PDA

View Full Version : gell coat chips hull damage?

joker rc
03-17-2012, 08:21 AM
I use Selleys AQUA Knead IT polymer putty its made for repairing chips in fiberglass boats sets rock hard, sand file shape sets white , i used it to fix and re shape the pointed end on miss geico pontoons
its water proof 2 part epoxy that mixes like play dough for shaping . sold in AU

galant2door
03-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I use flowcoat, same as on my real boat's. It's already white so no painting needed. It's also easy to work with. Always good to know there's something else out there that I can use. Where in qld are you mate?.

joker rc
03-17-2012, 10:50 AM
BUDERIM mt sunshine coast , flow coat i check it out ! thanks

siberianhusky
03-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Permatex epoxy putty, break of a chunk knead it, stick it on give it a rough shape then file and sand once it cures. Turns out grey but if the hull has that much damage I'll probably paint it anyway, maybe! LOL I kinda like all the repairs on my Motley Crew, kinda starting to look like a rat rod. Fitting as only the hull and strut are original.
Can get Permatex products at most auto supply shops.

galant2door
03-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Nice, always liked rat rods. At least it's unique husky you wont miss it screaming around a pond. If you are ever up for a run joker drop us a line mate. Im just down at currimundi bud.

joker rc
03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Nice, always liked rat rods. At least it's unique husky you wont miss it screaming around a pond. If you are ever up for a run joker drop us a line mate. Im just down at currimundi bud.

no worries might take you up on that offer soon , when MG is back in the water , have a mate in bris heavily in to RC ,but no fast boats till i showed up with MG flying around the boondal pond , he purchased genesis boat from HKING

Siberianhusky , lol go the rat rod look patch and fill sand and prime ,,,.even though i have spare hull . yeah i am not replacing the it till its bound repair . :)

galant2door
03-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Just drop up a line when your ready mate, im always keen to get out for a run

joker rc
03-18-2012, 07:51 AM
no worries .my name is dave by the way i pm you my number this week some time after i pond test MG i just epoxied carbon fiber battrey trays in ,, what kind of boat.>boats you running ? some weapon i bet ! hehe i have a look at some of you threads

galant2door
03-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Hey Dave, Gus here mate. It's nothing flash, reliable and just fun. Its a 32" cat running solinger harware, 200a swordfish speedy, 40mm 3 blade prop(not to sure on specs) and a recently added Leopard 3665 2100kv motor all on 4s. Still havn't had a chance to run this motor but with the old 8xl that was in it, i guesstimate about 60k's flat out. I just can't judge the speed all that well so thats just winging it. Look forward to hearing from you mate. Gus
Almost forgot, also just done a modded NQD jet boat too.

joker rc
03-19-2012, 01:59 AM
sweet Gus jet boats rip ,,,been running MG at local duck pond ,only run dozen packs through it so far before crash and rebuild dew to servo failed , took today of work to finish it , and clean up my mess dam RC gear laying every were ,too many projects,
i sure my mate in bris will be up this way after he test out his new cat .will have to catch up for a blast .need to find a bigger pond for all 3 of us , no worries .chat soon