want to fly CP. They also have a couple of good 100 micro designs. But they have dozens and dozens of other designs that are just full of problems, and the only way to know which are good or not is to wade thru the support forums...

I also don't like the fact that they use a proprietary RX/TX (and the servo signaling is also proprietary). So you need to buy a Walkera TX as well...

The Gaui200 is a dream heli-- but a lot harder to fly. Gaui discontinued the kits, but still sells the parts for it (their new version is the "X2"-- it is a little larger and is FBL).

Chief

Wow awesome write up and a detailed breakdown on the Walkera heli's. Did you get yours from xheli or wowhobbies? I do like the little v120D02S you have. Been watching some videos on it. Do you have the Devo 7 with yours? I've been looking at the Devo 8 for quiet some time now, but read about some backwards compatibility issues with the walkera tx/rx. Yes Blade did annouce the 130X and looking at the video of this thing it looks amazing! http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=BLH3780 I do have my eyes set on that one as well. I like the fact with the Blade Helis and most HH products that parts are normally available from many sources including the LHS which is one thing that scares me with the Walkera is if parts are easy to obtain. I've read good things about the Gaui heli's.

BHChieftain
05-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks!

Wow awesome write up and a detailed breakdown on the Walkera heli's. Did you get yours from xheli or wowhobbies? I do like the little v120D02S you have. Been watching some videos on it. Do you have the Devo 7 with yours? I've been looking at the Devo 8 for quiet some time now, but read about some backwards compatibility issues with the walkera tx/rx. Yes Blade did annouce the 130X and looking at the video of this thing it looks amazing! http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=BLH3780 I do have my eyes set on that one as well. I like the fact with the Blade Helis and most HH products that parts are normally available from many sources including the LHS which is one thing that scares me with the Walkera is if parts are easy to obtain. I've read good things about the Gaui heli's.

I like to buy mine from Clubheli, but they are frequently out of stock. I also use WOW hobbies.

Devo7 is very difficult to program-- crappy interface. I use a Devo8 which is a pretty nice TX (don't bother with the 8S, which has telemetry). All Devo TX units (including Devo 7) are not backwards compatible with old Walkera RXs. Walkera is transitioning to Devo format so if you pick up a new one you definately want a Devo unit.

Here are setup instructions and a video I made for that bird:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=3699342#post3699342

I have not seen the Blade 130 in real life, but the other benefit of Blade helis is you can use a Spektrum TX...

Chief

Diesel6401
05-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I like to buy mine from Clubheli, but they are frequently out of stock. I also use WOW hobbies.

Devo7 is very difficult to program-- crappy interface. I use a Devo8 which is a pretty nice TX (don't bother with the 8S, which has telemetry). All Devo TX units (including Devo 7) are not backwards compatible with old Walkera RXs. Walkera is transitioning to Devo format so if you pick up a new one you definately want a Devo unit.

Here are setup instructions and a video I made for that bird:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=3699342#post3699342

I have not seen the Blade 130 in real life, but the other benefit of Blade helis is you can use a Spektrum TX...

Chief

The devo 8 is a very sweet looking radio. The backeard-compatibilty sucks though. I wonder why they didn't keep the similar programming with the other devo radios. That 130x is amazing!!!! Looking at least, hopefully they are released in a decent time frame. I have been waiting on HH to release this dang umx mig15, been months of waiting and I'm getting close to cancelling my order (sadly).

On a positive note I ordered my first Heli Kit... I bought a EXI 450 Pro from Xheli.com and I
m looking forward to building it.

BakedMopar
05-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Not sure if your a member at Helifreak, but I would recommend you to sign up and watch the Finless Bob instructional videos. It will help alot building and setting up that Exi 450. I have the Align version and thats what I learned most of my flying with.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

BHChieftain
05-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Not sure if your a member at Helifreak, but I would recommend you to sign up and watch the Finless Bob instructional videos. It will help alot building and setting up that Exi 450. I have the Align version and thats what I learned most of my flying with.

+1 on that. I learned everything I needed to know watching Finless Bob's video series...

Chief

Diesel6401
05-20-2012, 07:10 PM

+1 on that. I learned everything I needed to know watching Finless Bob's video series...

Chief

I keep hearing about that guy from numerous forums, all good things! I did sign up for helifreak a few weeks back, have a thread overthere on what to buy to build a clone which is how I ended up picking the exi450 pro. With so many different clones and different ways to set them up my head started to spin. Xheli has a 8 video build series on youtube for the exi and finless bob has a 450 Pro build series also, so between the 2 I have a lot of videos to watch. I'm going to leave this one flybar for now, then I plan on building another 450 but FBL.

Chilli
05-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Keep us updated of the build Diesel. I have a EXI 450 Pro with a shaft tail rotor I bought from a guy on OSE. I pulled all the budget electronics out and once boating season is over, I plan on puting it back together. One thing I like about this heli is parts compatibility with with TREX 450 pro. I may go flybarless with this bird. I'm getting more confident with the Blade 450 3D but it just takes allot of stick time.

Diesel6401
05-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Keep us updated of the build Diesel. I have a EXI 450 Pro with a shaft tail rotor I bought from a guy on OSE. I pulled all the budget electronics out and once boating season is over, I plan on puting it back together. One thing I like about this heli is parts compatibility with with TREX 450 pro. I may go flybarless with this bird. I'm getting more confident with the Blade 450 3D but it just takes allot of stick time.

