PDA

View Full Version : Flipped my brushless (minimono), lil help please.

holygrale
03-07-2012, 07:39 PM
First day running my first RC boat(aquacraft minimono). AND I HIT A TURTLE AND FLIPPED IT.

all chimes and servo work....but no spin from the prop.

there was a fair amount of water (quarter cup) inside of it once i got it in hand.

Any ideas on the damage/repair?

Is it possible that the motor just needs some drying time? could the motor be done?

THanks in Advance.

Specs:
■Water-cooled 28-30-2200kV brushless motor

■20A ESC with Deans® Ultra Plug® connector

■Tactic™ 2.4GHz radio system with interference-free control, no-crystal convenience and Secure Link Technology™

Make-a-Wake
03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Always best to let it dry out before you try a diagnosis

BTW, i ran my sons new one today for the first time to "set it up" for him...............we just got it yesterday, and i am very impressed!! I put an octura x432 on it, the thing really scoots. You know how we all are though..............I'm already loooking at an upgrade motor/ESC. Probably a motor in the 2858 2700kv range with a turnigy 35a watercooled ESC since the stock ESC is only 20a and not watercooled.

Unplug everything, especially the connectors to the RX, and let it dry out.........then hook it all back up and try it again tomorrow.

holygrale
03-07-2012, 11:00 PM
UPDATE: motor still cluggin /struggleing to turn after 4 hours of drying

hope is not burnt/fried

lenny
03-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Did you pull the flex shaft out from the coupler at the motor and try ?
And you may need to rebind your TX to Rx to.

sailr
03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
the water could have damaged the esc?

holygrale
03-08-2012, 07:29 PM
UPDATE:

After drying over night....its back to normal now.

ran it for a bit today.

Now i just have to figure out how waters getting in :(

Make-a-Wake
03-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I think I know..................Mine had the steering rod jammed thru the rubber boot, not even thru the hole made for it!! Just poked thru at a random place and the end it was supposed to go thru was wide open. I pulled the ruined internal boot out and added a boot to the outside, a short one that i loc-tited to the hole.

holygrale
03-09-2012, 09:25 AM
thats exactly where the problem is.....i used a flashlight in a dark room to confirm.....which size boot did you use to replace? thanx again