PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion EOS0610iDUOII Charger

DPeterson
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
It appears no one is willing to part with this model Hyperion as I have posted a WTB in a couple different forums.

I am not sure what happended to mine yet but it gave smoke so I am not expecting something I can fix. My charger should be delivered back to me tomorrow 3/2. Will take it apart and see.

Does anyone know where to send a Hyperion charger for repair? What are some experiences?

Thanks - Doug

longballlumber
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Here you go Peterson

http://hyperion-world.com/wheretobuy/

United States of America
Empire Hobby, LLC
950 E Baseline Ave
Unit 210
Apache Junction, AZ 85219, USA

Tel: +1 480 982 0909
Mobile: +1 480 227 6057
Fax: +1 480 456 1113
Email: info@empirerc.com
http://www.empirerc.com

DPeterson
03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks Ball. properchopper's got some info for me too.

I'll see whats up with mine and then e-mail both places to see what may work.

Doug

JimClark
03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Unless they have changed they don't repair (though mine was one of the 50Watt models) but they gave me a real good price on a new one to replace mine

brooks93
03-01-2012, 09:06 PM
LOL damn doug should of just left it here. that place is about 10 minutes from my house

DPeterson
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Well I just took my charger apart. There is a large aluminum cooling block on top of some fets. I plugged it in again and got smoke coming from some fets. Looks like a fried esc. Doesn't look like a fixable situation. Damn it!

Now I remember why I buy extra parts and such. You can't never replace this stuff when you need to.

Why do the new Hyperion chargers have to be so big?

There will be some beer drank tonight - maybe a Brandy or two.

EDIT - Is the super Duo any bigger? The picture on the RC Lipos site looks close to the same size.

brooks93
03-02-2012, 10:30 PM
I was just looking at that charger. If you get one can you let me know how you like it?

thanks Kelly

longballlumber
03-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Doug,

the Duo, Duo II, and Duo III alll use the same package space. Now, I am not 100% confident but I think they had a Duo III+ for awhile, but I am not sure what size that one was. Then they came out with the Super Duo which is currently in production and much larger than the first few I mentioned.

Man-O-man... I was thinking about selling my original Duo but after seeing how much trouble your having finding one; I should probably keep it!

Later,
Mike

DPeterson
03-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Bit the bullit and purchased a couple Super Duo III's. They are really nice. Lots of charging power. If you like large boats with big bats this is probably the charger to have. The case size is larger than the first Duo's. They are not a good fit for my packing system. I will use them mainly for local racing. While I was waiting for them to arrive I got lucky and got hooked up with a couple regular Duo III's new in the box and at a good price. Now I am really set. Little over extended at the time being, but set for a long time.

Kelly - you won't go wrong with Super Duo.

Doug

longballlumber
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
While I was waiting for them to arrive I got lucky and got hooked up with a couple regular Duo III's new in the box and at a good price.
Doug

Nice Snag... Were did you get them and did they have any more of the regular Duo III's?

Later,
Ball

DPeterson
03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey Ball
I got the Duo III's from a private seller. It's all he had. Sometimes I do get lucky. Although I am now heavy on charger inventory.

properchopper
03-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey Ball
I got the Duo III's from a private seller. It's all he had. Sometimes I do get lucky. Although I am now heavy on charger inventory.

Tell the truth, Doug - You're just trying to one-up Newland for the "Most Chargers" trophy at Warmups -

DPeterson
03-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Tony - Truth be known I hadn't thought of that. But now I will be able to beat him at something. Unless of course he reads this.

jcald2000
03-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Or if he buys a FMA PL-8 LOL.