Will do! I purchased the pro with the belt drive. I read they're more durable then the TT style and my heli skills aren't the best at all. Here's my thread http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=415998 feel free to follow since you'll be in the same boat... I mean heli :)

Glad your liking the Blade 450 3D I really like that bird. I have the servos and esc selected, just need to purchase next paycheck. Motor I'm really debating on. I could do a budget turnigy motor that is very popular for this size heli or pay a extra $25 and get a Leopard 450 size outrunner. I'm a leopard fan. I may just stick the Turnigy in this heli and use the Leopard when I build my 450FBL. I also have everything selected for it lol. I'm waaaay ahead of myself.

Diesel6401
06-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Got some coooool video today

h5us_akqBOo

tryinotocrash
06-17-2012, 11:56 PM
792307923179229 I have been into airplanes for many years and they started to take over :doh: I thought I could get by with a boat or two but I think I may have hoarding issues, I have six airplanes running on two stroke gas and oil mix,love the smell. Nitro planes and electrics as well good stuff. If you need another T-rex 450 pro I bought one of those and never flew it. I would trade it for another boat or some boat goodies:banana: Addicted to toys :help:

Brushless55
06-18-2012, 01:37 AM
792307923179229 I have been into airplanes for many years and they started to take over :doh: I thought I could get by with a boat or two but I think I may have hoarding issues, I have six airplanes running on two stroke gas and oil mix,love the smell. Nitro planes and electrics as well good stuff. If you need another T-rex 450 pro I bought one of those and never flew it. I would trade it for another boat or some boat goodies:banana: Addicted to toys :help:

Nice stuff bro!

Diesel6401
06-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Your plane are small. I think you need bigger!!!

Just kididng. Those are truly amazing. What's the blue bi-plane (e-flite)?

Very nice!

tryinotocrash
06-19-2012, 12:06 AM
That one is actually purple just dosent show well. It is a 50cc aeroworks Ultimate. It is not made in that scheme anymore that I have seen.

christena.schecher
06-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Nice videos, will try to post my vids here soon!

madmorgan
06-26-2012, 05:14 AM
hey diesel if you need any help on that heli gimme a holler i can answer pretty much any questions you have the head is probably the biggest part and getting a good mechanical setup will keep you from pulling hair out. finless makes great vids and they are pretty straight forward. as far as going fbl thats a whole other can of worms , what to adjust and when to adjust. im still learning on a few of mine , my trex 600 has the mikado 5.0 blue box, and i was going to install a skookum 360 on my blade 400 but theres really no room so im thinking it will go on the trex 500. as far as tt or belt , theres way to much controversy on that as both my trex's have tt and my gazaur's ,blade 400's have belt. i can tell you belt is cheaper in a crash but tt is definately quicker to replace as well as easier. some also say that tt has less stress on the drive , however finding a straight one is proving difficult for most lol. i will offer you this advice and you can use it if you want but i would buy the align bolt kit for that exi i personally still have a 250 and had a 450 , gave it to my brother but the bolts r junk! also when it comes to main shafts,feather shafts , bearings , and tail shafts align is the only way to go.

madmorgan
06-26-2012, 05:16 AM
hey tryin not to crash anything boat wise your looking for ? im about to the point where im wanting to get rid of my electrics and stick with my gassers. we may be able to work out a trade there.

Hor2012
06-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey guys I know this is prob the wrong place but I have a trex 500 rtf for sale or trade

Diesel6401
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Did a version 2 on my eye in the sky setup...

mNepmXfcbD0

madmorgan
06-27-2012, 10:51 AM
i hate to say it hor but if its the one for 1200 thats way to pricey as people sell trex 600 and 700's fbl's for that price heck i got a 500 a few months ago with awesome servos , castle ice 75 and spartan quark with 3 batts for 450.

Diesel6401
06-27-2012, 01:48 PM
i hate to say it hor but if its the one for 1200 thats way to pricey as people sell trex 600 and 700's fbl's for that price heck i got a 500 a few months ago with awesome servos , castle ice 75 and spartan quark with 3 batts for 450.

Clone or Authentic?

Diesel6401
06-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Here's a video I made on how I converted my dx8 to a 2s lipo balance plug for power. I was really un-happy with the amount of charge time I took for my stock battery to charge and how even if charged for 12+ hours had lousy battery life. I then looked at buying the upgrade lipo from Spektrum until I seen the price. I'm sure this has been done several times, this is just how I did it and thought I would share.

0h2g5GAzrDA

madmorgan
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
real align helis i dont want to start a *!***!***!***!**e storm here but the problem i have which most would is you can get brand new in box align kits 500 series for 450 to 550 depending on where you buy. his heli is nothing special its all align electronics and everyone knows their servo arent the best in the world the motors just barely get the job done.as a matter of fact the 500's are known as lipo killers so if you run the stock setup plan on seeing you lipos puff. heck you can buy a brand new 500 pro v2 fbl for 789 bucks shipped. th fact that its put together already really means nothing as anyone that is smart if they bought it would rip it apart and make sure its loc tighted and assembled correctly. all im trying to say is i dont see where 1200 dollars comes into play. i dont think the radio is 400 dollars. as a matter of fact i bought my 600 from a guy on rcu i paid 1150 for it and when he said he had well over 3200 invested he didnt lie everything on it was top of the line. this is why when i seen his ad i said good luck.

christena.schecher
07-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Assembling RC plane mode80146

Diesel6401
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
After months and months of waiting she's been released!!!

