PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA Dist 13 Grand Prix Series

Doug Smock
04-25-2008, 08:06 PM
The SOWEGA Model Boaters
IMPBA District 13
Lake Blackshear Grand Prix
May 24th & 25th, 2008

Come race with us! Great people, cool venue!
More information and entry form here,

http://www.impba13.com/grandprix.htm

Doug Smock
05-06-2008, 11:59 AM
None of you Florida boys want to come and play?:huh:

Doug

Doug Smock
05-29-2008, 10:21 PM
A few pics. You guys are really missing out here. Great venue, fantastic people, and all breeds of RC boats. It just doesn't get any better.

Doug

SJFE
05-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Doug thanks for sharing the pictures. I enjoy getting to look @ all the diffrent boats and pit setups. One of these days I am going to make it down. HEY...was that a gaser TUNNEL????????????

Doug Smock
05-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Yes sir that was a 1/4 scale? gas tunnel. That class is new and seems to be taking off pretty well. Those are some COOL sounding boats on he water!

A few more pics....
AMB FE member Paul Rollins got his first win so he got "boaptised" ( a Dist. 13 tradition)
Casey continues to dominate LSH. Paul took 1st place in N-2 Mono, he earned it too, the "Caseman" was packing some :flame42: . P- Mono went to:banana:

The last pic is all the winners FE, nitro and gas.:buttrock:

SJFE
05-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Thats a kewl tradition..lol. I am activily trying to finance an rtr gas boat. It's not easy puttin that kinda scratch together. I just wana run a big 40+mph boat 30 minutes for 4 buck's.

Jeepers
05-31-2008, 10:56 PM
OSE stickers on gassers who you trying to fool Doug!!:tongue_smilie: :tongue_smilie:

curious, how many nitro/gas guys went electric after you fe guys showed up at the lake?

Doug Smock
06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
curious, how many nitro/gas guys went electric after you fe guys showed up at the lake?

None.
They are interested in FE, but not interested in running small expensive boats.
We have a couple that are building Vac-U-Pickles to race with us but that's about it.
We did have one racer that had purchased everything he needed to build a hot P-Mono, (about $1300.00 with cells) then sold it to one of our FE members.

This why I don't buy the "nitro and gas guys will be flocking to FE" mentality .
IMO FE growth is going to come from the new guy, not old IC racers, except MAYBE the nitro tunnel racers.

Doug