PDA

View Full Version : BlackJack Insanity, Part #1 Video

Doby
04-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Part #1 of the modification,

Ran the BJ today with the first part of the modification, ,,,running on a single SV 27 motor and speed control and a set of 6 cell IB4200's. Navibe informs me that a top end of 35.5Mph ,,,,on one engine using the standard Proboat outdrive and a SV27 prop:) :)
This thing is crazy fast , except when it wound up upside down on ! When I hit the throttle , it jumped out of the water , pointed its nose to the sky for about 3 seconds before finally settling down.

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/dobydog6507/?action=view&current=BlacJack1stRun002.flv

The blonde hair in the video belongs to the Girlfriend:p

Part #2 of the project will be running on twin engines,,probably in about 2-3 weeks.

Part #3 of the project will be shortly thereafter. I'm starting to get a bit scared about this part after seeing how it ran on just one motor :eek:

Steven Vaccaro
04-29-2007, 07:03 PM
I ran mine today with similar results. The problem I have is that it doesnt like tight turns. The big arc's are ok. I took off the fins and it hooked badly.

Doby
04-29-2007, 07:06 PM
The thing does fly in a straight line, I can't imagine trying to turn it without the fins:eek:
Did you ever try a fin in the front as well ??

SJFE
04-29-2007, 07:35 PM
It's not so bad to turn if you lose the OD. But over all the hull don't like to turn with out being babied in any configuration. With the offset S&R setup and 45mm prop you can keep it about 1/2 throttle mid through the exit of about a 15 foot radius turn. But IMO it will allways have to be babied in the entry. I bet if I had gone down to an 8XL 40mph on 14 cells would have been no sweat. We will have to see how Part Time makes out.

Piranha2
04-29-2007, 08:02 PM
OK, so I wasn't the first one to think to make a Blackjack brushless. Good thing, because I would have never been able to configure and assess that setup as you guys have. Good luck !

Doby
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Just got back from the pond,,Navibe says 36.5Mph. Thats on two , 6 cell packs!! The thing is just plain fast with the SV motor, seriously considering if 3 , even twins might be way to much:eek:
Plus , flipped it twice in some fairly calm conditions , its not the most stable boat,,needs wiiiiiiiiiiide turns, but in a straight line,,, WOW:D

SJFE
04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Shes a handfull. Loose them fins and then give her a run. I never ran withem...lol. Notice how she will get dancin around or just hop out of the water going straight some times....lol..Weeeee:D