My 30th B-Day was Friday and my friends and family loaded me up!

E-Flite umx Mig 15 w/ as3x

Diesel6401
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Another birthday gift.

Blade 450x

BakedMopar
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Here's a few of my newest of the fleet. Logo 600 and Logo 400

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/15cf773e.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/f88a3db4.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/fdc40e67.jpg

madmorgan
07-02-2012, 08:35 PM
im getting a gaui 550 trading it straight up for one of the traxxas summits i dont drive at all any more. i would like to hear about that 450x diesel. i wont buy eflight since i got the blade 400 (cheap parts to try and compete) . they are decently priced except for that x which is way over priced for what it is . but i hear the beast x is in the top 5 for ease of adjustment. heck its probably in the top 3. but i learned from the blade 400 that horizons servos and the ungodly gyro they had on the stocker that they were out to make as much profit on their units as they could. get some orange on the tail and on them skids that blue will blend in with trees believe it or not.

BakedMopar
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
The beastx and Ar7200bx are fantastic units. I have had both. Even though i fly V-bar exclusively now i would not hesitate to use it again.

As for the Blade 400x, I have not flown one myself but a friend has one that i helped him setup the FBL unit. He says its not even comparable to his old blade 400. Unfortunately hes on the other side of the island. Maybe next time I meet up with him I can get a flight in. Last time I spoke to him he said he had around a 100 flights and everything was still going strong.

madmorgan
07-02-2012, 11:15 PM
well the price definately reflects then as the b400 stock servos would strip in mid flight. i was also amazed that they actually used carbon fiber frames and not the cheap plastic. i have a mikado 5.0 blue on my trex 600. i picked up a skookum 360 i was trying to fit on the fully upgraded b400 but no room so its either going to see the trex 500 or maybe this 550 im getting ahold of.

Brushless55
07-03-2012, 11:37 AM
After months and months of waiting she's been released!!!

My 30th B-Day was Friday and my friends and family loaded me up!

E-Flite umx Mig 15 w/ as3x

Another birthday gift.

Blade 450x

Right on bro!
Happy Birthday... :biggrin:
I went to my favorite store on Saturday (where I get stuff for good prices) to buy the new Carbon Cub or the Mig 15, but he was all out!
so I picked this up for about $50 less than hobbbytown, I put flaps on it and she is ready to go :rockon2:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/2012-06-3016_17_27.jpg

Diesel6401
07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
O nice! Is that the PKZ P-47?

Diesel6401
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Here's my Mig15 maiden

Iu77t-oA7z4

Brushless55
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
O nice! Is that the PKZ P-47?

yes it is..
added a 10x7 prop and I have right at 130watts p/lb
the esc is rated for 4s and on that I have 220watts p/lb

Here's my Mig15 maiden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu77t-oA7z4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

very cool man!
still will get one when they come in...

BakedMopar
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I got the same bird. It's a nice plane. I put flaps and retracts on it. I haven't flow mine in over 3 months.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/9c501d45.jpg

Brushless55
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I got the same bird. It's a nice plane. I put flaps and retracts on it. I haven't flow mine in over 3 months.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/9c501d45.jpg

very nice!
what prop are you flying with?
and have you flown on 4s?

BakedMopar
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
No only three cell. I believe it's an APC 10x7. I don't have a big field to fly at so I don't have the need for speed. I have it listed for sale locally for $120 BNF and no one even showed any interest.

Diesel6401
07-03-2012, 08:31 PM
No only three cell. I believe it's an APC 10x7. I don't have a big field to fly at so I don't have the need for speed. I have it listed for sale locally for $120 BNF and no one even showed any interest.

Crazy it's such a sexy bird. Guy at my field has one and it looks awesome in the air.

Fixed-wing not working for you Baked?

Diesel6401
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
im getting a gaui 550 trading it straight up for one of the traxxas summits i dont drive at all any more. i would like to hear about that 450x diesel. i wont buy eflight since i got the blade 400 (cheap parts to try and compete) . they are decently priced except for that x which is way over priced for what it is . but i hear the beast x is in the top 5 for ease of adjustment. heck its probably in the top 3. but i learned from the blade 400 that horizons servos and the ungodly gyro they had on the stocker that they were out to make as much profit on their units as they could. get some orange on the tail and on them skids that blue will blend in with trees believe it or not.

I just bought a new tail servo. Hitec HSG-5084. I've never been a fan of E-Flite or PKZ servo's. Motor/esc and all important customer support are normally awesome though. I'll replace the cyclic servos eventually. This is a bad-a$$ heli, I can't wait to get better and open up the flight envelope. The 130x dropped, having QC issues with it already, but my buddy bought one and is going to let me fly it. I'm thinking of placing the 120sr and mcpx v2 up for sale to snag one.

BakedMopar
07-03-2012, 08:46 PM
I know right?

It's more of a field thing. It requires more real estate. I don't need to go far to fly my helis. It's also much easier to take around too. I still have one fixed wing. A Tech One Venus. Fun plane, cheap and easy to fix best of all even a small baseball field is more than enough.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/7bcb3b6d.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/cfa9ac69.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/48f0aa39.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/3ae634ef.jpg

madmorgan
07-04-2012, 04:43 AM
the thing about the mcpx is it is almost unbreakable and i will use mine as a sacraficial lamb before any of the bigger birds. so you changed out the tail servo on that 450 x already ? any particular reason why i thought they got their game together on this one ? does the tail blow out ?

