PDA

View Full Version : 2700kv Outrunner motor & 60a esc for MC from seagad stock upgrade or downgrade?

DjFlipNautikz
03-01-2012, 05:20 PM
What the title says. Will the MC benefit from the stock 2700kv motor and 60a esc from the seagad?

Briton line: will it go faster?

longballlumber
03-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Even on 4S you looking to cook that controller...:flashfire: What's wrong with the stock setup on 4S? It's fast, reliable, and fun. I don't understand why everyone wants to make these boats go faster than intended then be upset that something is broken. :doh:

Later
Mike

floatn turd
03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
what do you want it to do? and what kind of batts do you want to run? If its just speed, then I would'nt do it, go with a bigger jump in motor and ESC size.

DjFlipNautikz
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Looking to get around 50mph out of my mc. From HK what esc and motor can I get that is a drop in to achieve this that you recommend?

Doby
03-01-2012, 11:06 PM
You can approach the 50 barrier with the stock electronics on 4S and the right prop...mine's running a consistent 46-47 Mph.

DjFlipNautikz
03-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Can you go into details? What prop? And what mods have you done? I havnt gps mine yet but I believe it is running at about 35-40

floatn turd
03-02-2012, 12:13 AM
You can go as fast as you want, but if you don't reinforce the hull, it may take a dump on you. I have mine set up so I can run up to 8s, but when you go that fast and wreck, I have been told the hull may "fail" I have not reinforced mine. but if I wreck it, I don't really care (as long as I get my parts back). But in short you have to match it all up: what batts you want to run will decide what KV motor to get and that will decide what ESC to get and prop size.(don't forget about extra cooling and bigger flex shaft) I finally put it all together after buying a complete set-up only to find out, I bought all the wrong crap. So do your homework first before you open yr wallet. There is a chart I can send you about batts size and KV motor rating you should start with. If you want PM me with your E-mail. You can get the speed on this boat, but how much you spend will be up to you, if you do go the speed route, you will have to replace EVERYTHING to do it right, cause half ass will just cause more problems and failures every time you use it. I'm still new-ish to all this crap, and I have learned most of it the hard way, and wasted a lot of money for a toy...

Decide if you want something thats fast and expensive or keep it fun and easy to walk away from when it gets old.

MR. T

siberianhusky
03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Mine does about the same speed a Doby's, pretty much stock except for a prop and a rudder with a water pickup.
When it does blow over at that speed you can be pretty much sure the hatch has been stuffed in and the plastic braces broken off.
Not really sure about the prop, mine has been de-tongued, reduced in diameter and has had a bit of cupping on the tips. I have no idea what it really measures out to at this point.
I had a nice Castle in it for a few runs, put it back to stock before the hull destroyed itself. Never even got it up to it's full potential speed, first run ended in hatch repairs after about 100 yards total!
If you want a 50mph+ cat buy a stronger hull and do a proper build, the MC was designed around 4s and a spec motor. Be happy with what you bought is about all I can say about the MC. I like mine a lot now that I have come to grips with the limitations of a RTR boat.
I now have an H&M cat I'm building for the speed rush. The difference between the two hulls is unbelievable, but then again that H&M hull costs almost as much as an entire Motley Crew.

petej
03-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Running 4S, an x642 prop, my MC reaches 37mph, no sweat for the stock motor, ESC.
A x645 prop, Seaking 120A ESC, stock motor, the MC gets to 50mph, but will burn the stock motor. An 1800kv Leopard 4074 should have no problems cruising at 50mph with the x645, 120A ESC, 4S.

Make-a-Wake
03-03-2012, 01:47 PM
An x642 only reaching 37 mph is not right, its too much prop, i bet it would be 6-8 mph faster with an x640 or possibly evrn an m445

petej
03-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Oops, I got my boats mixed up. 37mph was on the Impulse 31. 43mph on the MC.