PDA

View Full Version : Bill's thunderbolt "goldfinger"

SHAWN DAVIS
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
well, its not really gold anymore, but its still goldfinger.
filled some of the vents and a little paint, havent tried the 3 blades yet, my other toy in the background of that third pic... its a little louder than the cat

RaceMechaniX
03-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Nice boats there Shawn, although I will admit the blown flatbottom caught my interest more.

Make-a-Wake
03-18-2012, 12:52 AM
I still cant believe you were able to pry it out of Bills Hands.....................he was so proud of "Goldie"..................It always ran very well!!!

You run it yet?

SHAWN DAVIS
03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah I've had it out a few times, I was amazed how it takes the rough stuff. It runs flat, dont think it could ever blow over. I am thinking that the 3 blades could give it a little stern lift, and I picked the drive angle up just a bit to compensate for the larger props. I am not going to run it until I balance them though. I've been tinkering with it some, worked on the bottom a little and looking for some straight away speeds, never really got into the circle stuff.
As far as getting it away from him, I could tell he didnt want to sell, and he gave me a figure he probably thought I would walk away from.....Showed him!

The Cole runnerbottom is another toy, had a extra 1000 hp mercury motor laying around we took out my father's 40' cat. Its a blast to run, and gives me something to polish on in the garage.
Ive always been a asphalt drag racer, The Cole is just enough to keep me from wanting to get back into it again after a bad crash last October

bill34207
03-19-2012, 10:29 AM
As far as getting it away from him, I could tell he didnt want to sell, and he gave me a figure he probably thought I would walk away from.....Showed him!

That you did. :doh: I have to say the new paint scheme looks good on it though. Hope to soon see some video of it in the water. :beerchug:

rcboatmanwithkids2880
03-19-2012, 05:02 PM
well, its not really gold anymore, but its still goldfinger.
filled some of the vents and a little paint, havent tried the 3 blades yet, my other toy in the background of that third pic... its a little louder than the cat

Hi Shawn ,

Your real boat in picture 3 , is that a Sanger ?? I use to own a BB Chev powered Sanger in my early twenties and waterski with mates and family on Sydney's Hawkesbury River - awesome boat they are !!!

Brad
Oz

SHAWN DAVIS
03-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Its a Cole, but all them look alike, Sangar,Hondo,Canyon,Cole, all probably copies of each other...
And thanks for the Conpliments!