Diesel6401
07-04-2012, 08:46 AM
the thing about the mcpx is it is almost unbreakable and i will use mine as a sacraficial lamb before any of the bigger birds. so you changed out the tail servo on that 450 x already ? any particular reason why i thought they got their game together on this one ? does the tail blow out ?

Yea the mcpx is a tough little bird, kinda why I wanted the 130x but it's having some QC issues. The 300x is suppose to be released July 19th in the States. It's already released overseas. Containers are stock in Cali in customs and todays the 4th so nothing is prob getting done.

No blowout, just an annoying tail wag I've been trying to solve. I was reading thread after thread at Helifreak and guys replaced the tail servo with a better one and it eliminated the wag so I figured wth may as well. I normally replace servo's anyway in certain setups. I never was a fan of the e-flite servo's so this is just starting a process I would have done eventually anyway. The heli itself is amazing, I wouldn't consider the tail servo needing replaced a deal breaker by any means. I can't wait until I get better at flying. This is the bird I'm going to learn the most from I believe! The 450 3D also looks like an amazing value and heli.

Brushless55
07-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Yea the mcpx is a tough little bird, kinda why I wanted the 130x but it's having some QC issues. The 300x is suppose to be released July 19th in the States. It's already released overseas. Containers are stock in Cali in customs and todays the 4th so nothing is prob getting done.

No blowout, just an annoying tail wag I've been trying to solve. I was reading thread after thread at Helifreak and guys replaced the tail servo with a better one and it eliminated the wag so I figured wth may as well. I normally replace servo's anyway in certain setups. I never was a fan of the e-flite servo's so this is just starting a process I would have done eventually anyway. The heli itself is amazing, I wouldn't consider the tail servo needing replaced a deal breaker by any means. I can't wait until I get better at flying. This is the bird I'm going to learn the most from I believe! The 450 3D also looks like an amazing value and heli.

What are the QC isues you are reading about?

Diesel6401
07-04-2012, 09:52 AM
What are the QC isues you are reading about?

Majority are tail issues. The tail servos aren't secured to the frame, are failing out of the box and some guys tail area has cracks or is broken. Now their are main rotor blade issues when they're seperating in flight or coming out of the blade grips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZQSeTdn-s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Brushless55
07-04-2012, 10:08 AM
dang, that's not good!

Diesel6401
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
dang, that's not good!

I've read most of it from this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1631872 but the cracked/broken tail pieces and blade seperation I read in seperate thread at HeliFreak.

BakedMopar
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
That 130x looks to be promising when they get thier act together. All first runs are bound to some issues though. I'm too g to get one after a few runs. I hope that servo works out for you on the 450x.

Diesel6401
07-18-2012, 05:04 PM
After flying my friends 130x I def hope a V2 is to follow. Its a cool little heli...

Keep in mind I've only been flying helis since April, so I really suck.

-U647IkWo40

Brushless55
07-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Has anyone seen the new heli HK has out?
Ide post a link but I'm outabout...
Its like the Blade 130x but with a computer radio for less than $200 shipped...

And ill watch your vid when I get home Dale

Diesel6401
07-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Has anyone seen the new heli HK has out?
Ide post a link but I'm outabout...
Its like the Blade 130x but with a computer radio for less than $200 shipped...

And ill watch your vid when I get home Dale

Is that the HK100? I read it, seems identical to a mcpx unless they have something else out on top of that.

Brushless55
07-18-2012, 05:41 PM
They do buddy! ;)

Diesel6401
07-18-2012, 05:42 PM
They do buddy! ;)

O man... gotta go on HK's site.

Brushless55
07-18-2012, 09:03 PM
O man... gotta go on HK's site.

Solo Pro 180
runs on 1s vs 2s
680mah battery vs 300mah for the blade heli
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19371__Solo_PRO_180_3G_Flybarless_3D_Micro_Helic opter_Red_AUS_Plug_RTF_.html

Diesel6401
07-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Solo Pro 180
runs on 1s vs 2s
680mah battery vs 300mah for the blade heli
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19371__Solo_PRO_180_3G_Flybarless_3D_Micro_Helic opter_Red_AUS_Plug_RTF_.html

O man, that looks awesome! I like the fact it doesn't have linear servos. I wonder if you could swap to a different rx.. looks good!

*Update:
Did some digging, looks like its a nine eagles product. http://www.helipal.com/nine-eagles-solo-pro-180-red-2-4ghz-edition.html

Brushless55
07-20-2012, 12:27 AM
very good find man!
and the rx you can swap for one that works with your radio...

Diesel6401
07-20-2012, 04:53 PM
very good find man!
and the rx you can swap for one that works with your radio...

Thread at RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453101&highlight=nine+eagl+solo+180+pro&page=49

Diesel6401
07-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Couple vids:

Dynam AT6
9o6EClWpxKs

Blade 450x
AC9bDay46f0

Diesel6401
07-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Got another 450x vid. This one I was practicing inverted. Slowly getting better. I changed out that crappy stock tail servo and what a difference. Now I'm having another issue though, my motor is making this awful squeal. Found out its a common motor issue with the 440H e-flite motors. Man HH is slipping hard. 130x big issues, 300x & 400x similar issues with servos, carbon cub servo issues. Crazy, but I still love them. I called and the motor I need is on back order, they'll send me a new one when they get them. Boco bearings will fix the issue, but for the price may as well buy a different motor.

eNNWi0GWQqg

stadiumyamaha
07-30-2012, 10:29 AM
What a heli geek. Vids look good man. A lot better than the guy that flys in the park next to my house. He's seems to spend more time picking up parts and digging him heli out of the trees than flying.

