PDA

View Full Version : Delta Force 26

Rumdog
04-03-2012, 07:44 PM
A few pics of my DF 26. This is my second DF 26, and I love these little rockets! My first, I bought pre-rigged (hull and hardware) and I've regretted selling it for a couple years now. So... I built one. She's been out only twice, and it is very easy to get these hulls running well, even at very high speed. On calm water at least. Running a Tacon 4074 2150kv, Fightercat 6s, 140 amp esc 4s1p, 40c nano techs with a x642 prop. I used a wet well stuffing box and the drive is offset 1/8" to the starboard side. The entire bow is filled with 2 part foam.
It hauls the mail!
My previous one was a 3s boat with a Feigao L can, and that one was a blast as well but not nearly as fast. These boats are good fun to run in the rough stuff as well so long as you have a easy way to retrieve. Thanks for lookin!

detox
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Verygood job. I especially like the wet well stuffing box and strut setup.

dana
04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
nice job man… i cant get mine to turn well… any ideas?

Rumdog
04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks, guys. Check your thread, Dana

RIPFENCE
04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
sweet i like that little green bastard! i bet it cranks..

Chrisg81983
04-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Great boat here and very clean build nice job rum

Chris

dana
04-04-2012, 07:25 PM
hey ryan, i got a run in today on some calmer water, and moved my batteries back and it ran like a champ… however, it did wipeout at full speed, and the rudder musta caught the water, and bent everything up. i was able to bend stuff back to str8, but i think im gonna ditch the way i mounted the rudder to the strut, and mount rudder seperately. which rudder are you using bud? also… how is your stuffing tube sealed…silicone? ive had some issues with my setup. mainly leaving a gap of just teflon didnt work out for me, but im still stuck with two seperate tubes. im thinking about drilling it out and just going back to one tube. i have found the sweet spot for the thing anyways… lmk man thanks

Make-a-Wake
04-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Nice ride Rum!!!

Vids anytime soon??? Bet it gets up into the 50's...............:buttrock:

Rumdog
04-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm using one of Fightercat's rudders. I extended the bracket a tad to get the leading edge of the blade in line with the front of the prop. For my tube, it is one peice with no gaps. 1/4" tube I belive in the strut, that extends maybe 1/2" longer than the strut itself, then 7/32" sleeved into that running the full length. At the front of the wet well, I machined a peice of nylon to press fit into the tube, then drilled it for the 7/32" tube and epoxied it all in.

I ran again today, and it was a blast! They dont like crossing wakes in high speed turns, but on flat water it will hold a nice WOT turn.
Hopefully vid sometime this weekend. Havent GPS'd it yet (I need a new one) but it's definately fast!