PDA

View Full Version : Blade MQX

Diesel6401
02-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Well I have back surgery coming up on Feb 29, needless to say I will be out of commission for a little bit of time after surgery. I'll be pretty restricted to the house and can't stay on my feet for extended periods of time, and can't sit for extended periods of time it's like a twisted game of "musical chairs". In the mean time I been working a crap load of overtime to build a little nest to live on for since I will be out of work for a few weeks. So I was talking to the wife about a little MQX to fly off back deck and in the house while im "down for repairs". With the extra OT and tax return she said I should get one, that made me happy but I thought we could use the extra $$$ for bills. She said "no we're fine on bills, plus you need something to do around the house so you don't annoy the hell outta me"... ummmm Yes dear I'll glady run to the LHS and snag a new toy :smile:

So that's the setup, now to the goods...

What a AWESOME little quad. This thing is pretty impressive. I been flying around the shop at work, outside and in my garage pretty. I tried to fly with the rtr radio because I would like to leave in the car or to take with me on trips, but it was very hard to fly with the stock radio so I binded to my dx8 and it flies like a dream. The AS3X is a very cool little system! Needless to say I love this little thing! No moving parts (besides motors) on it, everything is contained on a very small little circuit board. I'm going to add some led's to it to help with orientation.

Here's the link: http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=BLH7500

Diesel6401
02-27-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6jADckuGs&list=UUV3Vv9FY8bLrNBa4GS8hVVg&index=1&feature=plcp

Brushless55
03-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Very cool..
I've thought about getting one of these..
I wonder how much weight they can lift and fly around with??

Diesel6401
03-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Not much weight. Wouldn't lift my cell phone, but does lift the small hd dice cameras that xheli.com or hobbypartz.com (same company) or the keychain camera. Very VERY stable, the as3x system is awesome.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Brushless55
03-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Not much weight. Wouldn't lift my cell phone, but does lift the small hd dice cameras that xheli.com or hobbypartz.com (same company) or the keychain camera. Very VERY stable, the as3x system is awesome.

I have a 3axis system coming to me to try in a PA Addiction and a 64mm edf F-18 I have!
not going to tell how much it was until I fly it and see just how well it works, or does not work for me :spy:

Diesel6401
03-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I have a 3axis system coming to me to try in a PA Addiction and a 64mm edf F-18 I have!
not going to tell how much it was until I fly it and see just how well it works, or does not work for me :spy:

That sounds awesome! Sounds like you have some really nice birds... I have a PA Extra 260 on my wish list, would love LOVE to build one.

I stumbled across this today over at RCG. I would like to try somthing like this down the line. Maybe pretty cool to try.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1614811
http://www.century-rc.com/ecs/product_show.php?p_id=6115
http://www.hobbyeagle.com/manual/2012-03-13/8.html

*I don't know about the whole "move over as3x" part, after seeing the system work in my MQX these other systems will have their work cut out for them. I have the AS3X UMX Mig 15 on pre-order from HH, man I can't WAIT to get my hands on that thing. You like the GP the F-86? I would like to have that also (F86 fan), but with the Mig pre-ordered and a boat in the works :spy: money is a little tight. I also want the as3x umx spitfire and the carbon cub. Damn you HH and your wonderful offerings! Forcing me to work OT to hand over to you! lol

Diesel6401
03-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Being a Eagle Tree fan and knowing the manuals are products are easy to follow this looks very interesting: http://www.eagletreesystems.com/guardian/

This part might interest you BL55

In 3D flight mode, the Guardian becomes your aerobatic assistant. Whether you want to become a 3D expert, or already are, the Guardian can turn your squirrelly stunt plane into a kitten, without sacrificing aerobatic capability.

The Guardian updates your control surfaces much faster than most humans can, to provide real time corrections to the flight. So, you can concentrate on your maneuver, rather than fighting the model to maintain control. The Guardian makes your plane "snappier" for precision maneuvers.

The Guardian has two submodes for 3D flying:

In 3D Heading Lock submode, simply center your sticks to have the Guardian lock onto your present attitude (pitch, roll, and heading), which can make it easier to perform stunts like prop hanging, inverted flight, knife edges, low speed harriers, etc!

In 3D Gyro submode, the Guardian uses its built-in 3 axis gyro to increase your model’s stability, while leaving you in full control. In this mode the Guardian greatly reduces the effects of gusts, turbulence, motor torque and other factors, and can expand the maneuverability of your model in a variety of conditions.

I never tried 3d flying before, but this kinda takes a little of the nervousness away. If I get a 3d plane like a PA or a 3DHS Edge 41" I'm going to snag one of these eagletree systems and try it out. I do basic aerobatics OK not that great, some are clean but not all the time. This may help me out. Been thinking of getting into more aerobatics. I like flying warbirds, but sometimes that gets old. Looking for different route.

Brushless55
03-17-2012, 11:16 AM
yeah, I have been looking into these systems for several months now wondering what it could be like in our bigger planes and jets...
I dig my GP F-86 and would like to get the Mig next along with the Spit
I got that email from Eagle Tree and think its a cool system to try
these could take scale flying to a whole nother level

Diesel6401
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah, I have been looking into these systems for several months now wondering what it could be like in our bigger planes and jets...
I dig my GP F-86 and would like to get the Mig next along with the Spit
I got that email from Eagle Tree and think its a cool system to try
these could take scale flying to a whole nother level

My little 50mm edf's get pushed around a bit in wind especially slowing down to land. Would make a big difference, but not a lot a room in those things. I have a Mustang that can be a tad challenging, this def would make it fly a lot more scale. A nice price as well. I'm going to make a effort to purchase this eagletree system!

Brushless55
03-19-2012, 12:00 AM
I should have mine this week!
let me know if you get the ET

Diesel6401
03-19-2012, 08:54 PM
I should have mine this week!
let me know if you get the ET

Sweet! Keep me posted! Ill patiently be waiting for the eagletree system to come out.