Brushless55
07-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Got another 450x vid. This one I was practicing inverted. Slowly getting better. I changed out that crappy stock tail servo and what a difference. Now I'm having another issue though, my motor is making this awful squeal. Found out its a common motor issue with the 440H e-flite motors. Man HH is slipping hard. 130x big issues, 300x & 400x similar issues with servos, carbon cub servo issues. Crazy, but I still love them. I called and the motor I need is on back order, they'll send me a new one when they get them. Boco bearings will fix the issue, but for the price may as well buy a different motor.

eNNWi0GWQqg

Looks good man!
have you tried soaking the motor with WD40?

and what issues are they having with the 300x? :sad:

Diesel6401
07-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Looks good man!
have you tried soaking the motor with WD40?

and what issues are they having with the 300x? :sad:

No I didn't. I read a nice thread at HF about it. Bearings in the motor are rubbish. The 300x just has servo issues, same servos that are used in the 450 3D and the 450x and both those have issues as well. The cyclics aren't terrible, but they aren't great either (crash and the gears are destroyed. Replacement gears are $2), but the tail servo is really weak. I replaced my tail servo on my 450x and got the wag to go away. I want a 300x.

Here's a side by side comparison vid I did.

8nomzKbvKuw

Diesel6401
07-31-2012, 12:58 AM
What a heli geek. Vids look good man. A lot better than the guy that flys in the park next to my house. He's seems to spend more time picking up parts and digging him heli out of the trees than flying.

Lol....

I've been their before! I've rescued my mcpx from a few trees and from my roof.... as well as my basketball hoop lol

Theirs a heli stuck in that net lol :rolleyes:

Diesel6401
07-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Got my new Fusuno Canopy in today!

Brushless55
07-31-2012, 01:46 AM
After watching your cool video, it reminded me of the way my friend sets up his helis and set up my Trex600
he uses tape that alows him to pick up the heli by the gyro.. if it rips off, its not on good enough
something he does with all his helis is a very well mounted gyro.. like you said it makes a big difference:tiphat:

bill34207
08-26-2012, 08:13 AM
I had never noticed this thread until this morning. (with tropical storm / hurricane Isaac coming we're not playing boats today).
This is one of my prouder RC modeling accomplishments. A true one of a kind "scratch" build of a pretty good sized EDF. Just a hair over 60" long with a wingspan of around 42". Powered by a 100 mm fan with Scorpion 3026-1400 running 8s. It's a few years old now but still alive.

http://youtu.be/YYmN2tMACsg

YYmN2tMACsg

Brushless55
08-27-2012, 12:00 AM
WOW!
nice job Bill

Diesel6401
08-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Bill that's freaking awesome! Amazing job. Looked great in the air also. :thumbup:

Samsung Galaxy III via Tapatalk

bill34207
08-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks Brushless & Diesel. Here's a little someting else from my "jet junkie" days. A 1/12 Tamjets F-16 that was good for around 150 mph flat & level. Wing loading made pretty much every landing a controlled crash though. It landed around 40 in a near stall. I don't have this one any more, sold it a year or so ago. In the video the landing approach speed doesn't look that fast until it touches down and starts rolling. This model had wheel brakes on it (and needed them)

http://youtu.be/Nhybk_xMsvk

Nhybk_xMsvk

Brushless55
08-29-2012, 01:08 PM
what size of EDF is in that F-16?

bill34207
08-29-2012, 01:25 PM
what size of EDF is in that F-16?

That one was equipped with a 90 mm Schubler DS-54 (or something like that) HDT fan. Motor was a Neu 1515 (think it was a 1.5Y) and running 12s lipo. (3 x 4s 3700 ma packs in series) Small airframe, only about 48" long and was close to 10 lbs when loaded with batts.

bill34207
08-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Here's some video of my latest flying machine, shot earlier this evening. These are a new experience for me.

http://youtu.be/4sKfkDDzew8

4sKfkDDzew8

bill34207
09-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Diesel, I know you want one of these. For a $120 "plug n fly" complete with electric retracts, it's hard to beat.
Maidened mine today. Vid is the 2nd flight I greased the landing on the maiden (after finally getting it airborne) so of course had to bounce the one caugt on video. :doh:

http://youtu.be/UIzS6ShPMW0

UIzS6ShPMW0

Diesel6401
09-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Diesel, I know you want one of these. For a $120 "plug n fly" complete with electric retracts, it's hard to beat.
Maidened mine today. Vid is the 2nd flight I greased the landing on the maiden (after finally getting it airborne) so of course had to bounce the one caugt on video. :doh:

http://youtu.be/UIzS6ShPMW0

UIzS6ShPMW0

Yea my buddy just got one a few weeks ago and I got to fly it. Really cool looking plane and a great price.

S3 iPhone killer via Tapatalk

Diesel6401
09-08-2012, 11:57 AM
That quad looks really cool Bill. I thought about building one. Right now I've been screwing with gyro and stability systems on planes.

Here's my 800mm T28 with a 3-axis i86ap stability system from HK
X6JML4PH1r8

Here's my E-Flite mini pulse xt w/ a heli gyro on the rudder.
Bj60UCeAMus

Diesel6401
09-08-2012, 12:28 PM
This is what happens when you have the lvc set to hard and your inverted lol.

fr9YGUM4RMI

CHIEFY_44
09-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi guys, just a heads up on the x300 it does have a problem and its a biggy they are breaking mainshafts, other than that its working great, my friend has one and loves it but has broken 2 mainshafts, the first was after a crash, the second om normal flight about 6inches off the ground.
To another matter I have a align 450 pro v2 3gx I would like to sell, the bird has flown no more than 12 times, it has 2 sat receivers and a castle 50amp phoenix ice esc, and the metal tail servo mount, the reason it has a different esc is I do not like align esc's. I would like in the region of $400 posted.

Brushless55
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi guys, just a heads up on the x300 it does have a problem and its a biggy they are breaking mainshafts, other than that its working great, my friend has one and loves it but has broken 2 mainshafts, the first was after a crash, the second om normal flight about 6inches off the ground.
To another matter I have a align 450 pro v2 3gx I would like to sell, the bird has flown no more than 12 times, it has 2 sat receivers and a castle 50amp phoenix ice esc, and the metal tail servo mount, the reason it has a different esc is I do not like align esc's. I would like in the region of $400 posted.

any pictures of the 450?

I know a shop that sells the 300x for only $300 and thought about that heli, but broken mainshafts does not sound like a good thing...

CHIEFY_44
09-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Hi right now I don't have any pics of the 450, I will get some taken and try to post them for you, if I can remember how to post them. If you are interested maybe I can email them to you direct ?,let me know.

bill34207
09-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Tried my hand at shooting video of some planes from an aerial platform today. (GoPro on my quad but no FPV feed) If you go full screen on a big monitor you can see him once and a while. :olleyes:
There is some good footage of where I fly though. SRQ is a nice facility.

http://youtu.be/0sq6q47WoMk

0sq6q47WoMk

Tried one with a HobbyPartz "dice cam" too. I like it's narrower field of view (120* compared to 170* on the GoPro) but the video quality sucks in comparison. :cursing:

http://youtu.be/lNlisboNBqY

lNlisboNBqY

Brushless55
09-16-2012, 09:50 PM
I am seriously considering buying one of these quads for Aerial Photography business... :biggrin:
http://onlyflyingmachines.com/product/ofm-650-v4-professional/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=8X9dV5NghB4

bill34207
09-17-2012, 05:44 AM
I am seriously considering buying one of these quads for Aerial Photography business... :biggrin:
http://onlyflyingmachines.com/product/ofm-650-v4-professional/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=8X9dV5NghB4

The Wookong M is the "Cadillac" of flight controls for sure. Really pricey though. I plan to add the GPS upgrade to the Naza in to mine sometimes soon.

Diesel6401
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
DJI makes some awesome goodies for quads. Bangood has a lot of quad goods.

Brushless55
09-18-2012, 10:32 PM
any links to some good quads to fly a Canon camera?

Brushless55
10-04-2012, 11:22 PM
new member to my family..
UM Spitfire
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/20121001_121437.jpg

bill34207
10-05-2012, 08:11 AM
One of my friends just got the new E-Flite plug n fly spit complete with electric retracts. His flies great, hope your's does too.

Diesel6401
10-05-2012, 08:25 AM
One of my friends just got the new E-Flite plug n fly spit complete with electric retracts. His flies great, hope your's does too.

I didn't know they (E-Flite) has a new Spitfire. I've been eying up the large E-Flite Hawker Hurricane. That looks awesome.

Diesel6401
10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
new member to my family..
UM Spitfire
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/20121001_121437.jpg

Nice. Hows it fly?

You see the new Sbach V2 with AS3X? http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLU4950

I've got my eye on the new nano cp-x. That little thing looks awesome. 3 of by friends have them and love them.

Diesel6401
10-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Last time I went flying was 3 weeks ago and I crashed a bipe and a 450x.

I haven't had much of any r/c time. Lots going on. Finally started my 450x rebuild and I picked up a 2nd from a friend for a really good price. The one I crashed is in the back.

My fusuno canopy is pretty bad. Last few days I've finally been able to work on it.

So far I've:
- repaired the skids
- repaired the frame
- new gears (main & tail)
- new servo gears (pitch servo)
- hitec is replacing my tail servo which fried, should be here next week.
- new main shaft
- new boom
- new feathering spindle

Ill need to add new main blades and I'm waiting on a flybarless link. I have new skids and main frame, but the breaks where clean and easy to repair with some good epoxy. On the main frame I installed some popsicle stick doublers on the side. Seems good.

bill34207
10-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I didn't know they (E-Flite) has a new Spitfire. I've been eying up the large E-Flite Hawker Hurricane. That looks awesome.

I guess it's actually a Park Zone. (same difference to me) http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/spitfire-mk-ix-pnp-PKZ5775

Diesel6401
10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I guess it's actually a Park Zone. (same difference to me) http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/spitfire-mk-ix-pnp-PKZ5775

Yea its a good looking bird. The new PKZ corsair looks very good as well. I don't like the drop tanks in it, but they're removable.

Brushless55
10-05-2012, 10:24 AM
sorry mine is the micro with the as3x
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/Spitradio.jpg

Brushless55
10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Nice. Hows it fly?

