PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have A Rio??

floatn turd
03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I have a couple questions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend that is selling a Aquacraft Rio51 (not the Z) is it any good? what is the difference between the regular 51 and the 51z?

He says its almost brand new, ran twice and with zero damage.
would you buy it for $275?

thanks for the info. I don't know too much about Gas boats, I'm an Electric boat guy. But I will give it a shop if its a good deal and I can re-sell it.

Mr. T

Rumdog
03-01-2012, 07:43 PM
found it!
It is an OK entry level boat. The header on the Fuji motor was junk and cracked easily. The 51z is the same boat, just with a Zenoah. A much better engine. I modded the hel* outta mine. Check the rails and mke sure they're secure. The factory didn't do the best job at glassing them in. Easy fix though. $275 is a good price, if the engine is in good shape.
I pulled my mod motor from my Rio to run in a Sprintcat, however. It's a fun boat, and a decent candidate to learn gassers with.

lenny
03-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi,:tiphat:
Rumdog,
Just talking about your Rio.:lol:

Rumdog
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Yup. The stock driveline is absolute junk too. Had to upgrade the cable, then mod the entire strut to accept a standard 1/4" drive. Lost a reaaaaally expensive prop on that turd.

floatn turd
03-03-2012, 10:43 PM
thanks for the info guys.

Grimracer
03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Turd,

My Rio 51 is the older one with the pipe out and the RioZ muffler in place. Its not as fast as the Zen but runs like a Swiss watch.

Mine as the stock drive train in it too.. its been up over 40MPH and allot of fun and good time to make run at that speed.

Just so you know.. I use white gas in mine (70 octane) as we have allot of alcohol in our gas around here in corn field county! Plus the fuel offers a shorter blow down keeping exhaust temps down and boat speeds up!

Price is good no matter what!

Have fun!

Grim

floatn turd
03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
thanks for the info.

Just not sure if I want to take the plunge into the gas boat world. I have enough problems with all my electric stuff.

Hey, Grimracer

I do have a question about "foaming" my MC. Approx how much foam (oz) do I need to foam a MC? I saw that Kintec sells a 2 part set-up (3oz bottles part A & B) will that be enough? If you know.

thanks

josh

Grimracer
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Sorry i can not help.. I do not liquid foam my boats.

Grimracer