PDA

View Full Version : charging issue help

Mattwarner
03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
I recently brought a second hand 2s (but apparently unused) Lipo from another forum, it arrived boxed and looked in perfect condition, I soldered some connections on and plugged into the charger and it came up with a voltage error and read:

cell 1 = 5.2v
cell 2 = 1.89v

i immediately thought the lipo was knackered, however the seller offered a refund and said he it was only 6 months old and he had storage charged it a few months ago so was surprised.

Anyway i thought i would double check and plugged in my LVC and it displayed cell 1 = 3.89v, cell 2 = 3.91v which makes me think its actually ok?

what would you suggest i do from here, could it be a bad solder on the main connections? should i run it down a bit and then try charging?

Its a hard case with the battery/jst plugging into the case via bullets.

egneg
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I would try and verify the voltage for each cell ... one or the other method you are using is wrong. Best to error on the safe side.

lenny
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
It sounds like the volts is bleeding through some how at the balance plug wires.

sanyijr
03-14-2012, 11:50 AM
If I understand correctly.... You need to confirm the voltage on each cell. Voltmeter each cell. My guess is you are ok, but you neeed to confirm that. What charger you using?

You are connecting the carger and the LVC at the balance plug correct? So yeah, start with Voltmeter on the balance plug and see what you get....

Your charger might be off....

Sean

Mattwarner
03-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Ok, charger is a etronix powerpal dc charger (think they are rebranded something else in the US)

LVC via the balance plug gives a reading on each cell as I would expect, 3.89v & 3.91v if I plug my multimeter on the deans plug it reads 7+ volts, I've plugged into my buggy and everything works fine but when I plug into the charger it comes up:

Battery vol error cell connect

This is the only 2s pack I have so can't check whether it's the balance board that's causing the issue?

Any advice?