You see the new Sbach V2 with AS3X? http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLU4950

I've got my eye on the new nano cp-x. That little thing looks awesome. 3 of by friends have them and love them.

the as3x is pretty cool I will say...
feels like is a little bigger in the air but this thing lacks power so it feels sluggish to me while in the air..
not sure if I would buy it again...

I will be getting the new Sbach 3D!
I love my V1 and with the as3x + $40 cheaper, its a winner for me!
may have to try one of those nano cp-x if your friends say they love them..
didn't impress me in the box, but maybe when flying..

bill34207
10-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I've did another clip for comparisons of the different capture settings of the Hobby King HD wing cam today. Flying with my Hover Things FPV quad it looks as if I need to do a little better job of balancing my props, but will eventually get all the "jello" effect taken care of.
Other than that, I'm really very impressed with the video quality. This video starts at the 720P60 setting, then to 720P30, followed by 1080P30 and Full HD30. It's a little longer than I originally intended at 7 minutes but it took a little over the anticipated 90 seconds on each setting to get up to altitude, make a pass or two and back down again.
I like this camera. :thumbup1:

http://youtu.be/yx8JWX6n22s

yx8JWX6n22s

bill34207
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Went down to SRQ this morning and flew. Shot a few vids as well. Couple of nice warbirds but since they were not electric....

I did get this of a couple of EDF's flying (shot from the ground with my handheld)
http://youtu.be/NGL1Fn2bd2E

NGL1Fn2bd2E

And made an attempt at shooting a little 3D foamy from the HT-FPV aerial platform with the HK wing cam at Full HD30.
http://youtu.be/5rJJZ5KCoCk

5rJJZ5KCoCk

Diesel6401
10-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Flew my nano cpx today. Really cool heli.

Bill gotta link to that camera.

bill34207
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Not bad video for the price D. About 1/3 the price of a hero 2. And lots lighter.
Here's a link to the cam. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25656__HD_Wing_Camera_II_Full_HD_1920x1080P_30FP S.html

Brushless55
10-09-2012, 09:07 PM

just walked in the door with mine!
Off to my ladies to see her and her kids, and taking this with me to setup over at her house :biggrin:
it was only $5 more RTR at my favorite special place than Hobbytown's BnF version :tt2:
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/20121009_184812.jpg

Diesel6401
10-10-2012, 10:41 PM
just walked in the door with mine!
Off to my ladies to see her and her kids, and taking this with me to setup over at her house :biggrin:
it was only $5 more RTR at my favorite special place than Hobbytown's BnF version :tt2:
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/20121009_184812.jpg

Hells yea. Put the FFF blades for better performance. I've crashed this thing so hard already lol. Tough little sob!

Pretty sure my Trex 500 would eat this thing and act like nothing happened LOL.

Brushless55
10-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Will do on the FFF blades!
need more pop to it
mine does not punch out like my mCPX

bill34207
10-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Shot some more video with the Hobby King HD wing cam today at Wattfest. It was windy enough to be "challenging" and actually got some pretty good footage (even if by accident) :olleyes:
Shot at 720P 60 resolution then rendered as HD 1080P 60 wmv for upload
http://youtu.be/-mNtBjlxwsE

-mNtBjlxwsE

Just to give an idea of how windy it was, here's my Hobby King Vampire. Check out the "Harrier" landing. :biggrin:
http://youtu.be/DnQeelMPXJ4

DnQeelMPXJ4

Brushless55
10-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Got my new Sbach 3D
This as3x thing for planes is a little over rated for me...

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/20121020_164348.jpg

bill34207
10-21-2012, 05:57 PM
I saw someting in person today that you'd like Brushless55
http://youtu.be/UDDQLIsmoUM

UDDQLIsmoUM

Cooper
10-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Great next step is the blade mcpx, it's small enough to play with indoors but will give you all the inverted flight you want. The sr is probably the better choice to learn with. But the mcpx is cheaper on repairs than a full size 450.
The boating season is slowly comming to an end for me so now I pretty much get into flying over winter. Last year I bought some "back pack" edf's and wow they are a blast. Anyone else have any skyangels mini edf's? I put an eagle tree flight stabilizer into one and again wow, really opens the window of flight up, can fly in some pretty good wind! And I would recommend for anyone starting and even experienced pilots. Yes good to hear some others in the air. I have always wanted to get some floats for some water landings but I don't have a suitable plane(yet :))

Brushless55
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I saw someting in person today that you'd like Brushless55
http://youtu.be/UDDQLIsmoUM

UDDQLIsmoUM

you are right!
thanks for posting

Diesel6401
10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Ive crashed and burned about 5 sky angle 50mm edfs. Airframes are only $22 from HK. I'm wicked powered! I fly those like I stole them!

Crashed my trex 500 and blade 450x today. The trex had a brand new pair of blades that cracked in flight. Crazy! Landing skids and servo gears in that. Then my ar7200bx took a crap it was being a pain to bind, finally binded and about 2 minutes of FFF went into fail safe and I lost all signal. Skids and tail boom on it. Luckily I escaped with minimal damage on both. Glad I've build a nice spare part supply for both lol.

Brushless55
10-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Ive crashed and burned about 5 sky angle 50mm edfs. Airframes are only $22 from HK. I'm wicked powered! I fly those like I stole them!

