PDA

View Full Version : black jack motor???

Boats4fun89
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
i recently flipped my blackjack bl and as it was upside down filling with water the motor was still running. i am new to brushless and i was wondering how i should go about cleaning the motor out? is there any certain product to use or how i go about this. thanks

BOlhausen
04-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I did the same thing. It kept reving and reving. When I got it home i used the compressor and blew the motor and the rest of the electronics out.
It seems to work just fine now. Didnt touch anything else.

ETOWNE
04-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Same here. I was more worried about lipo's.I did add a spektrum receiver and sealed everything up. I flipped my boat over the other night and still had control. I used the prop as a fan and got it back to shore.:banana:

obrien
04-18-2008, 06:02 PM
buy some clear electrical tape, and tape the hatch closed on every run. You won't have to worry about water getting in. Also, take the time to move the antenna to the transom so you won't have to deal with that every time you remove the hatch.

Wakesurfer
04-19-2008, 07:06 AM
When I use Spektrum Rx on my cars/trucks, it works fine if the ant. is under the shell. I try to keep as much of the wire verticle as possible and haven't had any issues. Anybody know if that will work with the glass boat hull? Seems like I might be pushing the range a bit farther with the boat than I do with my land based stuff and I don't want to cut the range.

ETOWNE
04-20-2008, 08:16 AM
.I did add a spektrum receiver and sealed everything up. I flipped my boat over the other night and still had control.

The antenna is in the radio box completly.I still have good range and I have control when the boat is upside down. It worked fine yesterday,2 seperate times.....lol... I have to order the fullers hardware. Stock stuff sucks.

ETOWNE
04-20-2008, 08:17 AM
.I did add a spektrum receiver and sealed everything up. I flipped my boat over the other night and still had control.

The antenna is in the radio box completly.I still have good range and I have control when the boat is upside down. It worked fine yesterday,2 seperate times.....lol... I have to order the fullers hardware. Stock stuff sucks.