PDA

View Full Version : IMPULSE 26 - Shaft maintenance?

IndyHobbies
03-21-2012, 04:45 PM
What maintenance should I be doing on the shaft? Its inside what appears to be a nylon tube. Still grease it right? The manual does not say, or if it does, I missed it.

Darin Jordan
03-21-2012, 04:47 PM
With the LONG stuffing tube... I lean towards using a good lower-unit oil on the flex, and some Pro Boat Grease on the bushing and stub shaft.

With a thicker grease on the shaft, it tends to be draggy and also can walk the teflon liner up toward the coupler...

Oil it well and often and it should hold up for a long time...

IndyHobbies
03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
OK, thanks. I will do just that. I've mostly run scale boats with oil/grease feeder tubes. Do you suggest that I pull the shaft after each session of running and do this? I've not been and I'm getting a little rusty water I noticed. Not good I'm sure.

Darin Jordan
03-21-2012, 05:23 PM
I would remove the shaft at the end of the day, dry it off, and let it sit... Then grease/oil it back up and put it back in for the next run session...

If you run it a lot during the day, then periodically remove it and re-lube.

IndyHobbies
03-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Good information. Just what I needed to know. Thank you!

PS - You guys probably have plenty of marketing shots. But, if you want the high resolution versions of these pictures I took of my boat before I painted it, I'd be happy to send them to you. No watermark website on the originals either of course. Its a fun boat for everybody. Should be the first one they put in their car when then go to run. Good luck with sales!

Thanks again.

Scott Black
First Officer
Indianapolis Admirals R/C Model Boat Club