Crashed my trex 500 and blade 450x today. The trex had a brand new pair of blades that cracked in flight. Crazy! Landing skids and servo gears in that. Then my ar7200bx took a crap it was being a pain to bind, finally binded and about 2 minutes of FFF went into fail safe and I lost all signal. Skids and tail boom on it. Luckily I escaped with minimal damage on both. Glad I've build a nice spare part supply for both lol.

heli crashes suck...

what are the Sky Angle edfs?

jmatak9
10-21-2012, 11:04 PM
My 17yr old son flying at a Fun Fly in Orlando, Florida.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8wW8lPE_Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Diesel6401
10-21-2012, 11:10 PM
heli crashes suck...

what are the Sky Angle edfs?

In deed they do suck bad!

Their the little the 50mm edfs sold by Nitroplanes, HK, Toysonics, Banana Hobbies, Venom ect ect ect. They're really J-Power planes. They're pretty fun! BH sells them with a 2 axis gyro now.

I just buy bare airframes and build them. $3 HXT900 servos, $15 esc and a wicked wemo fan/motor combo from DonsRC.com. Golden!!!

http://www.toysonics.com/edf-jet/

Check my YouTube. Theirs a few of them in their. T33, T45, L39 those are thr ones that I got video on.

Diesel6401
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
My 17yr old son flying at a Fun Fly in Orlando, Florida.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8wW8lPE_Y&feature=youtube_gdata_play er

Some serious smack. Nice. Lots of skill that's for sure!

Brushless55
10-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Hmmmmmm......
only 180bucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczdh_L9550

http://www.xheli.com/05h100-quadcopter-green-arf.html

Diesel6401
10-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Got a in-flight the other day with the go-pro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Kiaz_x9Cs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

u9Kiaz_x9Cs

Diesel6401
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
New from HH. Looks really cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-yatMUJfY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Brushless55
10-25-2012, 01:29 PM
New from HH. Looks really cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-yatMUJfY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now were talking!
awesome park flyer size..

BHChieftain
10-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Here's a relaxing flight of my Gaui 200 flybar in the garden. Took me 2 years to be able to control this heli to the point where I could fly it in my yard...
Enjoy (available in HD).

Chief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PqtuH1gjak

Brushless55
10-28-2012, 01:15 AM
for some reason I dig Gaui Helis..

Diesel6401
10-29-2012, 12:12 PM
BL55 you see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_9Kbku0qrM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

j_9Kbku0qrM

Brushless55
10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
BL55 you see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_9Kbku0qrM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

j_9Kbku0qrM

I did, thank you :tiphat:
and I found some legs for the quad I may buy this week that I can use that camera mount, and I have a 3-axis gyro from HK that would work great on this :biggrin:

the quad I like
http://www.xheli.com/05h100-quadcopter-green-arf.html
and with a GoPro it could be a cool way and cheap way to get starting

Brushless55
11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
BAMM!
cool little quad, well worth $100 bucks RTR
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/1QS-1.jpg

bill34207
11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I have to agree. You got a steal on that one.
I just finished the upgrades for my quad. (haven't flight tested the failsafe yet, but by the computer setup screen it should work)

Brushless55
11-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Cool looking setup!

bill34207
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm not overly impressed with the FPV setup. I finally got to test fly it today. (along with the Hobby King "Tiny OSD" and Naza GPS module)
The GPS works great (you could lay your tx on the ground and walk away with it engaged).

The tiny OSD seems to work pretty well too but think I may have it's GPS facing the wrong way after watching the video and seeing where it placed the flying object. The altitude reading seems pretty close on it since it showed 60 meters and we were guessing 200 feet. Voltage and amp readouts were pretty close too. I wouldn't want to rely on the video feed to fly by though. It's too in and out. Good thing I was still flying line of sight.
I'm going to pull the FPV off and try it in a foam glider to see if it a problem with it or just the way it's mounted on the quad.

http://youtu.be/AxBiCR7BbVM

AxBiCR7BbVM

Brushless55
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Looks like something from the Military.. :biggrin:

Diesel6401
11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
New gopro 3 black edition

UZZcB8U5N7A

bill34207
11-25-2012, 06:30 AM
I spent part of Friday and part of Saturday putting this little "blast from the past" together. This one had been in my closet for months and finally got bored enough with the long holday weekend to build it.
This is a wolf in sheep's clothing done up with the factory stickers instead of custom paint. Inside lives a HET 6904 and 3W with CC Phoenix 60 amp esc and air sally custom ducting.
The retired (RIP) airframe the power system came out of was good for about 125 mph on 4s 2200 ma.

Brushless55
11-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Love to see a video of that one a WOT

bill34207
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
I actually have a video of the one the motor and ducting came out of. It doesn't look as fast as it really is though. My buddy filming was a good couple hundred feet from the flight line and I was flying close to 200 feet high at times.

http://youtu.be/4N0_phiTNpU

4N0_phiTNpU

bill34207
12-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Here's what "Santa" brought me this year. The video is short since I had to lay down the transmitter to pick up the Sony handy cam. (and vice versa)

http://youtu.be/zTCv_FDMvgA

zTCv_FDMvgA

MAMBA2200
12-26-2012, 08:41 AM
very nice bill

bill34207
04-20-2014, 06:22 PM
How about a little bump for an old thread? My latest addition. Video from last Sunday. Flight number 5.

http://youtu.be/E2o17q92NGg

E2o17q92NGg