PDA

View Full Version : this or sv27r

shannon87
03-12-2012, 10:59 PM
hi guys i really like the look of this hull does it go ok or should i get the aquacraft sv27r any opinions would be great its just that i can pick the ekos up locally instead of around 70 dollars shipping from the states for the sv27r and who knows how long it would take to get here but basically i do like the ekos hull a bit better then the AQ and just convenience.

Make-a-Wake
03-12-2012, 11:13 PM
hi guys i really like the look of this hull does it go ok or should i get the aquacraft sv27r any opinions would be great its just that i can pick the ekos up locally instead of around 70 dollars shipping from the states for the sv27r and who knows how long it would take to get here but basically i do like the ekos hull a bit better then the AQ and just convenience.

You answered your own question.....................

shannon87
03-12-2012, 11:15 PM
hi make a wake i guess i pretty much did lol but i guess the main thing for me is this boat ok durability wise coz i do plan on using it for racing

lenny
03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
What type of water will you be running in, glass,small chop,?
Good v hull can handle chop, Cats to but not to much.
The venom hulls are thin and should be strengthen some.
What is a good deal on the EKOS there $$$ in US ?

shannon87
03-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Probably both glass and small chop i know as my apparition can be finicky and yer thats no problem reinforcing i was offered it to me around 370 as i kinda know him i think they go for like over 400 normally.

So basically including shipping it would be the same price as the sv27r except as i said i wont have to wait up to 2 weeks plus for the sv27 r to come over coz i think the cheapest ive seen an sv27 r is over 500 bucks locally as boating isnt very popular over here with prices like that it wouldnt help lol.

Our prices are very similar to US dollars

Hoverdown3k
03-13-2012, 08:05 AM
The EKOS P1 is a great looking boat, it also works well, The AQ SV is another great boat, if given the choice I think EKOS looks better and in the end it is just as capable.

shannon87
03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
yer i totally agree there is nothing wrong with the sv27 its only looks really as long as the ekos can perform im happy but see what happens as i might be getting a genesis first depends on what another forum member says anyways once i start work again i can buy this after

siberianhusky
03-14-2012, 07:03 AM
The SV is a blast, I really like mine, BUT it is limited in top speed by hull design, they don't call them superflips for nothing!
I wouldn't really call it a good racing hull unless you are racing against other SVs, then it's the most fun race boat I own.
A DF 26 will out handle the SV in all conditions even though it is an inch shorter, and be faster on a stock SV motor and esc.
I know nothing about the Venom, I've owned an SV for a few years now, it's old reliable, still the original motor and esc.
It is a real hoot when you get a bunch of stock SVs ripping up a course, really hooks the new guys when they realize they can be just as fast as everybody else with a prop change.