PDA

View Full Version : poorly made in china 2 stinger drive

RIPFENCE
03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
i have been searching for some anodized blue hardware for an upcoming project..the choices out there are really limited besides sending a piece or two out to someone who can do this type of work..in my searching i came across changsha kenzen rc model who did have some rc boat hardware offered in anodized blue..going into this i knew i was taking a chance for around 45.00 including shipping..i could use the traxxas spartan hardware but i wanted something different..different is what i got

i guess my biggest gripe so far is the fit and finish of the stinger drive is poor..there are screwdriver marks all over it and the anodizing job is awful.i should have known just the fact that phillips head screws are being used that the quality was not going to be there. i am leary about hanging this off a 70 mph boat..maybe i should go to the trash and hit the reset button and just go to the trusty speedmaster and send it out for anodizing or rattle can anodize myself..just wanted to share another experience with the china stuff..surprisingly their communication through the sale was decent though..keep in mind i was not going into this t be cheap or save money

maybe this drive would perform fine with some tweaks and some tlc but i do not think i want to chance it..

here is what i mean in the pics if you can see..overall it just feels really cheap and flimsy in your hands

Doby
03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
But it is blue:laugh: