PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy 60 AMP ESC

silvermansteve
03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
any problem running 2 of these 60a turnigy boat escs with the stock venom outrunners in a 34 inch king of shaves catamaran? or had i best use a pair of 120s? thanks!

Diesel6401
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM
The Turnigy Marine 60 amp escs and the stock venom 60 amp escs are both the same. They are hobbywing seaking esc's. Steve here at ose sells them also. If you haven't ordered the escs yet the 120s would be the better value as they will be able to be used in a wider range of applications. Steve/ose also sells the seaking 120s.

It might be cheaper base price from HK, but shipping cost and the time it takes to receive from HK, it maybe better to order from ose.... here in the states I get packages from ose in 3-5 days, HK varies. I've had 1 week from the US store quickest time, and the quickest time from China was like 2 weeks and the longest was 3 months lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

silvermansteve
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM
thanks again diesel. i should pay you as a consultant. i thought the stock oem esc's looked the same. it's costing a lot to build this ekos; actually the $319 deal for a finished boat is starting to look good. i did not know steve here sold those particular esc's. i'm certainly inclined to buy from him if he has what i need; he ships super fast, and runs this site of course.

Diesel6401
03-14-2012, 08:40 PM
I take donations lol.... j/k

Here's the 60: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ker-seaking-60
here's the 120: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ker-seaking-120

TheShaughnessy
03-15-2012, 12:25 AM
this might be a no no but you can get one from another site for 50 shipped. Orders over 50 bucks get free shipping within us. Im only a few hours from their warehouse so i get my orders in 2 days almost every time and my buddy has had the same experience. If you need other boat parts and want to combine your order for ease i suppose OSE would be the way to go but if you are just getting the esc's I'd look around a little. I've also dealt with their customer service and they were great. Steve ships stuff out fast, but I'm a little disappointed with how he handles returns. I guess if you are perfect and never make a mistake on your order you will be happy.

As for hk... I ordered from them a day or so after an OSE order was placed and am still waiting for the package, steves was here a week ago. It took 4 days before i could get a hold of someone on their chat service just so my order would get processed, I had to send them the unique pay pal code because their system messed up or something. But they do have good prices on some stuff if you can handle waiting, you have to order a few things to even make the savings worth it cause shipping cost.