PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on new Mystic I just got

bdp1174
03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
I just powered up the new RTR mystic I just got with 2 gens ace 2s 5300 30c lipos and after powering up for the first time it beeped so I thought I needed to pull trigger to arm it and set neutral point.Is this true or are the beeps tones letting me know lipo count or etc.It did arm but I was pulling throttle and then it motor started.I know with my AQ Crew I have to arm esc everytime before running is that the same with proboat mystic or does it arm by itself after the beeps.The first time I powered it up was with the stock radio but I have a dx3s that is marine capable and am going to bind it to it.Do I need to calibrate it when I bind the dx3s to it?
My first proboat and want to make sure I am arming esc properly.
Thanks again

Brandon

Darin Jordan
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
To arm the ESC on a Pro Boat, you just turn on the boat... Turn on the TX... plug in the battery packs... turn on the switch... Should go through some beeps and you will be all set.

bdp1174
03-16-2012, 04:48 AM
Ok sounds good and thanks for the help darin.By the way the boat looks awesome and I look forward to getting it out on the water for its maiden run.
When I bind it to the new dx3s no need to calibrate it just bind it at that's it right?
Gonna remove the flexcable and grease it up before I take it out for its first run.No Idea if they put enough grease on it from the factory.
And also gonna check the water lines for good flow anything else I should do before hitting the pond?

Darin Jordan
03-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Ok sounds good and thanks for the help darin.By the way the boat looks awesome and I look forward to getting it out on the water for its maiden run.
When I bind it to the new dx3s no need to calibrate it just bind it at that's it right?
Gonna remove the flexcable and grease it up before I take it out for its first run.No Idea if they put enough grease on it from the factory.
And also gonna check the water lines for good flow anything else I should do before hitting the pond?

No calibration required.

Good idea on the "once-over"... Wouldn't be a bad idea to get out your 2.5mm hex and go over all of the hardware screws as well, just to make sure they are snug... Over time, the wood in the transom will compress, so you may have to do this a time or two before they take their final set. It's this way on ALL boats with plywood reinforced transoms... not just these RTRs....

Have FUN!

bdp1174
03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Alright will check it all out and will post how my first run went.Thanks again Darin.

bdp1174
04-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I finally got around to taking my mystic out for it's first run today on Easter sunday.All stock right now gonna try a S/B and polished x642 I got here from OSE after I upgrade the bullets.Thanks for all the help guys.It was a little windy today and water was a bit choppy so I took it easy cause I did not want to flip it on the first run.Running nice no leaks at all temps were ice cold on all electronics after around a 3 minute test run.I will get a little better video and some faster running when I get a day with less wind.This is still with the deans plugs on it before I switch everything to 5.5 bullets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwmDfrhA_M