PDA

View Full Version : charger question

camarohrod
03-27-2012, 09:20 PM
is this charger any good? goin to pick it up tomorrow if so.

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/X4-AC-4-Channel-AC/DC-Charger/

detox
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I have never seen one of these, but should be OK. What is the price? I know the most popular ac/dc charger is the small 606 Hyperion.

camarohrod
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
ive heard problems with hyperion and dont wana go that route cause i live out in the middle of nowhere. i need a dual charger setup that will charge 4s lipos, all my toys have dual batt setups.

siberianhusky
03-27-2012, 10:36 PM
It's only 50 watts per port, with 4s packs you won't even be able to charge at 3.5 amps, would take a long time to charge, thats not even 1c for a 5000mah pack.
You can get an alright 200 watt 6s single port charger from hobbypartz for a very reasonable price. I have one, they do a pretty good job for a no frills basic charger. there are many other chargers out there with more features for more money but these ones work.
Cellpro makes some great chargers, very popular with the heli and plane crowd but not the boaters for some reason.

JimClark
03-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Where have you heard of Hyperion problems and what were the problems? They are extremely good chargers

ive heard problems with hyperion and dont wana go that route cause i live out in the middle of nowhere. i need a dual charger setup that will charge 4s lipos, all my toys have dual batt setups.

BHChieftain
03-27-2012, 11:16 PM
+1 on the hyperion chargers... Had my EOS0615 Duo for several years and have not had any problems with it. I love the "store" feature, and it has enough power for me to charge four 2S 5000mah packs at once with power to spare.

Chief